The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2008, 10:31 AM   #31
Lol-x
Facilitator

Nice GMT Bwag

First and only Rolex might just be the first of many Enjoy!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 10:43 AM   #32
johnnybravo1210

Lets put it this way. Today I walked into my local ad in some ragedy khaki shorts and flip flops and they treat me like I am their only customer everytime I go in there. Then on the other hand I have been in business casual sporting a TT YM and have been treated like I couldnt even buy a Timex. So needless to say I have bought two Rolexes from my local AD and just wrote bad replies for those other shops
johnnybravo1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 10:49 AM   #33
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
People wear a Tux to their AD?
Old 26 March 2008, 11:08 AM   #34
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Leopard print thong and cowboy boots...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:12 AM   #35
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Leopard print thong and cowboy boots...
Oh......so you've seen Paul......

Sorry I stole your pic Dan.....Paul...well....you know......
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:17 AM   #36
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
I forgot to mention the bald cap and 70's vintage tinted aviator glasses...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:17 AM   #37
funlab
"TRF" Member

i don't even give a thought as to what i'm wearing when i get a watch. 99% of the time it's done with a phone call anyway.

if someone needs to see a suit on me in order to establish my credibility with them, they've got a problem.

i've shocked a few salespeople by walking in to look at a watch in some cargo shorts, chaco's and a t-shirt. they take a watch out of the case for me and lay it on the rolex mat. i take off my daytona or whatever i happen to be wearing and lay it next to whatever i'm trying on. usually the look i get is "confused" because the watch and the customer don't seem to be consistent. oh well!
funlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:20 AM   #38
Hamilton Carvalho
Banned

Some places you do have to be well dressed if you want to be treated with respect. Wempe, Saks 5th Avenue and Tiffany is one of those places. I don't have bad stories to tell myself since I'm always dressed in a suit, but I have friends who told me horrible stories. A friend of mine told me that he felt so humiliated the way he was treated at Wempe that he felt like crying. I felt so upset that I went to Wempe myself and made them waiste their time with me for almost 1 hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex_07 View Post
I'm just curious with the relationship with how people dress, and the customer service that you recieve in return.

Please note: Rolex is OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENT, and goes way above the call of duty as far as customer service goes.

However, have you ever noticed that if you're wearing a suit/tux, you are treated better than if you walk in with just a tee shirt and jeans?

Without getting too personal here, what type of outfit do you wear when going to an AD? And how were you treated?
Hamilton Carvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:25 AM   #39
Felly Jr.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona/GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Carvalho View Post
A friend of mine told me that he felt so humiliated the way he was treated at Wempe that he felt like crying.
I would have really enjoyed going in there and ROASTING the person that treated him that way. (see avatar)

I have an ultra low tolerance for bad customer service!
Felly Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:27 AM   #40
BiG JeEzY
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT I/EXP II/DJ
I usually wear a golf shirt/ polo with jeans when I go to an AD or shop. When its cold, I may wear a track jacket.

I never wear suits when I shop, cause I think its not necessary. Many people dress casual when they shop anyway, unless they have a formal dinner to go to or something.

I do wear a suit on special occasions/holidays. Like for example, when I went out to lunch on Easter last Sunday, I decided to wear a blazer and trousers.
-Vintage Longines Automatic La Grande Classique
-Vintage Seiko 6138 Automatic Chronograph with "Kakume" Dial
BiG JeEzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:28 AM   #41
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
I usually try to wear pants and brush away the green from my teeth.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:28 AM   #42
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felly Jr. View Post
I have an ultra low tolerance for bad customer service!
You?! Really?!

“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
Old 26 March 2008, 11:29 AM   #43
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
Wear a short sleeve shirt so that they can see you already own a Rolex. Then they kinda cling to you.
Thurnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:41 AM   #44
rescue7
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Jeans, sweat top, vest and work boots. Once I wore my bunker gear (firefighting turn-out gear) to the local jeweller that deals in preowned Rolexes, he found it rather amusing.
Then he offered me a reasonable amount for my SS Sub Date.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:43 AM   #45
exchange83
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5980r
I agree. I think AD salespeople can get a decent gauge on who is 'window shopping' and who is serious about buying. I walked in with sweats on and they treated me with a great deal of diligence. I think it also depends how you present yourself.
exchange83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 11:55 AM   #46
cocopeep
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 116234
like Exchange 83 said its how you present yourself that also matters, and I agree, especially when it comes to dealing with most of the schmucks at Tourneau NY. Some of them didnt know much about rolex, and if I didn't start talking, they would ignore me as if I was someone who is just wasting time (usually I am) but they are in business to sell watches (as with any other dealer) and the customer should come first.
cocopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 12:00 PM   #47
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
The most dressed-up I have been when visiting an AD is a dress shirt and slacks and that was either during lunch or after work. On the weekends, it's usually a t-shirt, cargo shorts and birkenstocks when it's warm. Then again, most of the time I'm window shopping so I don't need the attention.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 12:06 PM   #48
shoppy
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP and daytona
I buy most of mine wearing shorts, t shirt and flip flops, and the rest I have been wearing casual. I am not dressing up for any watch or AD.
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 12:08 PM   #49
timackerman
"TRF" Member

I am relatively young (22 years old) so when I walk into a nicer store, I usually don't get the time of day from the customer service reps, I will look around, but if no one even comes to ask me if I need help I will usually just walk out.

The stores that get my business are the ones that come up to me when they see me walking around and ask me if I need any help. It doesn't happen as frequently as it should, but when it does that store is guaranteed my business!

I usually dress pretty casually.
Old 26 March 2008, 12:18 PM   #50
Road Warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Any Rolex
I think a lot of it depends on how you present yourself. I'm sure they get a lot of yo-yo's in there asking stupid questions. I've always wear a Sub or GMT as my daily watch anyway & maybe that helps. I always seem to get good service @ whatever AD I go to. I've never had one act rude towards me that I can remember.
Old 26 March 2008, 12:26 PM   #51
Rolex_07
"TRF" Member

As far as the whole tux thing, maybe formal would have been a more appropriate word? So to reword my origional question: do you dress unformal, casual, or formal.

Also, do you think that the AD pays attention to the watch that you are wearing when you are shopping?
Rolex_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 12:27 PM   #52
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex_07 View Post
..................Also, do you think that the AD pays attention to the watch that you are wearing when you are shopping?
YES

Old 26 March 2008, 12:32 PM   #53
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

Golf shirt, shorts, flip flops (or sandals) and a Rollie.

Going to an AD , dress casual, you want to be comfortable before you shell out the big bucks.

And yes, they're quick to notice what's on your wrist.
Old 26 March 2008, 12:33 PM   #54
karmatp
"TRF" Member

I think it's more how you carry yourself than what you are wearing. I have never been in sales but I'm sure they form a "general impression" of a potential buyer. I wear shorts and a t-shirt every day and I have always been treated with respect when I have walked into a AD.
karmatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 12:44 PM   #55
Road Warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Any Rolex
Also, do you think that the AD pays attention to the watch that you are wearing when you are shopping?[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!
Old 26 March 2008, 01:05 PM   #56
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx77 View Post

Quick anecdote....richest guy I ever sold a car to a few years back came in w/ sweatpants and a ripped t-shirt........long story short, on the monthly income line of the credit app put 900,000............. like a dumb I said, "ooopps, looks like you got one extra zero or two here"....and in a very serious face he said "no I don't".... ........you just never know............
Why would he be making a credit app?
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 01:07 PM   #57
mickeydainish
Banned

Watch: Sub Date 16610
I recently walked into a AD in Brisbane wearing jeans an a t-shirt.... place had about five people inside.. all lookin in the windows.... 1 min later a salesman walked up to me and said, "So you are South African, from Durban, me too!" Like an idiot I said. "Yes. How did you know??" He starred at me blankly.. then pointed to my t-shirt... local rafting race in my town displayed all over... Doh....!!! Needless to say I was treated like a king after that, water for me and coffee for the missus, seated at the counter with 3 Rollies in front of me... all eager for some wrist time! I told him I would be back..... and I plan on keeping that promise!!! :-)
mickeydainish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 01:07 PM   #58
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Why would he be making a credit app?
Was buying a $130,000 car, was SOP to Test Drive that car.......

Old 26 March 2008, 01:10 PM   #59
ezmoney46

Watch: several
In my part of the world they don't care how you're dressed, they just want to know if you have the green in your wallet!
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 01:15 PM   #60
ezmoney46

Watch: several
I can tell you at Harley-Davidson, they are very customer service oriented. I'm in sales and travel somewhat. I've visited quite a few Harley dealerships and as soon as you walk in they have an employee greet you. And that's their job!
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote