The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 15 March 2016, 09:03 AM   #31
myopiccoog
"TRF" Member

myopiccoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2016, 11:46 AM   #32
gunrnnr
"TRF" Member

My thoughts...

Thomas this is a tough choice! I have a 5970P which I absolutely love, however I will have to say the 5004 (in any metal buy especially J/R) is truly the pinnacle of PP. I've owned several 3970s in different metals, but always felt the watch was too small for me. The 5004 wears slightly larger due to the thicker case, but ultimately my choice was the 5970 because of it's size and design. You have a VERY difficult decision there my friend! Here's mine:
gunrnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 12:33 PM   #33
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
All respect to the 5004 but I'm with Elliot here. 5004 is smaller than I typically wear and 5970 is right on the money. Decision is based on what I would wear not what I think is the better value or technical marvel.
Thanks much. I certainly like to bur "wearable" watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Hard dilemma my My friend, I prefer the look of the 5004, but the 37 vs 40 is in favor of the 5970.
Wait you mean to say that the black dial costs 100k more than the white one???? If yes that is crazy, a premium yes but not a so huge one, but must say I prefer way more the black
What wrist size do you have? If small, 6 I would take the 5004, if more than that, 6.5 and up then the 5970
If the new 5270 blue dial is an option I would take it over the other 2, it's amazing in blue
Thanks my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
You know my response, just don't give up the Jumbo or FC Diver!
hope you are well! I enjoy your pictures of that RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcielago_boy View Post
The 5004 split seconds was the one of most difficult-to-produce watches that PP have ever had to make.
If you can get a later one where the reliability problems have gone, you're getting something at the very pinnacle of mechanical watchmaking. Even the 5970p isn't as desirable.
Oh and the black dial 5004 is even more beautiful.
Easy choice for me.

For those of you who consider a bigger watch more desirable (wrist size considerations aside), should perhaps be on the AP forum! :)
Thanks for this. I know the 5004 is the "right" way to go, but heart and mind are saying something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
The wrist considerations are not meant to be put "aside" unless the intention is for the watch to sit on a shelf under glass?

Just my opinion, the 5970 has classic balance and proportions, the 5004 not as much.
Thanks buddy. I will certainly wear any watch I own. The 5970 is perhaps the perfect patek....

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopiccoog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrnnr View Post
Thomas this is a tough choice! I have a 5970P which I absolutely love, however I will have to say the 5004 (in any metal buy especially J/R) is truly the pinnacle of PP. I've owned several 3970s in different metals, but always felt the watch was too small for me. The 5004 wears slightly larger due to the thicker case, but ultimately my choice was the 5970 because of it's size and design. You have a VERY difficult decision there my friend! Here's mine:
Gorgeous. This may have pushed me over the edge.

3970 is a classy watch, but not quite for me unfortunately. Glad to hear you love the 5970P....

This thread may have foreshadowed something that is now in the works. Can't believe it...
Old 29 March 2016, 02:50 PM   #34
Willygallardo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP's - Rolex
get both lol
Willygallardo is offline   Reply With Quote