The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 October 2008, 06:55 PM   #31
walds11
"TRF" Member

Did I miss something? I thought the new MSRP is $9,925? Sounds like ADs are taking advantage of this "so called" bracelet change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I just paid 9200 for my V serial Daytona! I would not buy anything from Jared's
Old 21 October 2008, 01:03 AM   #32
Hamilton Carvalho
Banned

Thanks for the info Yenning. I confirmed that information with the sales department at Rolex 5th Avenue. The new price $9,925.00 is for the Daytona with bracelet #7859 which at this point is not available in the USA. The price for the Daytona with bracelet #7849 is $9,200.00. I'm glad I'm entitled to a refund of $725.00. BTW the clasp has been changed not the bracelet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Sub View Post
I spoke with the sales at Southcoast store yesterday.
They told me they have sold 5 or 6 SS Daytonas since my last visit with them which was like 2-3 mo ago. All sold from the display case, no games played.
The last one they sold on Thursday 10/16/08 and was $9200. According to the sales there, the new price applies to ones with new bracelet and the older bracelet models should still sell for $9200 and that is still their price today.
Anyone can second that? Thanks.
Hamilton Carvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 01:57 AM   #33
Randy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Carvalho View Post
Thanks for the info Yenning. I confirmed that information with the sales department at Rolex 5th Avenue. The new price $9,925.00 is for the Daytona with bracelet #7859 which at this point is not available in the USA. The price for the Daytona with bracelet #7849 is $9,200.00. I'm glad I'm entitled to a refund of $725.00. BTW the clasp has been changed not the bracelet.
Great info Hamilton!!!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 03:33 AM   #34
dubeagle

Awesome (as my 6 year old would say).

I just called the AD where I got my SS Daytona and after I explained the issue, I was issued a US$725 refund.

TRF is awesome (needless to say part of the refund will go to becoming a pledge member)!
dubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 03:36 AM   #35
Hamilton Carvalho
Banned

Big Kudos for Yenning's information. I hope to get a refund just like you got yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeagle View Post
Awesome (as my 6 year old would say).

I just called the AD where I got my SS Daytona and after I explained the issue, I was issued a US$725 refund.

TRF is awesome (needless to say part of the refund will go to becoming a pledge member)!
Hamilton Carvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 06:10 AM   #36
mojo

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Carvalho View Post
Thanks Hamilton. TRF is the greatest. I called Jared with the info and they are refunding the $725 + tax. I thought I was happy before just getting a daytona now I'm getting $ back.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 07:27 AM   #37
Klokke

Nope! Not correct. ALL Daytona prices went up on October 1.

The SS Daytona just got some small changes to the clasp, not the bracelet. The reference number is the same regardless of the clasp. The new price applies to a watch's reference number, not its clasp. And new prices, as a rule, apply even to watches in stock before a price increase. This was verified by my three ADs AND their Rolex rep and Rolex USA and one ADs price list.

Also, remember that some M-series SS Daytonas with the original clasp arrived at ADs AFTER the price increase.

An AD that sells you any new SS Daytona for less than the current $9925 is simply discounting. If you find one, BUY IT because discounting a new SS Daytona is almost unheard of. The GMT-II C clasp on the latest Daytonas is really not much different than the original Daytona clasp and not worth $725 more.

Now go buy that discounted Daytona!
Klokke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 08:23 AM   #38
dubeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokke View Post
The SS Daytona just got some small changes to the clasp, not the bracelet. The reference number is the same regardless of the clasp. The new price applies to a watch's reference number, not its clasp. And new prices, as a rule, apply even to watches in stock before a price increase. This was verified by my three ADs AND their Rolex rep and Rolex USA and one ADs price list.

Also, remember that some M-series SS Daytonas with the original clasp arrived at ADs AFTER the price increase.

An AD that sells you any new SS Daytona for less than the current $9925 is simply discounting. If you find one, BUY IT because discounting a new SS Daytona is almost unheard of. The GMT-II C clasp on the latest Daytonas is really not much different than the original Daytona clasp and not worth $725 more.

Now go buy that discounted Daytona!
I spoke with a sales rep this morning in the NYC office and he confirmed that the new price is for the Daytona with the #7859 (GMT IIc type clasp) bracelet and that the #7849 bracelet (the only one available in the US currently) still has a SRP of US$9,200.

As stated above, I bought one about two weeks ago and called my AD. I got a US$725 refund!
dubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 08:49 AM   #39
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeagle View Post
I spoke with a sales rep this morning in the NYC office and he confirmed that the new price is for the Daytona with the #7859 (GMT IIc type clasp) bracelet and that the #7849 bracelet (the only one available in the US currently) still has a SRP of US$9,200.

As stated above, I bought one about two weeks ago and called my AD. I got a US$725 refund!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Thanks Hamilton. TRF is the greatest. I called Jared with the info and they are refunding the $725 + tax. I thought I was happy before just getting a daytona now I'm getting $ back.

I am very happy for you two and hope for the same for Hamilton to get refund from his AD as well.
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 08:50 AM   #40
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
the Rolex store here in Costa Mesa Cali has a couple of Daytonas also $9200, they were even willing to give me a 1 year no interest on it..... very tempting but the ones they had were white face and if it were black face i would have jumped on it
SirLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 09:14 AM   #41
Felly Jr.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona/GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLoki View Post
the Rolex store here in Costa Mesa Cali has a couple of Daytonas also $9200, they were even willing to give me a 1 year no interest on it..... very tempting but the ones they had were white face and if it were black face i would have jumped on it
Just got off the phone with the Costa Mesa Rolex store and the SS Daytona's are gone. The guy did say the price is still $9,200 for the old style clasp model.
Felly Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 09:50 AM   #42
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

When was this? I didn't go there for at least 2-3 months and maybe I should go there more now the economy is bad??

TT Blue Submariner "P"
Pam 311, 524, 297
Old 21 October 2008, 10:06 AM   #43
mking0714
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pop Watch
Pics of the New Rolex Clasp?

Anyone got a pic of the new Daytona Clasp?.
Post em dude!.
mking0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 10:14 AM   #44
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking0714 View Post
Anyone got a pic of the new Daytona Clasp?.
Post em dude!.
Here's the link : http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=54313

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2008, 04:26 AM   #45
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Sub View Post
When was this? I didn't go there for at least 2-3 months and maybe I should go there more now the economy is bad??

i can confirm, a coworker of mine went today for an early lunch and they have 1 white face in stock, old clasp. $9200 and if approved they will give you a 1 year. he mentioned they dont have them out on display, you gotta show up and ask for it in person; wear a rolex too and strike up a conversation first though haha.

Ben Bridge in Brea had 1 white face also but it sold yesterday.
SirLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2008, 06:33 AM   #46
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
This would make sense that they never put the SS Daytona's in the case, eventhough they may have one or two. Someone on this thread said they did have them in the case and sold them to the luck customer taht just happen to come in at the right time. I frequent the South Coast Rolex store and I have never seen a SS Daytona in the case. I use to ask if they had any just to see if they did and stopped asking about 5 trips ago because I kept getting the same answer. "No.. we do not have any".

I am curious if someone truly has seen one in the case at the South Coast Store and it was not already sold or being held for someone...

Quote:
i can confirm, a coworker of mine went today for an early lunch and they have 1 white face in stock, old clasp. $9200 and if approved they will give you a 1 year. he mentioned they dont have them out on display, you gotta show up and ask for it in person; wear a rolex too and strike up a conversation first though haha.

dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2008, 11:39 PM   #47
vzmax
"TRF" Member

I purchased a white face Daytona last week and I just got my refund today of $725 plus tax without me asking. My rep actually called to tell me.
vzmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2008, 12:57 PM   #48
mojo

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Got my refund today
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2008, 01:34 PM   #49
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzmax View Post
I purchased a white face Daytona last week and I just got my refund today of $725 plus tax without me asking. My rep actually called to tell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Got my refund today

Very glad to hear that!
TT Blue Submariner "P"
Pam 311, 524, 297
Old 25 October 2008, 01:35 PM   #50
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

another one and I didn't see it
TT Blue Submariner "P"
Pam 311, 524, 297
Old 27 October 2008, 02:10 PM   #51
LamboSPDR

Bummer. Would have loved the opportunity.
LamboSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2008, 04:50 AM   #52
ttannert
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Black Daytona
I just got the call today that they will be sending me a refund of $725.00 plus tax. I had asked about the price at time of purchase from reading this thread and they told me that they would look into it. I was not going to let that keep me from going ahead with the pruchase. It is nice to get the call though!!!
SS Rolex M Black Daytona
SS Rolex V Black Milgauss GV
SS Rolex M Black Milgauss
TT Rolex Z White MOP Datejust
SS Rolex M Coke GMT II
SS Tag Heuer Black Kirium Chronometer
ttannert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2008, 02:11 PM   #53
copperlab

I am looking for a Daytona SS white or black face. It is going to be a graduation gift from my family (graduating college). But the caveat is that they want to buy it from an AD and only an AD. I can't find any ADs with the watch in the minneapolis (where I live) or the san diego areas (where parents live). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I just want to say that I have really enjoyed browsing this forum, and can't wait to finally get a Rolex!!
copperlab is offline   Reply With Quote