The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 July 2015, 07:54 PM   #31
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Watch: means shou biao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
Go to RSC and demand your money back, did you pay for the verification?
Yes pal, I've paid around USD 80 for it
shou.biao.kuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2015, 12:26 AM   #32
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
Is this a prediction on the new GMT color that is coming out soon?
LOL... I do have a Coke bezel GMT.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2015, 12:29 AM   #33
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
LOL... I do have a Coke bezel GMT.
Would you be letting go of it much cheaper than RSC SG?
Old 19 July 2015, 12:47 AM   #34
ADINVA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Questions about RSC Singapore.

1) Do they still replace the insert of your choice? ie. even if the watch is a Coke, would RSC SG replace with a Pepsi insert?
Here in RSC HK, they would not even accept the watch for servicing if it is not the original insert. i.e., if the watch is Coke, they would not accept the watch for any service if the watch has a Pepsi or black insert in it.

2) USD80 for verification. The verification result is verbally communicated to you? Did you point this overlook to RSC SG? If they did overlook this aftermarket insert, I wonder what else have they overlooked?
ADINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2015, 03:17 AM   #35
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADINVA View Post
Questions about RSC Singapore.

1) Do they still replace the insert of your choice? ie. even if the watch is a Coke, would RSC SG replace with a Pepsi insert?
Here in RSC HK, they would not even accept the watch for servicing if it is not the original insert. i.e., if the watch is Coke, they would not accept the watch for any service if the watch has a Pepsi or black insert in it.

2) USD80 for verification. The verification result is verbally communicated to you? Did you point this overlook to RSC SG? If they did overlook this aftermarket insert, I wonder what else have they overlooked?
Hi, here you go...

1) Yes, guess they are fine with either of the colours.
Here, they can't even tell it was an aftermarket insert
Actually there is no way they can know which insert the watch originally came in except if they check their database which I suspect they may not. The other way is to check the papers.

2) Yes, it was verbally communicated to me and because it was verbal, I have no way to tell them that they have overlooked this and hence demand my USD80 bucks back !

Ya, same here. wonder what else they have overlooked
Old 20 July 2015, 12:49 PM   #36
ADINVA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
SBK,

This is shocking! I can't believe that RSC Singapore can even overlook the fact that the insert was aftermarket despite charging you USD80 for the verification service. Does that mean that all they do is open the case, see that it is the right movement and end the verification process? It is so unprofessional of them.

Here in Hong Kong, the RSC would not even accept a GMT with the wrong insert before any job is performed. They cross-check against their database, which electronically should be almost instantaneous and would politely request that it be restored to the original sold condition before they conduct any work.

The best thing, the verification process in Hong Kong is pretty thorough and it is free of charge! Giving potential buyers a peace of mind
ADINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2015, 01:07 PM   #37
JoeyT
Banned

I guess nobody is curious about how the bezel was dented in the first place? Did you buy it like that?
JoeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2015, 03:36 AM   #38
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Love for HK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADINVA View Post
SBK,

This is shocking! I can't believe that RSC Singapore can even overlook the fact that the insert was aftermarket despite charging you USD80 for the verification service. Does that mean that all they do is open the case, see that it is the right movement and end the verification process? It is so unprofessional of them.

Here in Hong Kong, the RSC would not even accept a GMT with the wrong insert before any job is performed. They cross-check against their database, which electronically should be almost instantaneous and would politely request that it be restored to the original sold condition before they conduct any work.

The best thing, the verification process in Hong Kong is pretty thorough and it is free of charge! Giving potential buyers a peace of mind
Hi Adinva,

Yes, my understanding is they will open the case and check the movement. Theoretically, they are supposed to check everything to sure all parts are original, including the crystal, bracelet, insert, etc but alas, they failed me this time round Yes, very unprof of them.

Humm.. that's pretty stringent I must say of HK RSC to disallow change of insert colour.

FOC? You serious dude?? Man, what am I doing in this tiny island?? it is actually free for my northern neighbor and there is no import tax or consumer goods tax right? damn, don't I love Hong Kong man !!
Old 22 July 2015, 03:37 AM   #39
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyT View Post
I guess nobody is curious about how the bezel was dented in the first place? Did you buy it like that?
Giving the benefit of the doubt to RSC and my watchmaker, I guess it was dented when I got the set
Old 22 July 2015, 04:32 AM   #40
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
how did you find out the first bezel was fake?

i think rsc position on fixing the bezel too is understandable given their brand and their price quote reasonable.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2015, 05:27 AM   #41
DoubleDeac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w!dowmaker View Post
They probably did spot that's it's a fake and just being courtesy as not to embarrass you and point out that it is. Thus, the recommendation changing the whole bezel.
Highly doubt it as this is a formalized process and lying to the customer will undermine the integrity of the process which you are paying for.

If it was an informal consult with no payment involved then yeah what you said would be a courtesy thing they could do.
DoubleDeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2015, 02:22 AM   #42
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
how did you find out the first bezel was fake?

i think rsc position on fixing the bezel too is understandable given their brand and their price quote reasonable.
Hi,

I initially had strong doubt about the authenticity of the insert though the seller was insistence that it was genuine. However, my watchmaker & VRF folks confirmed that it is an aftermarket insert !

I won't be too worried over the dent for now because the pic was blown up for folks here to comment and the fact that my watchmaker snapped it in relatively easily eased my worry.

But I could have had the seller make up for a new insert price if RSC had pointed that out when I sent it in for verification. A period correct insert would set me back at USD120 - USD150 what's with the additional USD80 verification fee which only added fire to my woes.
Old 23 July 2015, 02:24 AM   #43
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeac View Post
Highly doubt it as this is a formalized process and lying to the customer will undermine the integrity of the process which you are paying for.

If it was an informal consult with no payment involved then yeah what you said would be a courtesy thing they could do.
Agree 100% here with you. I paid for it and did not get what I have paid for. In a way, I was "ripped off" by their carelessness

They didn't do their job well and hence should at the least refund me back my USD80 verification fee
Old 23 July 2015, 02:26 AM   #44
shou.biao.kuang
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeac View Post
And yes, if it had been free, I don't think I would be whining so much over TRF

Tags
aftermarket , insert , paranoid , rsc , singapore