The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 May 2020, 03:17 PM   #31
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Hello members!

Hope everyone is staying safe during these unprecedented times.

I have a question, and hope some members can offer me some advice/guidance in terms of me trying to land my first Rolex for my collection.

I have an AD about an hour north of my residence. I am looking to buy the following pieces over time -Daytona Panda, Hulk, Batman, Pepsi, Blue Skydweller.

How can I purchase these items new at retail MSRP? From what I have been reading online, since I don't have a purchase history with an AD, it seems like I may have to purchase the more lesser popular models, before you can get a chance to buy the models I listed? It just seems that being a new customer, these items may just be unattainable to purchase new from the AD. Am I correct?

I understand I can get these pieces on the secondary market, but priced thousands of dollars over MSRP.

Any information is much appreciated.

Tony
What a lame troll. while you are at it, why don't you stretch your ride to NYC and ask for a 5711 and a 15202.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 05:26 PM   #32
Ped22
"TRF" Member

My first advice would be not to disclose that full list of watches that you seem to be interested to either the AD or this forum.

It might not matter what people on here think but if people on here think you look like a flipper, imagine what the AD will think...

Out of interest, how come you like those particular watches? Instagram can’t be one of your answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ped22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 05:31 PM   #33
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Supposedly, the AD is planning to open up this weekend. I keep the board posted.

I was heavy into the vintage baseball card world for the past 15 years. I sold my collection recently, and always liked luxury watches.

I needed a hobby change, and just want to do some homework before make the plunge. I'm always leery about making a high dollar purchase, especially with there being so may clones/fakes out there.

Stay safe everyone.

Tony
Well, you sure sound like a real enthusiast.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 01:07 PM   #34
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
What a lame troll. while you are at it, why don't you stretch your ride to NYC and ask for a 5711 and a 15202.
I already have a 5711. I bought it from your boyfriend few months ago.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote