The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 September 2016, 07:54 PM   #31
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Excellent just a few more weeks...looking forward to the incoming shots.

I'm sure you're excited.

Fire up the jet and get to Davos.

Quote:
YES, must have Alps shots or at least Davos...time for a good incoming pic thread Lapince

Exciting times.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah a 5167R is so exciting, I mean it's kind of like the incoming of the year on TRF, I even think Thierry Stern is coming to Davos at the AD to meet their new SUPER HYPER VIP: ME

Quote:
Exactly--we need to see some great incoming pics which I know he will provide. We can all live vicariously through Lapince's 5167--this will be great.
I cannot wait for the pics from the Apls, Davo's, back at your house in Odessa--I'm SO excited.

Don't disappoint Lapince--we all are all here for you. Let us know what the schedule is for pick up any day.

Realize you have a very busy schedule, but when will you fly to Davos to retrieve??

Will be a prelude to the 'best incoming ever on TRF' you have mentioned for June 2017.

I'm very excited
HAHAHAHAHAHAH again, had a good laugh reading your posts, thanks

Well it depends on many things, first my good TRF friend needs to have a few days off, as I am doing this with him and second I need to coordinate with meetings and appointments in France, see the independent watchmaker in Switzerland to finalize last details, and a few other things, not easy when you have all those variables to set the dates, when it only depends on you sure you go when you want, but I think I should be flying around the 30th of September.

LOOOOL Paul you teaser I never said the "best incoming ever on TRF", I just said that IMO, this should clearly be the best incoming from a very small independent, which make 50 watches or less per year, yes on that kind on watchmaker it should really be the best I truly believe, but you can't compare it with RM, Patek, it's totally a different league, truly.

About Davos to say the truth there's really nothing special about it, at least the center, maybe in winter you have nice chalets under the snow and can make beautiful pics, but in June and when I am going really nothing special, nice and clean but wasn't blown away at all, at the same time most french mountain resorts are also nothing special when you are in the city center, you need to get away from the center and then you have nice things.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2016, 10:17 PM   #32
texex91
"TRF" Member

Don't know what all of the ROFL is about Lapince.

You talked about the watch so much we are all excited for you.

Just asking for fun pics from Davos and better incoming shots. Never been to Davos, so would be nice.

Is that too much to ask?

Okay back to 'my Patek isn't perfect' threads....
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2016, 10:41 AM   #33
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
Yep, I was at the 2013-2014 NFL Wild Card Playoff Game GB V SF. -22 (w windchill) degrees during the game time. I'm from North East area and drove through a blizzard in western PA to see the game. Pretty incredible, the beer you hold in your hand automatically turns to ice within 10 mins of holding it. I had 3 layers of clothing on. It was heart breaking to lose by that field goal.
I am a die hard Packer fan, I grew up in Wisco and now live in Chicago (behind enemy lines)

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2016, 03:31 PM   #34
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't know what all of the ROFL is about Lapince.

You talked about the watch so much we are all excited for you.

Just asking for fun pics from Davos and better incoming shots. Never been to Davos, so would be nice.

Is that too much to ask?

Okay back to 'my Patek isn't perfect' threads....
"fire up the jet"
"exciting times", I just found it hilarious that you use such words for such a small incoming, that's it, wasn't meant in any other way, don't worry I'll try to make a few pics, Getting tickets today for France on the 26th, so a few days later should get it
Old 19 September 2016, 10:48 PM   #35
Dandoun
Banned

Lapince he was just trying to mock you but he is realizing little by little that we are all grown ups, no worries. His virtual bullying will stop soon :D.
Dandoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2016, 11:01 PM   #36
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Getting tickets today for France on the 26th, so a few days later should get it
Lapince, we are excited for you.

You've mentioned it quite a bit, so I think we can be interested--no?

Enjoy your journey and safe travels--should be nice weather this time of year.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 02:38 AM   #37
Oryx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoun View Post
Lapince he was just trying to mock you but he is realizing little by little that we are all grown ups, no worries. His virtual bullying will stop soon :D.
come on - this is just banter. Lapince / Arnaud is also getting into the spirit.

We are all excited to see the new watches he has brought - he is one of the most active participants in the Patek forum on TRF hence all the build up.

I for one am eagerly anticipating the incoming thread from Arnaud.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 05:10 AM   #38
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
No wait from my AD. Can order at anytime.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 07:05 AM   #39
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoun View Post
No it was fun, the words used were quite funnily used, had the impression of a 5208 coming, no problem

Quote:
Lapince, we are excited for you.

You've mentioned it quite a bit, so I think we can be interested--no?

Enjoy your journey and safe travels--should be nice weather this time of year.
Of course, the use of words I found very funny, ain't making fun or anything, it was really cool.
Thanks for the journey, should be interesting, will see different things this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
come on - this is just banter. Lapince / Arnaud is also getting into the spirit.

We are all excited to see the new watches he has brought - he is one of the most active participants in the Patek forum on TRF hence all the build up.

I for one am eagerly anticipating the incoming thread from Arnaud.
Thanks buddy :thumbs:
Yeah no problem, anyways September has been a great months with 2 projects starting , the 5167R will be the reward, first RG since what 3 years I think, the Daytona was nice but never really stuck
Old 20 September 2016, 01:13 PM   #40
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Another reward is all the people who are gonna jump on the 5167r bandwagon. That dial is sure to be a stunner in the Alps sun
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 10:56 PM   #41
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Something tells me lapince isn't going to go quitely and this 5711 Blue thread will transform to 3 pages of photos of lapince in the Swiss Alps.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 12:33 AM   #42
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post
Another reward is all the people who are gonna jump on the 5167r bandwagon. That dial is sure to be a stunner in the Alps sun
I debated moving my 15202, and a few other things to get a 5167r. but then i put the 15202 on forgot about it.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 04:29 AM   #43
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Something tells me lapince isn't going to go quitely and this 5711 Blue thread will transform to 3 pages of photos of lapince in the Swiss Alps.
No we'll try to avoid that

The 5167R is a beauty, but at retail way overpriced IMHO, if you can get one for the right price then yes it is very nice
Old 21 September 2016, 05:27 AM   #44
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So we can all be envious while checking out the photos!
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote