The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 26 March 2019, 08:47 AM   #31
zaphod777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaroush View Post
DavidSW has a great reputation here. I recently had a so so experience with him. I bought a watch that he had advertised as "balance of the remaining manufacturers warranty". When the watch arrived, the original purchase receipt and warranty card clearly showed the watch had been out of warranty for over 3 years. In fact, the watch was overdue for a service per the manufacturer recommendation. Huge difference. Some of the online photos of the watch were quite misleading as to the condition of the watch. Camera angles were hiding wear locations. DavidSW said the warranty language was a mistake. To his credit, he took the watch back and promptly refunded all my money. I assume it was an honest mistake, but not a small one and I wasted a bunch of time on an aborted transaction. It annoys me that many of these "trusted sellers" don't directly include the purchase date in their advertising when it's right on the paperwork they possess.

I haven't purchased from DavidSW but I've been looking at his site lately, most of them now say the date on the warranty card. I can't say for the pictures though.
zaphod777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:56 AM   #32
reddog4063
"TRF" Member

I bought from davidsw 3 months ago, answered all emails right away. When i needed a pdf copy of my receipt for insurance he got it asap. Only grey I would purchase from.

**Please note, all of my posts are meant to spark discussion to make the board fun. I do not need advice and consent, I am having fun here**
reddog4063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:28 AM   #33
Racingwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR
David is legit - shipped super fast, warranty card was filled out with my name on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racingwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:28 AM   #34
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
Curious. Why would a watch with a warranty card from a non-USA authorized dealer be of concern? I imagine some may come this way with XXX on the name.
Because the NY RSC are picky jerks.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:33 AM   #35
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualplane View Post
I can get 3 watches from a trusted seller vs 2 watches from an ad at the same price. That's why
That would depend on the watch, wouldn’t it? You could get two Daytonas for what he asks for one.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:54 AM   #36
jimbones43
"TRF" Member

David is not a “corner lot”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Why buy from the corner lot if you can buy from the authorized dealer...?
Many will agree
jimbones43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:59 AM   #37
mudd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I bought my 4th watch from him a few minutes ago and it will be here by 10:30am tomorrow. The guy is 100%.
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:01 AM   #38
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citysurfer1 View Post
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, but I was hoping for some feedback and information for peace of mind.

I have never purchased from a non-AD before, but everyone recommends DavidSW.

The new watches purchased from him are supposed to have full set with my name on the warranty card etc.

I'm just confused how this happens and how Rolex will honor this warranty if it is not from one of their authorized sellers??

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find anything directly addressing this.

Each deal stands on its own merit. If David states in the advert, “your name on card” then I’m certain that will happen. If the ad states “blank card” it will be so. If the ad is silent on this point then you’ll have someone else’s name on the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:02 AM   #39
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Apparently David SW has an impeccable reputation. In fact I would feel more comfortable buying from someone like him than a random AD.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:05 AM   #40
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
DavidSW or Justrolexes-Tony Geha. You can never go wrong with either of them.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:06 AM   #41
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Davidsw is top notch. I couldn’t say better things about him. I am
Expecting my 3rd watch from him tomorrow by 10:30am like clock work packaged perfect
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:08 AM   #42
codester
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy and others
I’ve done five seals with him all flawless. If you gave questions just ask him. Top notch seller.
codester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:08 AM   #43
codester
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy and others
deals not seals :)
codester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:09 AM   #44
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Apparently David SW has an impeccable reputation. In fact I would feel more comfortable buying from someone like him than a random AD.
Dan, who works with David lives down the street from me in Orlando. I’ve known him for a long time. David too. Any more I walk down to Dans and we exchange packages. 100% trust.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:11 AM   #45
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I've had the pleasure of dealing with David twice.

Both were smooth transactions with flawless communication. I can't say enough good things about him.

Since the PAM was preowned it has someone else's name on the warranty, but warranty follow the watch so no worries.

The Submariner was a completely lucky fluke ... it came with warranty card in my name

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:38 AM   #46
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I doubt watches from DavidSW will come with your name on card. Where did you get that info?

Only one way to get your name on card - at least officially, is to buy from AD. You may get a blank card, but I would then worry that it was not activated by an AD, which means you get no warranty.

I have to add Tony (JustRolexes) to your gray dealer list to consider. I have done a lot of deals with him (like 10 transactions) and there is NO ONE BETTER. You will find his watches here in the sales section. He also has his own website and will meet face to face in SoCal.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:40 AM   #47
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I doubt watches from DavidSW will come with your name on card. Where did you get that info?

Only one way to get your name on card - at least officially, is to buy from AD. You may get a blank card, but I would then worry that it was not activated by an AD, which means you get no warranty.

I have to add Tony (JustRolexes) to your gray dealer list to consider. I have done a lot of deals with him (like 10 transactions) and there is NO ONE BETTER. You will find his watches here in the sales section. He also has his own website and will meet face to face in SoCal.

Mine did
Old 26 March 2019, 10:43 AM   #48
horntiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
I bought a Tudor From DavidSW that arrives tomorrow. Unworn. 33% off MSRP. No other Grey came close to the price.
horntiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 11:22 AM   #49
frankfrazetta
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Explorer II
Two deals with DAVIDSW. Honest. Fast. No nonsense. You deal fairly with him and strike a deal and the watch you get will be exactly as specified.
frankfrazetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 12:13 PM   #50
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklink View Post
Sorry, might seem like a dumb question but is it possible to negotiate with DavidSW?
I have each day, but I am local and show up with 100's. Saves on cc fees, shipping, etc.
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 12:14 PM   #51
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Dan, who works with David lives down the street from me in Orlando. I’ve known him for a long time. David too. Any more I walk down to Dans and we exchange packages. 100% trust.
Both great guys and I have grown to like Jose very much as well.
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 12:29 PM   #52
Late
"TRF" Member

Watch: space too short
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbones43 View Post
Many will agree
Many believe in UFOs. Don't encourage the clueless troll.

I purchased from DavidSW. Why? Availability. Cost was of secondary importance; I knew what I wanted, and it's not easy to get. (And it isn't a dive watch, even though I dive.)
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 05:28 PM   #53
Trepang
"TRF" Member

I bought a Submariner this January from David.

No drama - exactly as described - painless transaction.

Although the watch still had all the protective stickers on it and had clearly never been worn, the card had someones name on it (handwritten and dated December 2018) and the card had been swiped (activated) in the Dominican Republic.
Trepang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 07:12 PM   #54
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
Mine did
I had one that from him that had my name on it also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post

See above
Old 29 March 2019, 01:57 PM   #55
mitch57
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepang View Post
I bought a Submariner this January from David.

No drama - exactly as described - painless transaction.

Although the watch still had all the protective stickers on it and had clearly never been worn, the card had someones name on it (handwritten and dated December 2018) and the card had been swiped (activated) in the Dominican Republic.
How do you know the card had been "swiped (activated) in the Dominican Republic?

Are you saying that if it has the ADs stamp/name on the card it's been "swiped and activated or is there some other indicator that proves that it's been swiped/activated?
mitch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 08:50 PM   #56
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
I picked up a full set fully stickered BNIB Bluesy from David in January. Was from a Canadian AD and had someone elses name on the card. So it wont always be in your name (think flippers or AD not wanting to be identified selling to same person).

I'm not worried about it being from out of the country but if you have a choice I would get a US AD if possible. David is very approachable and you can call him and talk with him and tell him what you would want. If your want list is long there may be some lag time but he will come through with some patience if it isnt in stock.

I have a half dozen trades/purchases with David the last 7 years and they have all been flawless! He is rock solid.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 08:54 PM   #57
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
How do you know the card had been "swiped (activated) in the Dominican Republic?

Are you saying that if it has the ADs stamp/name on the card it's been "swiped and activated or is there some other indicator that proves that it's been swiped/activated?
You really dont know its been swiped unless you bought it from a AD yourself. I would also assume that some may not be with AD's not wanting Rolex to know where there going if they are back doored to resellers. However David will stand behind the watches and if Rolex doesnt make good he does.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote