The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 July 2020, 04:54 AM   #31
NWCarver
"TRF" Member

A few more pics on the wrist in different light sources - basic shade and light - and you can see the differences...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C243371B-AD59-40E2-AA7D-747C8F6DD5A9.jpeg (113.0 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpeg AB743395-C9D8-4ED8-86BD-A814B45964AC.jpeg (139.7 KB, 155 views)
NWCarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 05:06 AM   #32
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCarver View Post
A few more pics on the wrist in different light sources - basic shade and light - and you can see the differences...
Thanks for sharing...these photos, as well as the others, give members a nice idea of the blue.
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 05:12 AM   #33
NWCarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster Sauce View Post
Thanks for sharing...these photos, as well as the others, give members a nice idea of the blue.
NWCarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 05:12 AM   #34
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Let me just add one part about the faux rivet issue. Get over it. It’s a great look, period. People will cry and say oh well there is no function of that. Every watch has a style and the rivets add to the style. What’s the function of wide lugs? Nothing beyond style. What’s the utility of gold on a sport watch, nothing. What’s the function of ceramic over aluminum on a bezel, little to nothing. What’s the purpose of a green sub? Nothing. The answer to all of these is style. So for the anti rivet people out there, get over it. Same argument goes for the people that refer to faux patina as if lume can only be stark white instead of almond.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 05:41 AM   #35
VK1984
"TRF" Member

Great post - thanks for sharing this. With similar smaller wrists a diver hasn’t really sang to me despite loving the Sub. Every time I try a new one on it just doesn’t feel right!

This looks great and I’m going to give myself a few months to ensure that I actually like it and am not just being taken in by the current hype (which I would easily give in to - lol)

You post however is making me want to buy one NOW!!
VK1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 06:33 AM   #36
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK1984 View Post
Great post - thanks for sharing this. With similar smaller wrists a diver hasn’t really sang to me despite loving the Sub. Every time I try a new one on it just doesn’t feel right!

This looks great and I’m going to give myself a few months to ensure that I actually like it and am not just being taken in by the current hype (which I would easily give in to - lol)

You post however is making me want to buy one NOW!!
I think your approach is the right one...best wishes. I hope that those who decide to get one have the opportunity.
Old 6 July 2020, 06:41 AM   #37
Goula1979
"TRF" Member

Really enjoying it. As said by others, lots of variation in color based on lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goula1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 06:44 AM   #38
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goula1979 View Post
Really enjoying it. As said by others, lots of variation in color based on lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice...all the photos with partial light, partial shade are great examples of the color range.
Old 6 July 2020, 10:58 PM   #39
wcl884
"TRF" Member

Here's my contribution for photos - BB58 Blue on felt/rubber strap (on 7.75 inch wrist):

The strap can accommodate at least 8 inch wrist.
wcl884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 11:22 PM   #40
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl884 View Post
Here's my contribution for photos - BB58 Blue on felt/rubber strap (on 7.75 inch wrist):

The strap can accommodate at least 8 inch wrist.
Thanks for sharing, and congrats! I have to say that the three strap options that Tudor offers are all very cool...although my top choice is the bracelet, I would be proud to wear the strap or the nato-style. How would you describe the feel of that blue strap?
Old 6 July 2020, 11:44 PM   #41
wcl884
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster Sauce View Post
Thanks for sharing, and congrats! I have to say that the three strap options that Tudor offers are all very cool...although my top choice is the bracelet, I would be proud to wear the strap or the nato-style. How would you describe the feel of that blue strap?
Strap is blue felt on the outside and rubber underneath. I am not a big fan of the faux rivets. Just knowing they are there is bothering me.

For Omega and PP rubber straps, there are grooves built underneath to help with airflow. This strap is a solid/flat piece of rubber - very hot during the summer.
wcl884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 11:50 PM   #42
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl884 View Post
Strap is blue felt on the outside and rubber underneath. I am not a big fan of the faux rivets. Just knowing they are there is bothering me.

For Omega and PP rubber straps, there are grooves built underneath to help with airflow. This strap is a solid/flat piece of rubber - very hot during the summer.
This is helpful information -- good to know! Esthetically it is a handsome strap...sounds like if one lives an a hot climate they might take the minimal airflow into consideration.