The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 3 November 2016, 02:04 PM   #31
DJExplorer
"TRF" Member

Go see Meg at Brown & Co a few lights down from the "well known mall" and you will never look back.
Knowledgeable, friendly and always a great stock. You'll get all the magazines you need and a cookie to boot.
I can't speak highly enough about them.
Old 3 November 2016, 02:28 PM   #32
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcarolina1801 View Post
Well folks I've had another nasty AD experience, this makes the third time I've been treated this way at this particular store so I am definitely done with them permanently.

Tonight I walked in to check out their selection and after a few minutes the salesperson walked over to greet me. It was obvious she didn't want to talk to me but while I had her attention I happened to ask if they had a copy of the new Rolex Magazine in that I could have. She instantly replied "No, we don't have any". A few moments later I turn my head and see a short stack of them right there on the other end of the counter. I then say, "Oh I see some there, may I have one", and she says "No, I won't give you one of those" and then hands me some generic flyer from behind the counter.

I won't name this particular AD but they are in a very prominent mall in Atlanta and I know multiple other members have shared similar experiences with them before. I'm done with them, they'll never see my face again.
What is the point in complaining if you don't identify the offender?
Old 3 November 2016, 05:03 PM   #33
henry333
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
But that's literally what the salesperson wanted.

I suggest your next plan of action is to arrive back at this AD tomorrow 10 minutes before closing time while wearing two large gold chains around your neck with a digital battery-powered alarm clock attached to them. Be sure that the time is set to the atomic time of Switzerland for critical effect. These can be purchased at a very good price from stores like Wal-mart.

On your wrist, adorn a paper cutout in the generic shape of a Submariner (make sure to cut out a hole for what seems to be the cyclops). Do NOT attempt to make cutouts on the corners representing chronograph pushers as that may mislead them into believing it is a Daytona.

Re-approach the sales lady who has so carelessly insulted your ancestry. Place a $5 Canadian bill in the nearest pocket of her suit jacket. Lean into her left ear (your right) slowly and whisper, "Cerachrome, cerachrome. May your nights be filled with Rolesor."

At this point, her body should be possessed by the ghost of Hans Waldorf. Ask again for the magazine. You should, without a doubt, receive at least one copy of it.

Happy Halloween
Old 3 November 2016, 05:41 PM   #34
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Hmmm, I wouldnt be so diplomatic.

I would say something along the lines of "who the **** do you think you are. Go and get the manager."

It pecks my head when people are like this.
You get similar responses (in the UK at least) from Doctors receptionists and counter staff in the Post Office.
In the past I have pointed out that they only work for the establishment. They dont own it.
Old 3 November 2016, 05:54 PM   #35
Star Ferry
Banned

Have you tried calling people out on stuff like this? better to handle it in the moment than walk away feeling mistreated
Old 3 November 2016, 06:34 PM   #36
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8 View Post
Wait until tomorrow when I walk in with my brand new Hulk LV and have the same saleslady size it for me
I wouldn't give them a Fossil to size.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 3 November 2016, 06:39 PM   #37
Winnie Bloo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the GBP fall.
Shocking.

However, we always have a choice, and can "vote with our feet"

The nice ones are out there as mentioned in this thread.
Old 3 November 2016, 07:25 PM   #38
Quailhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
I've been doing business with Mayors stores in Atlanta since 1997. I've always been treated with courtesy and respect. I have found the staff to be highly professional and helpful upon every visit. I cannot comment on your visit as I was not present, but I've observed the staff interacting with other guests and they seem to get excellent service.

I was in the Atlanta Brown & Co. store and was also treated politely.

The Mayors store on the Lenox mall carries Rolex whilst the other mall store does not.
Old 3 November 2016, 07:36 PM   #39
Peter99
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN & 214270
Am not sure if is quite the same in the US but in the UK if one walks into an upmarket London store, of most sorts, whether it be motor, clothes, watches, shoes etc in anything less than smart casual clothes, they don't want to know you!
I've tried it, I know! It's a question of getting you out ASAP!
Old 3 November 2016, 08:53 PM   #40
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Thanks for the information. Staff is so important for retailers as the treatment of customers is the bread and butter that keeps you open. Over the years I have taken the course that if I am not pleased I speak directly to the person. If no change in direction for them, I ask for the manager and so on. I will leave a posting on Yelp. Tell all my friends and generally spread the word if things are not made right. I also shop only where I am treated well.
Old 3 November 2016, 09:16 PM   #41
sergenubretsuisse
Banned

Watch: Rolex Sub 16800
This mayor sound bad but maybe only lazy rude staff judge on clothes you wearing or boss say only give magazine to known special customer
Old 3 November 2016, 09:29 PM   #42
mr_mike
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust II white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter99 View Post
Am not sure if is quite the same in the US but in the UK if one walks into an upmarket London store, of most sorts, whether it be motor, clothes, watches, shoes etc in anything less than smart casual clothes, they don't want to know you!
This can be true, but not always. Not long ago I walked into a Mercedes-Benz dealer wearing grubby motorcycle clothes and sweating like a pig (hot day, and I commute on a bike and always wear full protective gear) and was very well received, they spend quite some time with me even though it was close to the end of the day and I made clear I wasn't signing anything that day.

I don't think it's a London or even a UK thing, just a 'snooty salesman' thing which can happen anywhere.
Old 3 November 2016, 09:29 PM   #43
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
What needs to be done, is het the manager's email address and send him/her the link to this thread
Old 3 November 2016, 10:34 PM   #44
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter99 View Post
Yes, the UK is not the most, well, friendly place within the world for luxury goods. In Europe i tend to shop at upscale stores yet clothes and shoes are dress down casual to better blend in with the average crowd. Sometimes at first they are not quite helpful as you say, yet upon looking at my timepiece, etc, and Wellendorff ring (if they are even aware of the brand), and yes their attitude changes. Not subtle of them either. It's sad really, as worked sales for many years and never judged a book by the cover. Another salesman i worked with 'cherry picked' customers and he consistently made far less in commission.

Within the UK i do realize that 'class ranking' is still an ongoing problem that is embedded within the culture. Fortunately, there are some salespeople at stores who are wiser and more professional than others.

Vote with your Renminbi, Dollars, Yen, British Pound Sterling, Euros, etc.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 3 November 2016, 10:41 PM   #45
southcarolina1801
"TRF" Member

In this case I can definitely say I was dressed pretty well, I had just left dinner. Of course I wasn't wearing a tux, but I also even had a Rolex on my wrist so if I was dealing with a snooty salesperson you'd at least think she would have treated me well.

And yes, I agree I should have called her out on it right then. I tend to be a very agreeable and kind natured person but I definitely should have made this a bigger issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 November 2016, 10:51 PM   #46
Bigboye
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C,DJ,TAG Heuer
Quote:
In this case I can definitely say I was dressed pretty well, I had just left dinner. Of course I wasn't wearing a tux, but I also even had a Rolex on my wrist so if I was dealing with a snooty salesperson you'd at least think she would have treated me well.

And yes, I agree I should have called her out on it right then. I tend to be a very agreeable and kind natured person but I definitely should have made this a bigger issue.

The good thing is Brown & Co. is less a mile away and they two location in meto Atlanta. I'm going to stop in this weekend and see what they are willing to on a 116610NL. I might stop in to the mall and see what they have to say, just for the hell of it.
Old 3 November 2016, 11:01 PM   #47
pampam
"TRF" Member

Next time take a picture of the place.
Old 3 November 2016, 11:07 PM   #48
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
But that's literally what the salesperson wanted.

I suggest your next plan of action is to arrive back at this AD tomorrow 10 minutes before closing time while wearing two large gold chains around your neck with a digital battery-powered alarm clock attached to them. Be sure that the time is set to the atomic time of Switzerland for critical effect. These can be purchased at a very good price from stores like Wal-mart.

On your wrist, adorn a paper cutout in the generic shape of a Submariner (make sure to cut out a hole for what seems to be the cyclops). Do NOT attempt to make cutouts on the corners representing chronograph pushers as that may mislead them into believing it is a Daytona.

Re-approach the sales lady who has so carelessly insulted your ancestry. Place a $5 Canadian bill in the nearest pocket of her suit jacket. Lean into her left ear (your right) slowly and whisper, "Cerachrome, cerachrome. May your nights be filled with Rolesor."

At this point, her body should be possessed by the ghost of Hans Waldorf. Ask again for the magazine. You should, without a doubt, receive at least one copy of it.
Someone please please please Sticky this under the "How to get anything Rolex related done"
Old 3 November 2016, 11:13 PM   #49
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
Walk in next week wearing a brand new Rolex you purchased elsewhere
Holding a copy of the Rolex magazine,,,you were given elsewhere

That Julia Roberts Richard Gere moment
Old 3 November 2016, 11:17 PM   #50
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Generally i tend to call the company's home office as the manager sometimes keeps it too internal and thus nothing may be solved. So please call Mayors home office and mention the three visits CALMLY. Leave emotion at the proverbial door and simply state the facts of the situation all three times.

Many of us have had good experiences in Mayors stores and thus it might be a specific location employee-wide situation that needs to be addressed. They are part of the Birks Group:

Company Contact:
Financial:
Pat Di Lillo
Vice President, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
1-514-397-2592
pdilillo@birksgroup.com

--------------

Mayors home office:

MAYORS CUSTOMER SERVICE
5870 N. HIATUS RD.
TAMARAC, FL 33321

1-800-4MAYORS
info@mayors.com
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 3 November 2016, 11:23 PM   #51
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
telling blatant lies is nasty, but not giving you a magazine I'm pretty sure is their prerogative.

I don't recall what your other two experiences are, so as an isolated incident I don't see how the act of one sales person is cause to condemn the entire AD, but I completely understand how the accumulation of bad experiences could send you running and sharing the negativity.

What were the other two incidents?
Old 3 November 2016, 11:35 PM   #52
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Generally i tend to call the company's home office as the manager sometimes keeps it too internal and thus nothing may be solved. So please call Mayors home office and mention the three visits CALMLY. Leave emotion at the proverbial door and simply state the facts of the situation all three times.
LOL, yes I'm sure the CFO is really going to care that an employee didn't give a magazine out.

Everyone acts as though this was so terrible, give me a break.

OP didn't get a magazine--boo hoo.

Also two sides to every story and would like to hear salespersons version.

And I wonder why many AD's get jaded towards people...geesshhh.
Old 3 November 2016, 11:38 PM   #53
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
All this over a free magazine?
Old 3 November 2016, 11:41 PM   #54
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
LOL, yes I'm sure the CFO is really going to care that an employee didn't give a magazine out.

Everyone acts as though this was so terrible, give me a break.

OP didn't get a magazine--boo hoo.

Also two sides to every story and would like to hear salespersons version.

And I wonder why many AD's get jaded towards people...geesshhh.
Well said...maybe they are saving the magazines for people who buy from their store? 3 supposedly "horrible, bad, NASTY" experiences...you have to wonder if OP is the problem.
Old 3 November 2016, 11:46 PM   #55
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Recommendation:

AD = window shopping
TRF Trusted Resellers = Where I buy

Don't have to put up arrogance and nonsense from the sales people who most of them know very little.

Edit: As far as the magazine, they are free, go back and just take one, don't ask.
Old 3 November 2016, 11:51 PM   #56
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Ahh, could be MY bias as i tend to get along GREAT with CFOs. Fair enough, my bad.

Old 4 November 2016, 12:27 AM   #57
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:

There is good sport in calling out poor treatment in the moment. You have nothing to lose.
Old 4 November 2016, 12:55 AM   #58
Speed
"TRF" Member

Had the same sales person waited on you before while you were browsing?

Not sure if you mentioned...but perhaps she suspected you were a lookliloo and was having none of it.
Old 4 November 2016, 01:01 AM   #59
davidsuffolk
"TRF" Member

If I was the CEO of this company I'd be pleased to get these comments as without knowledge they cannot improve?
Old 4 November 2016, 01:28 AM   #60
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
At this point, I would let it go and give that particular store a miss. Not worth dealing with them anyway if you had consistently bad experiences
Closed Thread