The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 August 2016, 11:30 AM   #31
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I would highly reccomend checking out bobs watches.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 11:35 AM   #32
Mfrankel2
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43,d-Blue, 16710
Another vote for trusted selers here. I've personaly bought crom both David and Sohail/Sohais and had much better experiences than my AD purchases. Pm either of them or any of the ones previously mentioned and feel comfortable that if they sell you "like new" watch that it truly will be "like new"
Mfrankel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 11:42 AM   #33
TripleB Boston
Banned

Watch: GMTII Blue/Red
Welcome Amy. You're in the right place.

I bought from David SW a few months ago and he was a pleasure to deal with.
Since you are not looking for the ceramic bezel Daytona, you may have some luck finding them at the authorized dealers in your area.
They always seem to hold on to their Daytonas for their best and repeat customers so you may get the "We don't get many Daytonas...or We can put your name on the list."
That's when I go David's website:
http://davidsw.com
or the for sale section here.
http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Either way, it's a much quicker way to get a Daytona than an Authorized Dealer.

Welcome and happy hunting.
TripleB Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 12:03 PM   #34
Ragna
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Amy View Post
[. . .] How they could discontinue that one is beyond me. I think it is leaps and bounds more beautiful than the new ceramic version [...]
Fire in the hole ! Everybody duck !
Ragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 02:49 PM   #35
clb521
"TRF" Member

Keep your eye on the classified. Whatever you do don't settle for anything less than the exact one you want. If white dial is the one dont settle for black. It may take longer but you'll be happier in the end.

You picked the most sought after Rolex out there but it is a beautiful model. I have a TT white MOP dial with diamonds and it is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
clb521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 03:00 PM   #36
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

There are plenty available...

http://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116520&brand=rolex
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 03:29 PM   #37
Jareddad
"TRF" Member

Good luck on your search. My wife has a white Daytona and she loves it! You'll be very happy. Excellent choice.

You may find one at many of the great sellers here on TRF. DavidSW, Takuya, etc. Check the classifieds here on TRF. Most of the ADs won't have 116520 in stock since it's now old stock. And the new Daytona C 116500 will be very hard to get from an AD. Best bet is to buy from reseller.

Good luck!
Jareddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 03:42 PM   #38
pa30crewchief
"TRF" Member

116520 SS white dial Daytonas in pristine condition are available. I bought one for the better half from watches24seven via their posting here on the Rolex FS forum.

Its one of the most unisex watches in the Rolex range and wears well on any wrist.(Older GMTs are also versatile this way). If I can pry it away I may get a chance to wear it, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pa30crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2016, 04:35 AM   #39
Atlanta-Amy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
So I had occasion to go back to Lenox Square yesterday. While I was there I thought I would pop back into mayors and see if that same sales lady was there. Sure enough! I'm not sure if she remembered me but she came right up to me and asked if she could help me.
I had my hand up on the case as I was looking at the Rolexes they had. She looked right at my Daytona and then back up at me. I said "No thanks. Just checking out your inventory."

Then walked out.
Atlanta-Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2016, 04:43 AM   #40
ajn3323
"TRF" Member

Amy I just read this for the first time. sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed mayors. I personally don't often enjoy browsing in most high end stores AD or otherwise. But I will say this. I bought my BLNR from Gabe at the same Lenox square store and he's been awesome. I'd be happy to introduce you if you're willing to give it another shot. Also he got me the BLNR in about a month which can be hard to do in some markets. I have no allegiance to any store and have also bought from DavidSW and a few others. Happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ajn3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2016, 05:20 AM   #41
Atlanta-Amy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Thank you so much for the offer. I need up getting one from DavidSW and it was smooth transaction. So, for now I am all set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn3323 View Post
Amy I just read this for the first time. sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed mayors. I personally don't often enjoy browsing in most high end stores AD or otherwise. But I will say this. I bought my BLNR from Gabe at the same Lenox square store and he's been awesome. I'd be happy to introduce you if you're willing to give it another shot. Also he got me the BLNR in about a month which can be hard to do in some markets. I have no allegiance to any store and have also bought from DavidSW and a few others. Happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta-Amy is offline   Reply With Quote