The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 September 2015, 09:56 PM   #31
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I solved this by picking both. I'm not sure I could answer you at this point. Maybe lean 15202.
I'm considering another watch and may have to flip one of the above but that's a question I don't really want to solve just yet, it ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (88.6 KB, 274 views)
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 09:56 PM   #32
fai9al
"TRF" Member

Not a fan of the Nautilus case shape, so RO for me.
fai9al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 09:57 PM   #33
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Casper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (112.7 KB, 271 views)
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 11:47 PM   #34
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
Has been debated numerous times on here, clearly there is never a true consensus, both are great pieces and frankly I think only way to really decide is try both on. For me the 15202 is the iconic Genta original, very masculine profile and just sings to me more.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2015, 10:38 PM   #35
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Mmmmm...that's like which child do you like more...impossible.
Exactly the best thing is to own both
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2015, 11:02 PM   #36
superbry
Banned

Watch: Rolex, Panerai
Jumbo!
superbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2015, 11:39 PM   #37
el1125
Banned

Extremely difficult to choose. Would this be your only watch? What else in your collection? Need more info
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2015, 12:43 AM   #38
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Casper
*garage door love it in white
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2015, 06:49 AM   #39
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Jumbo for me.

But I'm one of the few that like the 15400 more than the 202; unless it is in RG.
Old 9 September 2015, 08:50 PM   #40
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
I disagree that the VCO is not up there with the other two – in fact, it's more sporty than either the AP and RO, but still manages to be just as elegant too.
If the VCO costs half as much as the other pair because VC haven't spent countless hours polishing the movement, well that's no bad thing, since you've an interesting case back relief to look at.
The bracelet is also considered to be one of, if not the most comfortable to wear.

I'm somewhat surprised that you raise the money point, since you yourself are all about saving as much as you can on buying your third watch, which suggests you don't believe the Lange to be worth its asking price.
Surely in that respect, VC should be getting praised for not taking the piss by asking a stupidly high RRP, just because they could!

If we take the fact that the 15400 is £13K and the 5711 is £18K, can you honestly say that the PP is a £5K better watch?
Is the 15400 the better one? I think it is, so where does that put the VCO then, if spending £5K less gets you a better watch?

The only time money comes into it, is affordability and/or fitting in with and/or impressing one's peer group – otherwise value/worth is purely subjective depending on the individual's perception.
Well first you can't IMO compare the 15400 to the 5711, you need to compare with the 15202, and for me the PP is on top in each case, the dial is just incredible, screw in crown and good WR or 120 compared to the 50 of the AP makes it a winner for me, the AP is nice but not the same level for me, about the Lange it's not the problem if it's worth or not the 130.000 euros asking price when you can get it for 90 new or 70 mint you need to be stupid or really not care about money to pay much much more…

For me the AP and PP are 10 times more beautiful and iconic than the VC, maybe again tastes but for me no comparison...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2015, 05:32 PM   #41
redsubby
"TRF" Member

5711's seconds hand for the win, although I am not too crazy about its size.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2015, 12:58 AM   #42
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
I disagree that the VCO is not up there with the other two – in fact, it's more sporty than either the AP and RO, but still manages to be just as elegant too.
If the VCO costs half as much as the other pair because VC haven't spent countless hours polishing the movement, well that's no bad thing, since you've an interesting case back relief to look at.
The bracelet is also considered to be one of, if not the most comfortable to wear.

I'm somewhat surprised that you raise the money point, since you yourself are all about saving as much as you can on buying your third watch, which suggests you don't believe the Lange to be worth its asking price.
Surely in that respect, VC should be getting praised for not taking the piss by asking a stupidly high RRP, just because they could!

If we take the fact that the 15400 is £13K and the 5711 is £18K, can you honestly say that the PP is a £5K better watch?
Is the 15400 the better one? I think it is, so where does that put the VCO then, if spending £5K less gets you a better watch?

The only time money comes into it, is affordability and/or fitting in with and/or impressing one's peer group – otherwise value/worth is purely subjective depending on the individual's perception.
When you're dealing with these watches it really comes down to a matter of personal opinion. In this case I agree with yours. To me the VC is not only a fair comparison but it would be my choice over the other two.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2015, 01:00 AM   #43
daytonaTBR
"TRF" Member

daytonaTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2015, 01:02 AM   #44
Evo6
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR55131675BB58
Just checked out both and the 5711 was definately the winner, the AP was glorious but too delicate in the finishing, it just didn't feel like it would handle being worn everyday like the Nautilus.
Evo6 is offline   Reply With Quote