The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 November 2021, 02:40 PM   #31
Eppi
"TRF" Member

It's funny because sometimes it keeps that level of accuracy and sometimes is far off so probably as you are all saying is a matter of wearing habits.

Thanks to you all I'm getting a little bit more a peace of mind.

I'm still very weirded out by the fact noone seems to point out that for example "this thing or that thing is impossible to be faked". I mean there seems to be literally no way to tell 100% that a rolex is authentic by pointing at one thing.
Eppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 02:54 PM   #32
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller TT Jub
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmars View Post
Ok I see the pictures now. Definitely authentic. The +2 -2 is tested as a bare movement — Once the movement is installed in a case, shipped overseas, etc it’s possible that changes. Track the time over 2 weeks and average it out. If it’s under 6 seconds per day I would leave it be. If it’s more or if it bothers you just take it into an AD or RSC as another poster mentioned
Small correction here:
COSC is done movement only - then after casing the watch (fully assembled) Rolex does the Superlative Chronometer test.

The watch should under any circumstances not deviate from -2/+2 spd but I wouldn't bother either as long as it's consistent when worn half the day.

I also agree with giving yourself some time to settle in with the watch. However the watch supposedly did pass Rolex testing - so at some stage it did do -2/+2 - all of my Rolex watches so far (3) were in that range.

Cheers!

Source: Rolex.com
SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER
The green seal accompanying every Rolex watch is a symbol of its status as a Superlative Chronometer. This exclusive designation attests that it has successfully undergone a series of specific final controls by Rolex in its own laboratories according to its own criteria, in addition to the official COSC certification of its movement. This unique testing of the chronometric precision of the cased-up movement, as well as of the watch’s waterproofness, self-winding and power reserve, pushes back the boundaries of performance and makes Rolex the benchmark for excellence in mechanical watches. The green seal is coupled with a five-year guarantee which applies to all Rolex models.
Koolpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 03:32 PM   #33
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppi View Post
It's funny because sometimes it keeps that level of accuracy and sometimes is far off so probably as you are all saying is a matter of wearing habits.

I'm still very weirded out by the fact noone seems to point out that for example "this thing or that thing is impossible to be faked". I mean there seems to be literally no way to tell 100% that a rolex is authentic by pointing at one thing.
just take the watch to the RSC and specifically ask them to authenticate it and check if it runs properly. no one here can tell you your watch is 100% genuine, you are just wasting your time.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 04:29 PM   #34
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

I also would like to question:

Why don't you trust Zeitauktion? They are a trusted seller on chrono24 since 2012 - have sold many thousands of watches on that platform. They do check and authenticate watches as they would not to be caught dead selling a fake.

But @rambo99 is right - we cannot remote authenticate your watch.

If I were you - I would be quite content with the seller but if I had doubts - I would have it checked out at a Rolex AD.

Cheers.
Old 28 November 2021, 05:41 PM   #35
Eppi
"TRF" Member

Is not that I don't trust them I just wonder how they authenticate it.

So there is a way to authenticate it.

Also the ads in my area dont authenticate it as principle.
Only if I do a service on it but would be stupid considering is new.
Old 28 November 2021, 06:16 PM   #36
rambo99
Banned

Quote:

just take it to the RSC as I've already told you, tell them it's not as accurate as specified, it's free as it's under warranty. and they will authenticate your watch before fixing it.
Old 28 November 2021, 06:43 PM   #37
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes the way to authenticate is to have experience in handling authentic watches. There are specific aspects an experienced watch dealer can feel and see when handling a watch, that is very hard to fault.

I agree with Rambo99 here - complain about the accuracy the AD will have to take it in and authenticate it while doing so.

Cheers
Old 28 November 2021, 08:06 PM   #38
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
Yes the way to authenticate is to have experience in handling authentic watches. There are specific aspects an experienced watch dealer can feel and see when handling a watch, that is very hard to fault.

I agree with Rambo99 here - complain about the accuracy the AD will have to take it in and authenticate it while doing so.

Cheers
They may authenticate but it will cost to regulate it. For me regulation wasn't worth the price of being separated from my watch and having to pay the shipping cost. My watch was running 11 seconds fast per day (my first Rolex).

Quote:

Watch accuracy can depend on the amount of reserve it has. Make sure it's fully wound when testing.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 11:26 PM   #39
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
just take it to the RSC as I've already told you, tell them it's not as accurate as specified, it's free as it's under warranty. and they will authenticate your watch before fixing it.

^I think the OP needs to listen to this^

Despite all the posts here (from members with decades of ownership or Rolex watches) trying to re-assure you, I don't think you will be happy until Rolex confirm it's authentic.

Send it to RSC under warranty - as you say its not keeping time within spec and needs regulating.
They will open it up and regulate it, then send it back - all free of charge.

You will then have had the watch authenticated and also telling time within spec.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 11:33 PM   #40
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
They may authenticate but it will cost to regulate it. For me regulation wasn't worth the price of being separated from my watch and having to pay the shipping cost. My watch was running 11 seconds fast per day (my first Rolex).

Watch accuracy can depend on the amount of reserve it has. Make sure it's fully wound when testing.

Within the warranty period any regulation is free of charge as Rolex guarantees -2/+2 spd. As long as the watch is out of spec - they will fix it for free.
Old 28 November 2021, 11:41 PM   #41
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Welcome to the forum. If you are nervous at all about the watch, there are videos on YouTube you can Google that will give you pointers to tell if your watch is legit. I bought a TT Sub from Chrono24 last year and was a little nervous about it. There are always tells on the best of the non legit watches. The boxes and papers are also easy to spot what is legit and what isn’t! Relax and enjoy your purchase!!
Old 3 December 2021, 02:00 AM   #42
Eppi
"TRF" Member

There are news about the topic and I have a further question.
I bought a 10x magnifying lens to check the dial closely.
Everything is perfect outside one thing, the pivot that keeps the hands of minute seconds and hours.
The pivot is not the one of the oyster perpetual of this year which is flat and has a "dome like" form.
Mine has it simple, just a cylinder that comes out.

I have attached a picture of it.
Is it possible that is that different?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211202_165644.jpg (124.5 KB, 139 views)
Old 3 December 2021, 05:31 AM   #43
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Everything is perfect outside one thing, the pivot that keeps the hands of minute seconds and hours.
The pivot is not the one of the oyster perpetual of this year which is flat and has a "dome like" form.

take it to the RSC is the only way to go, trust me.
Old 3 December 2021, 08:03 AM   #44
Recondope
"TRF" Member

Quote:

As ramb099 said, the only way you're going to have any peace of mind is to take it to RSC. Other than that, you are going to continue wondering about its authenticity instead of enjoying wearing it. Good luck.
Recondope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 08:10 AM   #45
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah there is. Buy from an AD.

Do that next time.
drrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 08:15 AM   #46
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Relax & enjoy your new timepiece.

It's beautiful, you have nothing to worry about.

All this paranoia is going to spoil the experience.

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 08:31 AM   #47
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

Looks good at a glance. Wear it in good health.

I thought winding to full was >20 turns.

For timing runs ... please actually wear and use the watch as you would do normally for several days. Otherwise, even small degrees of operator error can affect the timing. An app called watchtracker works well for this purpose.

The watch has a March 2021 purchase date. Just take it into your local AD (preferably one with a good reputation) and tell them it's running out of spec and send it into the RSC.

Personally, one can do more damage being overly obsessive and over investigating. I can't tell you what to do. But I do suggest just enjoying a beautiful watch. The silver dial is the most elegant of the OP line with the touch of gold.
Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 10:52 PM   #48
Eppi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Yeah there is. Buy from an AD.

Do that next time.
Yeah if only was available I would have done it.
Unfortunately is impossible to find any rolexes.

I still am trying to find the answer whether or not it can have a different pivot or if that pivot is used by rolex.
Old 5 December 2021, 01:00 PM   #49
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Yeah if only was available I would have done it.
Unfortunately is impossible to find any rolexes.

I still am trying to find the answer whether or not it can have a different pivot or if that pivot is used by rolex.

Nice pickup! As others said above stop worrying and start enjoining it !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 10:35 PM   #50
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Within the warranty period any regulation is free of charge as Rolex guarantees -2/+2 spd. As long as the watch is out of spec - they will fix it for free.
Yes but shipping isn't free and the watch must be shipped and insured. That's a cost. Also a cost, imho, is the inconvenience of not having the watch.

Old 5 December 2021, 11:38 PM   #51
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes but shipping isn't free and the watch must be shipped and insured. That's a cost. Also a cost, imho, is the inconvenience of not having the watch.
Sorry - I didn't know you don't have an AD in your vicinity - I always just dropped it at the AD and they took care of everything.
Old 6 December 2021, 12:37 AM   #52
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sorry - I didn't know you don't have an AD in your vicinity - I always just dropped it at the AD and they took care of everything.
If you didn't buy through an AD then they may charge for shipping. Mine, at the time, was purchased on the secondary market. If you are daling directly with RSC then you will have shipping and insurance costs. I've two ADs I now have purchased from; I just don't like to let my watches go as even with insurance there is risk when shipping. One of my ADs does in house repairs as well. I'm looking at the cost for many.

Old 6 December 2021, 12:39 AM   #53
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you didn't buy through an AD then they may charge for shipping. Mine, at the time, was purchased on the secondary market. I've two ADs I now have purchased from; I just don't like to let my watches go as even with insurance there is risk when shipping. One of my ADs does in house repairs as well. I'm looking at the cost for many.

Mine wasn’t bought at my AD and they never charged me anything.
Old 6 December 2021, 12:40 AM   #54
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Mine wasn’t bought at my AD and they never charged me anything.
Additionally, there is risk in letting your watch go. What if it's lost in shipping? Even insured it might not be possible to get another in a hurry.

Old 6 December 2021, 12:44 AM   #55
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Additionally, there is risk in letting your watch go. What if it's lost in shipping? Even insured it might not be possible to get another in a hurry.

My AD runs the largest Rolex Boutique in the world. I am not concerned. They also run the local RSC. That’s why I might be spoiled.
Old 6 December 2021, 01:13 AM   #56
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My AD runs the largest Rolex Boutique in the world. I am not concerned. They also run the local RSC. That’s why I might be spoiled.
But what's true for you clearly isn't true for all the forum members. I too have reasonable access now but it hasn't always been the case. At any rate I tend to try to stay away as I don't need additional funds tied up in watches. It's way too tempting for me to buy anytime I go to the AD.

Old 23 December 2021, 02:11 AM   #57
Eppi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You definitely are... I m in 2 "waiting lists" since the beginning of the year... thats why I bought in the gray market.
Old 23 December 2021, 02:21 AM   #58
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Never download a zip file from somebody you don’t know.
Yep

OP - there is only one answer here that will put you 100% at ease
Send the watch to Rolex themselves, saying that it is running fast
Whether it is or it isn’t, doesn’t matter - if it’s fake in any way, they’ll tell you