The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 July 2014, 10:03 AM   #31
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Thank God for you guys. I really appreciate all the swift and informative responses. I've never sent anything registered mail so I expected the delivery date to be as stated, but all your comments and experience has given me some piece of mind.

I had no idea a package goes "underground" with registered mail. God willing this thing turns up soon. If I could buy you guys a cold beverage of your choice I would.
I'll keep you guys posted as late breaking news on my registered mail saga develops.

Have a great week everyone.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:07 AM   #32
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
I wouldn't sweat it Rashid. It takes time with USPS and tracking isn't the best but registered mail is as good as it gets come delivery time. All will work out my friend...Cheers,

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:10 AM   #33
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
A registered mail package I sent to RSC went off the radar for four days. It showed it was sitting where I dropped it off at, when in fact it was on it's way. Still took four days longer than they told me, and had terrible tracking information the whole trip.
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:27 AM   #34
theken
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Understand that Rolex ships many watches everyday via USPS.
They also insist upon using USPS Registered mail for shipping to them.
If they thought UPS/Fed Ex was more secure, I certainly think they would instruct you to use those carriers.
I personally use FedEx Priority Overnight because I like the assurance that the frequent updates provides while the package is enroute.
In the past, the RSC has returned watches to me via Fed Ex at my request using my Fed Ex account.
theken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:35 AM   #35
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Sad to hear, buddy. I really hope you can work this out. I had the same problem with EMS when I had to mail the invoice I had stamped at Schiphol airport to the 'trusted seller' in Amsterdam to get my VAT back, but EMS lost it. One week later they found it and delivered it but the guy refused to give me the VAT back. Anyway, I would do as Ken said and would wait a bit longer.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:39 AM   #36
Challenger Deep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
USPS has lost important documents for friends of mine such as social security papers, loan information and mortgages. I never trust them and if i do, i think that if there is insurance on parcel that makes the workers curious and they snoop...and perhaps lift/steal the item.

I ship UPS or FedEX. Never USPS except for bills(i don't mind loosing those.)

Best of luck mate.
"I need to establish my own limits. When i reach those limits, i am willing to overcome them and establish new ones. I do not know how far i can go. I have an understanding of wht i'm doing, but do not know how far it can take me."-Ayrton Senna.
Challenger Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 10:43 AM   #37
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I shipped a watch from
Boston to Philly registered 2 day fully insured. It took 6 days but it did get there :). They are slow the tracking sucks but it's secure. Don't sweat it just yet
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 01:24 PM   #38
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
That's terrible, I hope they find it.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 01:45 PM   #39
redwolfoz
"TRF" Member

Watch: MilgaussGV+PAM176
The mail system is a strange beast.

I've had two recent shipments from the US to Australia. I can track both via USPS and Australia Post. Sort of.

Shipment #1 shows it officially entering the USPS system 30 June in Minneapolis. It reached Australia 6 July and sat there according to the USPS tracker until being delivered today. Weirdly, the Australia Post tracker for the same article shows it in Estonia. WTF? Australia? Estonia? They both start with a vowel. I'm sure the countries are constantly being confused.

Shipment #2 entered USPS land via Seattle 9 July, hit Australia 14 July and arrived today. Likely would have been quicker without the weekend getting in the way.

I have no idea what was going on with Shipment #1. Has it been holidaying in Estonia for over a week before being redirected? Did it fall behind a filing cabinet in Australia?

While both shipments arrived today, none of the tracker info yet shows delivery.

I think my record for slow shipments is Florida to AU at nine weeks -- on more than one occasion. I can only assume a postal worker in Florida walks international packages across the country to LAX.

Sometimes you just have to wait.
redwolfoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2014, 08:23 PM   #40
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Everyone gave you sound advice as far as Registered Mail is concerned Rashid Tough to track but every employee that touches that box has to sign for it. Hang in there pal. I know it isn't easy
Old 15 July 2014, 08:30 PM   #41
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post

Either there is a flaw in their tracking system, it was misplaced, or someone stole it (I'm guessing at least one employee knew what it was, and may have entered the item in their computer system, where it could be accessed by another employee).
Unless the receiving employee packaged the box themselves, there's no way for anyone to know what's inside. They only are required to ask if there's anything liquid, perishable or fragile inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM View Post
I don't think thats an option with RSC...they want everything done via registered mail.....
Supposedly. If you read this there is a way to get it there overnight

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...=361180&page=7
Old 16 July 2014, 03:49 AM   #42
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

Took my watch 18 days to go from Midwest to Texas. Sometimes the process takes weeks and weeks. It'll show up, but that doesn't make it easier while you're sweating it out. Good luck!
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 03:55 AM   #43
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post

Supposedly. If you read this there is a way to get it there overnight

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...=361180&page=7
I find that very hard to believe because when I was shipping a watch to philly if it was insured for over 5k there were zero overnight options?

That could just be my terrible post office giving me mis-information though
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 03:55 AM   #44
never2late
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I sent some very critical documents via USPS certified, return signature requested mail a few months ago that their tracking showed out for deliver but never did show a final delivery on. I had to personally call the recipient to verify that they did indeed deliver the documents. I never did receive the return signature either.
Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Tudor Pelagos, (Blue).
never2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 04:28 AM   #45
77T

Help. I think USPS lost/stole my watch

The loss rate on Registered Mail is very low. Postal Inspectors aggressively prosecute thefts and the audit trail is plain easy for them to trace.

There are no guaranteed delivery dates so no way for OP to know what day it was supposed to be delivered. A carrier can refuse to deliver if the named recipient is not there to sign for it. I predict it will get there.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 04:48 AM   #46
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
I've shipped a few times using USPS registered mail (as well as received a few things) and like you guys said.. they can dissapear for a while.. but they do eventually show up. It can be a bit nerve wracking!
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 07:49 PM   #47
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
I find that very hard to believe because when I was shipping a watch to philly if it was insured for over 5k there were zero overnight options?

That could just be my terrible post office giving me mis-information though
They were correct. Overnight Mail or Express Mail as it's called is only insured to $5k. Anything more than that is Registered Mail

I guess I'm not the only one who would like to understand how to get a watch to RSC overnight.
Old 16 July 2014, 08:29 PM   #48
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperB View Post
If it hasn't shown that it was delivered, I think it'll turn up and you'll be fine. I have used Register mail and it's very slow but safe. Give it another week.
this ^^^^

Nothing to worry just yet, pretty sure it will show up.
joli160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 09:03 PM   #49
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Woah....Stop the clock...

Tracking doesn't work like usual with Registered mail

There will be a departure scan and an arrival scan...That's it.

Coast to coast USA can take over 2weeks or more. The package is handled entirely differently than regular USPS. It is signed for everytime it changes hands and kept in locked storage at every point along the way...

It is painfully slow, but extremely secure...
Yes. That seems to be the story........highly doubtful anyone "stole" your watch with registered mail. USPS story on registered mail seems to be "slow and steady wins the course." good luck!!
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 09:17 PM   #50
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetlord View Post
woah....stop the clock...

Tracking doesn't work like usual with registered mail

there will be a departure scan and an arrival scan...that's it.

Coast to coast usa can take over 2weeks or more. The package is handled entirely differently than regular usps. It is signed for everytime it changes hands and kept in locked storage at every point along the way...

It is painfully slow, but extremely secure...
x2
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 10:19 PM   #51
Roma315
"TRF" Member

Watch: The clock
Always insure
Always send registered or over night
Always pre-package/ pre-pay via online
Always bring it to your local main USPS if possible
Old 21 July 2014, 04:45 PM   #52
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Update:
Thank you all so much once again. Because of all your advice and experience I slept well while I waited for the watch to hopefully show up.

I am now happy to report that it finally showed up safe and sound last thursday. It has definitely been a memorable experience learning how registered mail works. Exactly as many of you stated, that it would show up and the nature of how registered mail works was 100% spot on. It does seem to just go underground while it moves through the mail system, however in a more secure manner it seems.
The watch is safe and sound and balance has been restored to the force.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe weekend.
Rashid
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 04:57 PM   #53
louis redfoot

Watch: datejust sodalite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Update:
Thank you all so much once again. Because of all your advice and experience I slept well while I waited for the watch to hopefully show up.

I am now happy to report that it finally showed up safe and sound last thursday. It has definitely been a memorable experience learning how registered mail works. Exactly as many of you stated, that it would show up and the nature of how registered mail works was 100% spot on. It does seem to just go underground while it moves through the mail system, however in a more secure manner it seems.

Rashid
hahaha, nice! way to jump the gun
louis redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 05:01 PM   #54
Rogdogg
2024 Pledge Member

Great news... I'm glad to hear that it all worked out for you in the end.
it's great to have such a wealth of experience to call on in times of trouble. I don't think there is anything you could ask here that hasn't already been experienced by multiple members on multiple occasions.
Rogdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 08:06 PM   #55
mailman

Quote:
Update:

Rashid
Glad to hear it arrived safely Rashid
Old 21 July 2014, 08:18 PM   #56
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Glad to hear it arrived safely Rashid
Did you have any doubts Paulie?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 08:27 PM   #57
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Great news
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 09:07 PM   #58
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Did you have any doubts Paulie?
Old 22 July 2014, 12:01 AM   #59
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a better weekend than me. My favorite team lost(boo-hoo) and then I discover this morning that a watch I shipped has gone missing.
I shipped a watch via registered mail insured for $8k and should've arrived last Weds. I went in today and all their tracking shows is that it was scanned in and departed their sorting facility in route to destination. Nothing else. It never arrived any where.

There answer is wait a couple days more and if not file a claim "online!", really, that's it. It seems they can just steal people's stuff and then make them file claims. I feel very helpless. Any advice.

Should I get a lawyer.
Anyone have any experience dealing with USPS claims.

Thanks for any advice.
I've had a claim experience with USPS. Same thing happened to me, the watch was out for delivery and never made it there. I had to file a claim, and it was a absolute nightmare! I went through all the procedures, sent a copy of the receipt, sent multiple pictures of the watch, did everything by the book. Sent in the claim, and it was denied! With the denial, it said you can submit a claim a second time. This time I went to my local USPS, explained my problem, and had a very nice person help me with the claim. She said everything I did on the first one was above and beyond what I needed to do to prove my claim. She was baffled as to why the claim was denied. So we sent the second claim, a few weeks passed and I received another denial in the mail. I was freaking out, I thought this is it, I'm going to lose the watch and not recover any money. Again at the bottom of the denial letter, it said you could file a third and final time. I went to the USPS and had the same person help me, we did nothing different from the first two times. She was completely at a loss for words on why there was a second denial. She was also embarrassed for the USPS, she apologized several times. So we sent the third claim off, weeks go by, I receive response from the office of the Post Master General. They give me this huge long story, about how I'm lucky they are going to allow this refund, this time only. I was actually more pissed off about their response. I did everything by the book, when mailing the watch and covered all my bases with the proper amount of insurance. Then the make me jump through all these hoops, to get my claim processed. I feel they automatically decline your claim, in hopes you will just give up. Anyway, it took several months, but I did get my money back. Sorry for the long rant.....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2014, 12:03 AM   #60
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
I answered before I read the whole thread, glad it made it there. But my story, should be heard...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote