The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 23 January 2012, 07:13 PM   #31
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Should rephrase the question to: "what would you expect to pay for this watch from a jeweler".
RPMcKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2012, 07:16 PM   #32
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMcKenna View Post
To be fair to myself and to others, what would you expect the price to be?
I know what I would have paid for it but since I didn't it's not really that important.

I just asked a simple question but if you feel it's a private matter then so be it.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2012, 08:09 PM   #33
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monbk View Post
i know what i would have paid for it but since i didn't it's not really that important.

I just asked a simple question but if you feel it's a private matter then so be it.
:), +1

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2012, 03:23 AM   #34
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I know what I would have paid for it but since I didn't it's not really that important.

Weirdest thing that I am feeling from this question is that Authenticity does not matter so long as you paid a lot of money, and yes I paid a good amount of money for this watch and should not have to be thinking about the legalities involved for fraudulent activity (read the thread, IT WAS PURCHASED FROM A JEWELER...). If you can not trust even a jeweler, who can you trust.!? Not in the wrong here remember, and I do not feel that this is a question that is fairly being asked considering the circumstances and evidence that are being brought to the table. It is inappropriate.

This is why I do not mind too much with showing you what and who I am and what my findings are and have been with this watch so that you too may also learn. Too expensive to be a "lesson" and nothing less than a valuable teaching. This is not a game for "kids" to be getting involved with and I do not recommend or advise kids and children to become involved with any of this unless they are ready to see the "civilized" world for what it is and not what we would like to pretend it is. There are too many nasty people that are involved that will forever change their life and outlook on life and people for it to be worth their while but at the same token it may also be one of their most valuable lessons (ever).

ROLEX is not an easy market to be introduced to. Lessons are being learned and have been learned. Take into consideration that most "ROLEX" genuine products that are out there being advertised are fake. KEEP LOOKING and you will see what it's all about (no shortage of scum bags, that's for sure). If there is doubt, there is usually reason for it. Just look at what I have been through already and you will see this is a difficult market yet not impossible to get through. If I was looking for a fake to fool people with I would have spent the $200 and got a fake or a $1,000 and got a "really good fake". Load of crap is all I have to say about that (scum bags)... They give the market and people in general a really bad name.

On a side note, just received the timegrapher (8:45am (wow, earlier than usual)) and it looks to be in good condition but they sent me the U.K. adapter instead of the North American (Canada/USA) adapter plug style which is required haha! Pretty awesome eh!? Always something to be really excited about... Worst case scenario is they send me out a new adapter (will take a month or two to be received if they send it via regular parcil from china(more than likely)) and in the meantime I make a new cable within the hour and have this machine up and running "in no time" (no I will not kill myself doing this, I am a highly skilled technician).

At this point, if I had the money, I would just go to ROLEX Canada and purchase a brand new Datejust because I too am tired of all of the BS.
If you doubt what is being "told" to you when making your first second hand ROLEX purchase than you are likely in the right frame of mind. Most of our instincts serve us well but most of the time we do not listen to them. Advice after the fact never helps to make things better (I already know) and no, not much surprises me anymore.

If I told you how I really felt, I would likely get banned from this site (don't ask like you do not already know)...

With the amount of information that I have obtained over the last couple of months I have been well informed and educated. Like everything else in life, it takes time to learn if you care enough to know the truth and facts of the matter before you spew off "facts" from the top of your head.

My staking set has just arrived (10am from another delivery person) as well so I will now be able to perform additional tasks and jobs with much greater ease. Still tired I guess, maybe time for a nap.

Anyway, hope you are having a good read and are learning something.
Old 24 January 2012, 03:33 AM   #35
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

So now that all of this has happened, I have a "mostly real" ROLEX hahaha! At least the head and movement are real and the bracelet less the clasp.

Some things in life can be really frustrating because in the back of your mind, you will always know better than someone who does not care to know.
Old 24 January 2012, 03:36 AM   #36
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Weirdest thing that I am feeling from this question is that Authenticity does not matter so long as you paid a lot of money, and yes I paid a good amount of money for this watch and should not have to be thinking about the legalities involved for fraudulent activity (read the thread, IT WAS PURCHASED FROM A JEWELER...). If you can not trust even a jeweler, who can you trust.!? Not in the wrong here remember, and I do not feel that this is a question that is fairly being asked considering the circumstances and evidence that are being brought to the table. It is inappropriate.

This is why I do not mind too much with showing you what and who I am and what my findings are and have been with this watch so that you too may also learn. Too expensive to be a "lesson" and nothing less than a valuable teaching. This is not a game for "kids" to be getting involved with and I do not recommend or advise kids and children to become involved with any of this unless they are ready to see the "civilized" world for what it is and not what we would like to pretend it is. There are too many nasty people that are involved that will forever change their life and outlook on life and people for it to be worth their while but at the same token it may also be one of their most valuable lessons (ever).

ROLEX is not an easy market to be introduced to. Lessons are being learned and have been learned. Take into consideration that most "ROLEX" genuine products that are out there being advertised are fake. KEEP LOOKING and you will see what it's all about (no shortage of scum bags, that's for sure). If there is doubt, there is usually reason for it. Just look at what I have been through already and you will see this is a difficult market yet not impossible to get through. If I was looking for a fake to fool people with I would have spent the $200 and got a fake or a $1,000 and got a "really good fake". Load of crap is all I have to say about that (scum bags)... They give the market and people in general a really bad name.

On a side note, just received the timegrapher (8:45am (wow, earlier than usual)) and it looks to be in good condition but they sent me the U.K. adapter instead of the North American (Canada/USA) adapter plug style which is required haha! Pretty awesome eh!? Always something to be really excited about... Worst case scenario is they send me out a new adapter (will take a month or two to be received if they send it via regular parcil from china(more than likely)) and in the meantime I make a new cable within the hour and have this machine up and running "in no time" (no I will not kill myself doing this, I am a highly skilled technician).

At this point, if I had the money, I would just go to ROLEX Canada and purchase a brand new Datejust because I too am tired of all of the BS.
If you doubt what is being "told" to you when making your first second hand ROLEX purchase than you are likely in the right frame of mind. Most of our instincts serve us well but most of the time we do not listen to them. Advice after the fact never helps to make things better (I already know) and no, not much surprises me anymore.

If I told you how I really felt, I would likely get banned from this site (don't ask like you do not already know)...

With the amount of information that I have obtained over the last couple of months I have been well informed and educated. Like everything else in life, it takes time to learn if you care enough to know the truth and facts of the matter before you spew off "facts" from the top of your head.

My staking set has just arrived (10am from another delivery person) as well so I will now be able to perform additional tasks and jobs with much greater ease. Still tired I guess, maybe time for a nap.

Anyway, hope you are having a good read and are learning something.
If you are still unhappy, you should just take up the full refund like the jeweler offered. A nice 6694 shouldn't be to hard to find, personally I would have just asked for my money back and looked for a better example.
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2012, 04:03 AM   #37
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
If you are still unhappy, you should just take up the full refund like the jeweler offered. A nice 6694 shouldn't be to hard to find, personally I would have just asked for my money back and looked for a better example.
It is not that I am totally unsatisfied with the purchase, I just do not like how it all unfolded. He did good work bringing the watch movement to specifications but it was not advertised as it should have been.

It would cost another $84 and change to ship it back and I already have enough time and money into it if I decided to sell it to hit a break even point. There were other "deals" that I was looking into at the time of purchase but were from private sellers and was advised to make the purchase for a ROLEX from a jeweler if I decided to purchase one for peace of mind. This is what it has all led to and this is why I am sharing the experience with you. If I was to make another purchase it would be a DATEJUST and not another 6694. Let's put it this way, I have more money invested into new tools over the past month than this watch.

Call it what you want, make a quick judgement but it does not mean you are right.

This was being duped into thinking it was something it is not and that is the bottom line. Can almost guarantee that the Jeweler did not reference the links as he already knew the deal and let's put it this way, if you were me knowing what I know and knowing there is a better chance than none that the jeweler will try to pull a fast one on someone else like he did to me what would you do? Look out for someone else or just pass the buck and hold a blind eye to it and watch willingly as someone else takes the fall or holds false pride in their purchase?
Old 24 January 2012, 04:19 AM   #38
xhype
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II 16710
Can anyone tell me what number is the movement and its name?? I have the same case but in gold looking for the movement
xhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2012, 04:23 AM   #39
Rjwareagle

Watch: 116660 and more
1225? i guess it depends on the year
Rjwareagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2012, 04:25 AM   #40
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

If I bring this watch to ROLEX and have them authenticate it and they deem it not 100% genuine they will revoke the jewelers license and will likely face charges of fraud and be further investigated.

This is not a game to me. Well aware of the consequences and I do not like being messed around with. Jeweler is being a dick and he thinks I am bluffing. One step away from getting the ball in motion and I am sure ROLEX will back me up in this if that what it comes down to. Who did this to who anyway?

If you are going to advertise something as 100% authentic and genuine than it better be 100% authentic and genuine. Had I been told that the clasp was not real and it was missing screws and not keeping proper time I would be in a different mindset but this is how they chose to conduct their business. Mistakes happen and I can accept that but he is putting himself on the podium as being the high and mighty and all knowing jeweler and me an unknowing and unsuspecting average consumer who does not know any better and to quote him "Stop trying to find what is wrong with the watch". This is a HUGE RED FLAG.

This transaction has caused me time and money, worry and heartache and I will not be receiving any of that back in return and now face additional time and money to have all of this come to resolution.
Old 24 January 2012, 04:27 AM   #41
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjwareagle View Post
1225? i guess it depends on the year
Yes, this is a 1225 movement.
Old 24 January 2012, 04:37 AM   #42
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
If I bring this watch to ROLEX and have them authenticate it and they deem it not 100% genuine they will revoke the jewelers license and will likely face charges of fraud and be further investigated.

This is not a game to me. Well aware of the consequences and I do not like being messed around with. Jeweler is being a dick and he thinks I am bluffing. One step away from getting the ball in motion and I am sure ROLEX will back me up in this if that what it comes down to. Who did this to who anyway?

If you are going to advertise something as 100% authentic and genuine than it better be 100% authentic and genuine. Had I been told that the clasp was not real and it was missing screws and not keeping proper time I would be in a different mindset but this is how they chose to conduct their business. Mistakes happen and I can accept that but he is putting himself on the podium as being the high and mighty and all knowing jeweler and me an unknowing and unsuspecting average consumer who does not know any better and to quote him "Stop trying to find what is wrong with the watch". This is a HUGE RED FLAG.

This transaction has caused me time and money, worry and heartache and I will not be receiving any of that back in return and now face additional time and money to have all of this come to resolution.
So the jeweler is a Rolex AD?
Old 24 January 2012, 04:47 AM   #43
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So the jeweler is a Rolex AD?
So he says.
Old 24 January 2012, 04:53 AM   #44
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
So he says.
Well, then the first step would be to find out if he really is an AD.
Old 24 January 2012, 05:10 AM   #45
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, then the first step would be to find out if he really is an AD.
Looking into it.
Old 24 January 2012, 05:16 AM   #46
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

He is ROLEX authorized.
Old 24 January 2012, 12:56 PM   #47
sherwin
"TRF" Member

for total peace of mind, take it to a rolex service centre, and have it authenticated. its not expensive for total peace of mind. should be ~$100.

if its not 100% original, take up the jeweller's offer of a full refund, and have him reimburse you for the authentication fee. once you have your money, move on and wait for the watch to come to you.
Old 24 January 2012, 02:38 PM   #48
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwin View Post
for total peace of mind, take it to a rolex service centre, and have it authenticated. its not expensive for total peace of mind. should be ~$100.

if its not 100% original, take up the jeweller's offer of a full refund, and have him reimburse you for the authentication fee. once you have your money, move on and wait for the watch to come to you.
Will be bringing it to ROLEX Canada HQ here in Toronto tomorrow to have a service estimate performed on it and should not cost any money and if I am not mistaken. They should provide a part list of what will be required to bring it back to authentic status. For sure I know 2 of the screws that were missing that needed to be added when I last sent it back to him are not matching, did not remove them to check the threads. Removed the cover the first day and seen it right away.

Should take a couple of days or so for ROLEX to have it back in my hands. Will be posting the results when I return with the document. If it is going to leave a very bad taste in my mouth I will be expecting a full refund including the three shipping charges that I had to spend to first get it here and send it back twice.

Something tells me it is not going to be good.
Old 24 January 2012, 02:42 PM   #49
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Will be bringing it to ROLEX Canada HQ here in Toronto tomorrow to have a service estimate performed on it and should not cost any money and if I am not mistaken. They should provide a part list of what will be required to bring it back to authentic status. For sure I know 2 of the screws that were missing that needed to be added when I last sent it back to him are not matching, did not remove them to check the threads. Removed the cover the first day and seen it right away.

Should take a couple of days or so for ROLEX to have it back in my hands. Will be posting the results when I return with the document. If it is going to leave a very bad taste in my mouth I will be expecting a full refund including the three shipping charges that I had to spend to first get it here and send it back twice.

Something tells me it is not going to be good.
Sure sounds a great idea getting a service estimate from the horse's mouth(RSC) to judge if anything is amiss! As I previously said, hope this is all resolved at the earliest so that you get to enjoy this beauty!

Old 24 January 2012, 02:44 PM   #50
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Sure sounds a great idea getting a service estimate from the horse's mouth(RSC) to judge if anything is amiss! As I previously said, hope this is all resolved at the earliest so that you get to enjoy this beauty!
Here's hoping!

Thanks for the support everyone
Old 25 January 2012, 01:57 PM   #51
Jimmytsai531122
"TRF" Member

Beautiful piece
Jimmytsai531122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 03:41 PM   #52
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Time to face the facts. No more guessing games in regards this watch.

Tell me what you think about this.
Old 25 January 2012, 04:13 PM   #53
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Whew, so what they are saying if am understanding correctly is that the dial is not original to the watch. The dented crown and tube is not good either and the gaskets and crystal needs replacement. Plus the watch hasn't had a proper service and no waterproofing as it was supposed to. Sorry to hear that since the watch looks beautiful but I would return the watch for a refund since although you could still set the rest right, the replaced dial is a BIG deal breaker. Looks like the bracelet clasp you had doubts about is original since they didn't say anything about it besides that it is worn and needs replacement which is bad anyways. I think judging by that letter from Rolex, you have a dishonest seller there, a Rolex authorized guy at that who should have known better, run quick and get your money back!

Edit: Also note chicfarmer1's observation on the watch,somethings fishy though it could just have been someone copying the ad details, well spotted chicfarmer1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicfarmer1 View Post
Interestingly, the description you post matches almost verbatim a watch sold on eBay in October, from a Malaysian seller, but with a different dial.

This is the eBay listing number (I think I'm not supposed to eBay link here, not sure): 280759343882

The text is different only in saying that the dial was refinished, whereas yours says it is not, and a tiny edit on the color of the dial.

Coincidence, eh?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....9343882&_rdc=1

Old 25 January 2012, 05:49 PM   #54
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whew, so what they are saying if am understanding correctly is that the dial is not original to the watch. The dented crown and tube is not good either and the gaskets and crystal needs replacement. Plus the watch hasn't had a proper service and no waterproofing. Sorry to hear that since the watch looks beautiful but I would return the watch for a refund since although you could still set the rest right, the replaced dial is a BIG deal breaker. Looks like the bracelet clasp you had doubts about is original since they didn't say anything about it besides that it is worn and needs replacement which is bad anyways. I think judging by that letter from Rolex, you have a dishonest seller there, a Rolex authorized guy at that who should have known better!
Dial is genuine as per my conversation with ROLEX representative. It was an option in the 60's-early 80's that is no longer an option and ROLEX no longer carries, manufactures or offers it as a service part in this color. They only gave the option to have it "upgraded" to what they say is matching to the case style. They told me that the reason why this was not matching this watch is because the markers are gold tone and the case is silver, hence it's current combination being genuine custom ordered part that was purchased through ROLEX by a jeweler back in the day. ROLEX is up-selling and most companies do this. Offer them something they do not need. Trust me, it read it the same way and it caught me off guard and I gained confirmation. If I have it serviced by them it will only get back into my hands if the part is genuine. Their standards have changed over the years and that's all they were offering me for the dial is to bring it to modern specification standards, but if the blue dial was an option when the watch was originally purchased then I would keep it this way.

They made note that the finish this watch currently has is considered "high luster" and there is the option to keep it that way or have is finished to original appearance at no additional charge and being part of the service as indicated on page one of the service quote. They quoted me $200.00 +tax if I just wanted to have the watch re-finished and no other work performed.

Clasp, contrary to information that I had found on the other TRF forums from other more seasoned members as being a fake is also genuine.

Entire watch is genuine as per their findings even when I had pointed out to ROLEX that there was a lack of numbers on the clasp link which was my major concern. Suppose they were not overly concerned about the screws being what they were either but are likely categorized in the parts that would be replaced if it is serviced.

Finding that out was at least somewhat settling, all of the other stuff was not.

Here's where it now gets interesting. Will need to obtain the jeweler's ROLEX technician identification and as long as the guy has registered when the work was performed on the watch in Israel and it is still under the warranty period from when he claims to have done the work about two months ago I will be eligible to have the watch repaired here in Canada at ROLEX at no additional charge.

It is a 50/50 that it is all going to come together as I am hoping, but if it does this will be very rewarding to have ROLEX themselves perform the work at no extra cost. Though it is a shame that even after sending the watch back to Israel that all of these problems have been found. All I can say is WOW... Dial will be left as it is as well as the hands due to the fact the are genuine and they make the watch unique and rare as long as the jeweler honors his position.

Although the crystal and seal would be replaced ROLEX did not make any mention that it is required. What ROLEX would be performing is a full service and there would be official documentation to support everything performed. There was also no mention of the head seal being damaged, only seal that is not up to spec is the crown. It would be as good as it would get/like new and I would be satisfied with that in the end.

Coincidentally when I was at ROLEX there was someone who was getting their watch authenticated, a very nice Daytona, it was fake and the technician brought it back out on the platter with one clasp not attached, presented it to the potential customer and with an almost smug sort of grin said to him "sorry, we can not work on this watch as it is not genuine", the guy had a sort of blank look on his face, picked up the watch turned around and walked away. Made me feel a lot better that I was not shot down like that.

This has all been quite the experience to say the least. Lot's of up's and down's. Good and bad none the less and a substantial learning curve. Will never reveal my doubts again after this experience and will bring my time pieces directly to ROLEX to have them make the official documented ruling.

Surely many of you will now find this educational/interesting if nothing else.

Most of what else I will be doing between the Jeweler and ROLEX can now be performed through email. If the jeweler provides his Israel ROLEX identification, and I send it to ROLEX Canada, ROLEX Canada will then forward it to ROLEX Geneva for verification. If it is all verified and legitimate, it will be a blessing in disguise. If the jeweler is unwilling to provide the ROLEX identification then I will likely have to file a claim that will be handled by other people that will be taking care of the rest of it for me. If it leads to a claim, the paperwork that I have obtained today from ROLEX will 100% back me up and will likely entitle me to full refund even if the jeweler wants to dispute it.

Will keep you all posted if the jeweler provides me with his ROLEX identification and how it all works out.
Old 25 January 2012, 05:57 PM   #55
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Would have posted this earlier but had an unexpected call from the Hospital much earlier in the day and spent the better part of my day at the hospital with my Grandmother. Her health has been steadily declining for the past couple of months.
Old 25 January 2012, 06:04 PM   #56
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hope your grandmother has a speedy recovery.
Sounds good the dial is original for the watch ref, that's a big plus and the ambiguous nature of the wording on that letter made it sound like the dial wasn't original to the watch ref. If that's the case then all you have left is sorting out the servicing, things like gaskets and crystal are fine if replaced to keep the watch waterproof and safe. I wouldn't refinish the watch in anyway, a movement service sounds great plus you will get RSC documentation. Good work with getting it authenticated by Rolex, atleast you have peace of mind knowing alls good or knowing what to do next:).

Edit:

Quote:
Dial is genuine as per my conversation with ROLEX representative. It was an option in the 60's-early 80's that is no longer an option and ROLEX no longer carries, manufactures or offers it as a service part in this color. They only gave the option to have it "upgraded" to what they say is matching to the case style. They told me that the reason why this was not matching this watch is because the markers are gold tone and the case is silver, hence it's current combination being genuine custom ordered part that was purchased through ROLEX by a jeweler back in the day. ROLEX is up-selling and most companies do this. Offer them something they do not need. Trust me, it read it the same way and it caught me off guard and I gained confirmation. If I have it serviced by them it will only get back into my hands if the part is genuine. Their standards have changed over the years and that's all they were offering me for the dial is to bring it to modern specification standards, but if the blue dial was an option when the watch was originally purchased then I would keep it this way.

They made note that the finish this watch currently has is considered "high luster" and there is the option to keep it that way or have is finished to original appearance at no additional charge and being part of the service as indicated on page one of the service quote. They quoted me $200.00 +tax if I just wanted to have the watch re-finished and no other work performed.

Clasp, contrary to information that I had found on the other TRF forums from other more seasoned members as being a fake is also genuine.

Entire watch is genuine as per their findings even when I had pointed out to ROLEX that there was a lack of numbers on the clasp link which was my major concern. Suppose they were not overly concerned about the screws being what they were either but are likely categorized in the parts that would be replaced if it is serviced.

Finding that out was at least somewhat settling, all of the other stuff was not.

Here's where it now gets interesting. Will need to obtain the jeweler's ROLEX technician identification and as long as the guy has registered when the work was performed on the watch in Israel and it is still under the warranty period from when he claims to have done the work about two months ago I will be eligible to have the watch repaired here in Canada at ROLEX at no additional charge.

It is a 50/50 that it is all going to come together as I am hoping, but if it does this will be very rewarding to have ROLEX themselves perform the work at no extra cost. Though it is a shame that even after sending the watch back to Israel that all of these problems have been found. All I can say is WOW... Dial will be left as it is as well as the hands due to the fact the are genuine and they make the watch unique and rare as long as the jeweler honors his position.

Although the crystal and seal would be replaced ROLEX did not make any mention that it is required. What ROLEX would be performing is a full service and there would be official documentation to support everything performed. There was also no mention of the head seal being damaged, only seal that is not up to spec is the crown. It would be as good as it would get/like new and I would be satisfied with that in the end.

Coincidentally when I was at ROLEX there was someone who was getting their watch authenticated, a very nice Daytona, it was fake and the technician brought it back out on the platter with one clasp not attached, presented it to the potential customer and with an almost smug sort of grin said to him "sorry, we can not work on this watch as it is not genuine", the guy had a sort of blank look on his face, picked up the watch turned around and walked away. Made me feel a lot better that I was not shot down like that.

This has all been quite the experience to say the least. Lot's of up's and down's. Good and bad none the less and a substantial learning curve. Will never reveal my doubts again after this experience and will bring my time pieces directly to ROLEX to have them make the official documented ruling.

Surely many of you will now find this educational/interesting if nothing else.

Most of what else I will be doing between the Jeweler and ROLEX can now be performed through email. If the jeweler provides his Israel ROLEX identification, and I send it to ROLEX Canada, ROLEX Canada will then forward it to ROLEX Geneva for verification. If it is all verified and legitimate, it will be a blessing in disguise. If the jeweler is unwilling to provide the ROLEX identification then I will likely have to file a claim that will be handled by other people that will be taking care of the rest of it for me. If it leads to a claim, the paperwork that I have obtained today from ROLEX will 100% back me up and will likely entitle me to full refund even if the jeweler wants to dispute it.

Will keep you all posted if the jeweler provides me with his ROLEX identification and how it all works out.

Old 25 January 2012, 06:12 PM   #57
MonBK
Banned

I can't see why Rolex would need the jewelers identification #'s as surely he could be identified by your information?

I still have doubts that he's "Official" but of course I hope I'm wrong.
Old 26 January 2012, 05:05 AM   #58
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

This was just sent to the jeweler:

Good news and bad about the watch. Returned from ROLEX yesterday late in the evening as my Grandmother is ill and I had to spend a better part of the day and night with her. Took photos of all of ROLEX's documented findings and have attached photos. Clasp is genuine and I apologize for making the assumption that it was not genuine. Guess I had some bad advice and reference on that but the findings from ROLEX are not good.

They (ROLEX) had advised me that I need to obtain your ROLEX identification number and from there they can verify it for the international warranty and get the work done here in Canada after they verify with ROLEX Geneva instead of having to send the watch back and forth across the world (it is getting expensive) and at three weeks at a time for servicing it is taking way too long for this to come to resolution.

Please follow the links to reference what ROLEX has found:

Links not shown but they are of the documents that I took photos of from ROLEX with the serial number showing.

Not here to ruin your credibility, I just want this watch up and running how it should be when I had originally made the purchase in the first place.

As you can see from their documents, serial numbers and service number the watch with the problems is the one that you sold to me.

Thank you in advance,

Richard.
Old 26 January 2012, 05:09 AM   #59
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope your grandmother has a speedy recovery.
Sounds good the dial is original for the watch ref, that's a big plus and the ambiguous nature of the wording on that letter made it sound like the dial wasn't original to the watch ref. If that's the case then all you have left is sorting out the servicing, things like gaskets and crystal are fine if replaced to keep the watch waterproof and safe. I wouldn't refinish the watch in anyway, a movement service sounds great plus you will get RSC documentation. Good work with getting it authenticated by Rolex, atleast you have peace of mind knowing alls good or knowing what to do next:).

Edit:
Thank you cruvon. Yes, the wording was misleading and I asked immediately as it caught my attention right away. Just another company looking at the bottom line and the motto "business is business" comes into play. They did not do anything wrong but one needs to be sharp in matters such as this.
Old 26 January 2012, 05:18 AM   #60
RPMcKenna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't see why Rolex would need the jewelers identification #'s as surely he could be identified by your information?

I still have doubts that he's "Official" but of course I hope I'm wrong.

Things work differently with ROLEX international. Drew up a large response to this but will keep it simple. Needs to be referenced with ROLEX Geneva first.

In response to this:

"I still have doubts that he's "Official" but of course I hope I'm wrong."

No assumptions are being made anymore. Surely most of us had some feeling or doubts that this was going to be a fake watch in one respect or another. Turns out some of us including myself were wrong. Going to be a little more cautious about what "feelings" are being used and deal with the facts instead.