The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 April 2012, 06:27 AM   #31
Paul Raposo
Banned

Wow! Thank you everyone for your advice.

I begged off the meeting. The seller was extremely polite and personable via emails, but since he wouldn't budge on the price, I didn't want to waste either his, or my time.

And I will admit I'm still debating what I'd like to buy next. The 14060M, the 16610, and a black dialed 16570 are at the top of the list.
Paul Raposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 10:28 AM   #32
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperoftime View Post

I bought a 14060 (m) pre-owned for $2500.00
What a deal!
Old 5 April 2012, 10:40 AM   #33
jhupp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp 1 and 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Raposo View Post

I begged off the meeting. The seller was extremely polite and personable via emails, but since he wouldn't budge on the price, I didn't want to waste either his, or my time.

And I will admit I'm still debating what I'd like to buy next. The 14060M, the 16610, and a black dialed 16570 are at the top of the list.

16570 without a doubt!!! I think they are the best bang for the buck, can be had for less than a 14060 and they have a date and GMT function.

I may be a little biased because I own one though.
jhupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 11:05 AM   #34
FloridaSam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16013
4 weeks ago I found a pre loved 14060 A series for $1,699.00. Not the norm of course but deals are out there if you look long and hard.
FloridaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 11:30 AM   #35
ecsub44
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSam View Post
4 weeks ago I found a pre loved 14060 A series for $1,699.00. Not the norm of course but deals are out there if you look long and hard.

Commissioner of WEIRD POLICE , Badge # ecsub44
ecsub44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 09:01 PM   #36
Mr. RoC
"TRF" Member

Watch: where you're going
Quote:
Hey all.

Going to be looking at a pre-owned 14060M, random serial with boxes, and papers. Seller is firm at $5500. Is that a fair marker value?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ351005163
Still looking??

Try www dot watchfinder dot ca in Yorkville and on Eglinton and Ave Rd.

Before I bought my Xplr he had/has a 2008 and asking (IIRC) $5500 but says he can negotiate on his asking price.

Good Luck
Mr. RoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 09:07 PM   #37
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
Quote:
Including new battery ?

Just kiddin'

Hope I can find one at that price . . . . or even better a Sub !

HANW

Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2012, 11:44 PM   #38
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhupp View Post
Agree!

I contemplated a LNIB 14060 for 4,700 and passed. IMHO they will come down even more when the new one comes out, just look at how the 16570 Exp 2s went down after the new one came out.
Complete opposite will happen. You are talking about the Explorer II, which was always a poor seller compared to the sub. Finally Rolex made a Explorer II model that can compete with the Sub.

Now you have the iconic sub, which now has a square case, and a bezel with to much shine, and a price tag that makes it pure jewelery, not a tool watch.

The 14060 is going to jump in price, not drop.

You guys also need to look at the 16710's with the PB spring, look at how they jumped. The random that the op is looking at has the PB spring, which will make it much more rare than the 16710's with the spring. The hype is unjust with the 16710's, but it there, it will be the same for the last runs of the 14060's.
Old 6 April 2012, 12:02 AM   #39
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:

hi p if you are still considering other options have you looked at the 16610lv? you have the maxi dial and also the option to fit it with a black bezel insert.
Old 6 April 2012, 03:02 AM   #40
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
Complete opposite will happen. You are talking about the Explorer II, which was always a poor seller compared to the sub. Finally Rolex made a Explorer II model that can compete with the Sub.

Now you have the iconic sub, which now has a square case, and a bezel with to much shine, and a price tag that makes it pure jewelery, not a tool watch.

The 14060 is going to jump in price
I agree.
Fascinating that so many people downplay the 14060M because it's the lowest priced Sub in the line. Especially for new folks who buy Daytonas and think they're hotshots.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2012, 03:05 AM   #41
Paul Raposo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhupp View Post
16570 without a doubt!!! I think they are the best bang for the buck, can be had for less than a 14060 and they have a date and GMT function.
I may be a little biased because I own one though.
Agree with everything you wrote, jhupp

I owned one for one year back in '93-'94 and had to sell it when I hit a financial snag. I never bought one again because it brought up bad memories. But I'm back on the horse, and I keep comparing everything to the Explorer II.
Old 6 April 2012, 03:06 AM   #42
Paul Raposo
Banned

Quote:
You are Sumgai
Old 6 April 2012, 03:09 AM   #43
Paul Raposo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. RoC View Post
Still looking??
Try www dot watchfinder dot ca in Yorkville and on Eglinton and Ave Rd.
Before I bought my Xplr he had/has a 2008 and asking (IIRC) $5500 but says he can negotiate on his asking price.
Good Luck
Thanks for the heads up, Mr. RoC. I visited the shop, and Sean is a great guy, but we couldn't get to a good price on the couple of watches I looked at. But a great place to check out before making any decisions.
Old 6 April 2012, 03:17 AM   #44
Paul Raposo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
hi p if you are still considering other options have you looked at the 16610lv? you have the maxi dial and also the option to fit it with a black bezel insert.:
Hi, John. I did check out the 16610LV when it first hit Canada. I wasn't really looking to buy anything at the time. Oddly the shiny green threw me. This is probably dumb to say, but I think if the insert was a darker matte green, rather than shiny, I could warm up to it easily. That said, I think in 30 years when those inserts have faded to a softer green, they'll be incredible looking.
Old 6 April 2012, 03:20 AM   #45
Paul Raposo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
The 14060 is going to jump in price, not drop.

You guys also need to look at the 16710's with the PB spring, look at how they jumped. The random that the op is looking at has the PB spring, which will make it much more rare than the 16710's with the spring. The hype is unjust with the 16710's, but it there, it will be the same for the last runs of the 14060's.
I'm just getting back into Rolex, but I do have to agree with this. It's going to be like the 5512--back in the early 90's those were selling for about $900-$1000. Today they're going for up to $10,000.
Old 7 April 2012, 12:25 AM   #46
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Hi, John. I did check out the 16610LV when it first hit Canada. I wasn't really looking to buy anything at the time. Oddly the shiny green threw me. This is probably dumb to say, but I think if the insert was a darker matte green, rather than shiny, I could warm up to it easily. That said, I think in 30 years when those inserts have faded to a softer green, they'll be incredible looking.
cheers paul...keep us updated on your progress.
Old 7 April 2012, 06:32 AM   #47
Mr. RoC
"TRF" Member

Watch: where you're going
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Mr. RoC. I visited the shop, and Sean is a great guy, but we couldn't get to a good price on the couple of watches I looked at. But a great place to check out before making any decisions.
Don't forget the Eglinton location as well if you haven't looked there already.
Mr. RoC is offline   Reply With Quote