The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 April 2006, 06:50 AM   #31
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Yep I did. But don't thank me... just send money.
How about .25 US?
Old 8 April 2006, 10:09 AM   #32
silverman

Watch: gmt11c/ DSSD
The other curve ball is it is my birthday coming up soon and my other half said she would like to get me something special.When she asked what i wanted i said a watch,watch or a watch.

So i might score a gmt now and a sub date for my birthday.Does it get any better than that.Problem is she knows what i like but wants to get me a surprise,something i am not expecting.There goes the sub date.I know she is planning something special but who knows.Could end up with a Casio g-shock...not that there's anything wrong with that.I have a little "wish-list" saved on my computer that has the sub date,gmt and a Panny on it.Now knowing her it wont be one of those because its no surprise then.

She really loves the Breitling Navitimer World which is very nice but i have a bling watch.Remembering once you walk out of the shop there's no returning it.I am sure whatever i get,if in fact it is a watch,i will love.Its the thought that counts anyway,right !!!
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2006, 10:51 AM   #33
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman
The other curve ball is it is my birthday coming up soon and my other half said she would like to get me something special.When she asked what i wanted i said a watch,watch or a watch.

So i might score a gmt now and a sub date for my birthday.Does it get any better than that.Problem is she knows what i like but wants to get me a surprise,something i am not expecting.There goes the sub date.I know she is planning something special but who knows.Could end up with a Casio g-shock...not that there's anything wrong with that.I have a little "wish-list" saved on my computer that has the sub date,gmt and a Panny on it.Now knowing her it wont be one of those because its no surprise then.

She really loves the Breitling Navitimer World which is very nice but i have a bling watch.Remembering once you walk out of the shop there's no returning it.I am sure whatever i get,if in fact it is a watch,i will love.Its the thought that counts anyway,right !!!
Why don't you email her your list, this no matter what you open it'll be a surprise.
Old 8 April 2006, 03:48 PM   #34
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hi Silverman,

A BIG welcome to TRF. I'm JJ, also from downunder (NZ) and am very happy to read yours posts which are pretty lively.

Now given the choice between the Sub-date and GMT-II, I would say the latter is more practical for use. But given that you're not interested in the timezone feature, then take the Sub-date 16610 in the blink of an eye. That is the ULTIMATE Rolex, the icon, the one that screams ROLEX all the way.

Try on both and choose the one you really like. BOTH are excellent timepieces and you will not go wrong either way...but the Sub-date is a cracker....here's mine next to my TT YM.

He's getting a real one, JJ. Not the Japanese kind like you have
Old 8 April 2006, 05:32 PM   #35
Lol-x
Facilitator

If I was getting a Submariner I would go for the green, not because of the colour of the bezel but because of the maxi dial and hands.
Alternatively, if I was getting a new GMT II would go for the TT just shown as a new model at Basel. It also has the maxi dial and hands, + a new movement, hairspring and triple lock.
Good Luck down there in "arse end of the world". Only joking I live there too ;)
Nice bike but I prefer sports that's why I've got a 2003 R6.
The final decision on your watch is ultimately a matter of tastes and preferences.
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2006, 05:51 PM   #36
silverman

Watch: gmt11c/ DSSD
The R6 is a nice bike but not many roads i know of that i can ride at 200km/hr.I have done the sports bike thing and lived to tell the tale.Now i just want comfort and a cruisy ride.
I do like the green sub but as a first i want a black version.Someday maybe.

cheers
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote