The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 February 2022, 01:38 PM   #31
Urooj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Because he is a flipper and likes to flip. Normal person who buys a AP concept doesn't have to liquidate everything to get it. He is in this position now only because of the insane prices all these watches are asking, now he can actually get into a concept at retail.

I agree with the other person, if you stretch so far into a watch like this you will be so paranoid about it. People who buy this watch, if something happens they just buy another one. 300k isn't meaningful for them.

Sell your watches and cash out so someone else can enjoy them and actually wear them. Your gold chrono isn't going much higher. The offshore is at the top.
Kindly show me where you can buy concept at retail and I would be most likely to buy two left alone at retail. I assume you haven’t been collecting watches long enough all serious collectors prefer to sell pieces to trade up or want to acquire something more coveted. Until recently if someone has been collecting watches if he wanted to sell he would have to lose a margin of 20 to 30 pct on sale that was common practice a year or so ago. It’s recently that watches can be traded or sold at what you paid for or more. For collectors who have been doing it for decades liquidity matters as piling up pieces would have inevitably would have set back more financial loss as most watches use to lose a lot of value over time and they preferred to keep changing or updating their collection to what they like. Many seasoned collectors would second me here. Also to make strong assumptions about someones financial viability is not credible. Obviously we are making money in a trade to an opportunity to buy a tourbillon makes lots of sense. We buy watches at retail and a lot from Greg at very high premiums like I just bought a 15500st blue dial brand new unworn at 90k and a 33mm quartz blue dial Rg diamond bezel at usd 68k. Both at very high premiums so please stop assuming what financial strength or background one has and comment on pieces and collection advice requested rather than analysing financial means and refrain fromimposing condescending nicknames to people you don’t even know.
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2022, 08:39 AM   #32
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj View Post
Yes I can carry it I tried the Schumacher laptimer and I can pull it fine as well

I had the laptimer on my wrist last month and it looked ridiculous on my 7.1” wrist.

If that’s your wrist in the photo with the summer edition then I wouldn’t sell that, it’s a special & very rare watch and looks perfect on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2022, 09:20 AM   #33
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Why is it that a few of the newer TRF members think it’s a forum requirement to antagonise other longstanding members for entertainment?

Since Rolex, AP & Patek started to skyrocket on the secondary market this ‘hobby’ has attracted far too many cockwombles.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2022, 09:37 AM   #34
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Why is it that a few of the newer TRF members think it’s a forum requirement to antagonise other longstanding members for entertainment?

Since Rolex, AP & Patek started to skyrocket on the secondary market this ‘hobby’ has attracted far too many cockwombles.

100 per cent agree Ash. Hence why so few long-standing collectors post regularly on here any longer. A real shame. It is no longer about the watches sadly.
Old 26 February 2022, 12:18 PM   #35
JF100
"TRF" Member

I'd keep what you have, BUT that is my personal taste. From a financial standpoint you would be safer with what you have as opposed to the concept (for some reason finances are taboo on this forum which they shouldn't be, it's an element of any purchasing decision). So... ask yourself: is your expected utility from the watch > (financial opportunity cost + current & expected future utility of the 2 watches you'll forego), if true then buy, else dont buy. That's how I'd think about it.
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 04:17 PM   #36
Urooj
Banned

Quote:
I had the laptimer on my wrist last month and it looked ridiculous on my 7.1” wrist.

If that’s your wrist in the photo with the summer edition then I wouldn’t sell that, it’s a special & very rare watch and looks perfect on you.

Thanks buddy yeah! Summer edition is quite exceptional won’t be selling it. It’s a pleasure and absolutely gratifying to hear from friends who have been here on these forums for the longest and offer sincere and genuine advice, so much appreciated.
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 01:36 AM   #37
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I enjoyed reading that post more than I should have
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 01:48 AM   #38
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

New money, new hobbyists don't have the living memory to recognize the old. We just haven't been around the block long enough, metaphorically so to say. In the mean time I will continue to fantasize about Conker's watches.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 02:14 AM   #39
MP777
"TRF" Member

Love the concepts, I say go for it!
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 10:47 AM   #40
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
New money, new hobbyists don't have the living memory to recognize the old. We just haven't been around the block long enough, metaphorically so to say. In the mean time I will continue to fantasize about Conker's watches.
Thank you my friend. But isn't it a terrible shame for watch lovers that I don't post anymore due to the legions of idiots on social media.
Old 1 March 2022, 10:57 AM   #41
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I typically try to just read these type of threads as i have nothing of value to add, i don’t play in the 300k range. It seems like more should follow suit. If your entire collection is 20k, should we value their opinion on wearing 300k pieces, i think not.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 11:32 PM   #42
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Patek
I saw keep what you have, two awesome pieces! With that said if this is truly the one watch you have been after, will you have the chance again? The good news is either way you go you will have an awesome AP!
Mainewatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 10:06 PM   #43
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
It's not discontinued.....?
It is discontinued. 6 month run

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Willyjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 10:11 PM   #44
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Ignore the haters.

I wouldn't do this trade. Keep the 26239OR, it is special.20210619_160601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Willyjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 11:52 PM   #45
Longhorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK SMASH
You have two very highly collectible pieces that I think are more liquid, that is I think it'll be faster for you to find buyers for these two pieces than for the Concept alone should you want to dip into this 'fund' for future acquisitions.

However for an AP enthusiast, this is a crowning achievement to acquire and pretty incredibly rare to see in public. It feels like moving into a hypercar segment of watches and may offer a totally different ownership experience.

I wouldn't go for it personally because it's not my favorite concept, but just depends on what will give you the most thrill.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 12:24 AM   #46
Yanagimachi
"TRF" Member

Prices and/or worth aside, I wouldn't do the trade.
The black Concept will not age well. In 10-15 years you might not wear it.
Your RG is timeless.
If don't wear your current watches go for it.

I'm envy of your dilemma
Yanagimachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 12:59 AM   #47
Watchandhoop
"TRF" Member

Although I do love the concept. I would keep what you have. The summer edition is absolutely fantastic. Highly underrated
Watchandhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 08:07 AM   #48
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

It's a shame really.

To the OP, I personally wouldn't do it. Your two current pieces are great pieces. I think the Concept is too big. Just my humble opinion.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 01:01 PM   #49
bigbond
"TRF" Member

It's funny how many people on here digging so deep into your story vs just answering a simple question: Should you buy this watch or not. I say YES!

In my opinion, AP Concept GMT Tourbillon looks amazing! It is another level and way hotter than other ROO watch unless you had Black Perpetual or RO Tourbillon Ultra Thin etc.

I agree with few people who said Blue GMT is a better option if you can find one. I am trying to get one myself.
bigbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 08:20 AM   #50
Uros
"TRF" Member

If you can pull it size wise I would do it! Concept is so unique, royal oaks you see so many these days, once these craziness settles you can buy again gold chrono...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 08:42 AM   #51
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I personally would prefer the two you own. Gold AP bracelet is unmatched and that summer offshore looks great!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 01:14 PM   #52
x24222
"TRF" Member

Good conversation and opinions. My two cents - AP’s 175th anniversary is coming in two years. I’d keep your two pieces bc they are awesome and more liquid, and save your dry powder for whatever Francois and team having coming down the pipe. Consider a 2 for 1 trade around then on something truly spectacular.

x24222 is offline   Reply With Quote