The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 May 2009, 11:37 AM   #31
lawyerwatchfan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkongkelley View Post
It would be helpful if you told us a little more about the look you are going for. SS TT or Gold, for example? Conservative or "bling"?

Without much to go on, here is a brief look from my point of view.

If you want a clean, simple, classic look then it should be the sub (however, I would try to force myself to wait for the new ones because of the parachrom and the ceramic bezel and the clasp).

If you want the GMT feature and the 24 hour numbers on the bezel, then it should be the GMTIIC (this is my favorite current watch without question). IMHO it's the best Rolex ever made.

If you like the chronograph feature and/or the dial of the Daytona go for it (by the way, no one can predict the future of Rolex, but if you are concerned about future resale a SS Daytona is a pretty safe bet right now). I lilke the look of the Daytona but no date bothers me.

No Milgauss of Submariner LV for me but others are fans.

Now for the Deep Sea. I have tried it on several times. Wrist wise, I can pull it off. However, while I love this watch, I think the thickness of the case might annoy me. Others I respect disagree and say it is no big deal; they say it's fine as a daily wearer, but I just found it a bit out of proportion when looking down at it. The bracelet on this watch is second to none, however. It could ultimately be a classic.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide.

Great analysis!
lawyerwatchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 11:45 AM   #32
lawyerwatchfan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
You know, it's funny, My AD is the same way at the moment. They are not replenishing their supply of watches at the moment. Just not getting the demand in the current economy. One of the downsides to living in a smallish town to. If I were in Atlanta still, I would be able to find an AD in the area that would have all the watches I"m interested in stock.
Actually, it may not just be a "small town" AD issue. In the US mid-atlantic region, the 4 ADs in my area (all within 60 minute drive) are not replenishing their stock as they have always done in previous years. Whereas in the past, they all typically had two or more of all "popular" models in stock at any one time (with the exception of the SS Daytona), they currently have at most one of the better sellers in stock and are not reordering until their one sample is sold.

Apparently, so much uncertainty about the economy that the ADs are looking to protect themselves from not being over-extended.
lawyerwatchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2009, 09:58 PM   #33
Big A
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Submariner
Still looking about for a GMT II, but found this on the net http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/11...619review.html which I really like the look of. Does anyone know if this is going into production anytime soon?
Old 15 June 2009, 10:02 PM   #34
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Already is but only in the gold versions, the 2 tone version is due to be released into the market September sometime.
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2009, 10:29 PM   #35
Big A
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Submariner
Seen the gold and s/s but much prefer the all s/s like in the link. No plans for it to be released?