The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 July 2021, 03:54 AM   #31
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Looks great. This is much better than the aftermarket rubber straps.
rdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 03:55 AM   #32
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RPXAZ View Post
I really like the look of the OF on the Submariner, especially for summer.

I’m curious to hear of any success stories fitting the YM42 OF to a Sub41.

If so, please post! I will call my AD and order if it fits.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Your Sub looks great.

It will fit. However, not something you can easily order.
rdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 04:40 AM   #33
T4RPXAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdragon View Post
It will fit. However, not something you can easily order.
My AD stocks them and the watch manager is a friend. I figure I stand a pretty good chance. Perhaps not. Def won’t get one if I don’t ask. Hopefully good news soon.
268622 (wife’s)
T4RPXAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 06:09 AM   #34
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
There is nothing exotic about fitting an Oysterflex. The halves now come with 20, 21, and 22mm lugwidths, if your watch has one of these they will fit. Next is figuring out which lengths you need and finding someone who will sell them to you.
Technically RolexUSA dealers are only supposed to supply them to owners who have a model that came with OF. My AD’s tech helped me figure out what sizes I needed for my 116500 but they would not sell them to me, I had a good samaritan help me but was told to keep it quiet. They are also quite expensive, $270 for each side if I recall.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 07:40 PM   #35
Casotakar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
You can push down the OF strap away form the lug a little bit to get the spring bar tool in. I use the 7767-F as the fork is thin and you don't need a lot of space to compress the spring bar away form the lug to remove the strap.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up with the Rubber B today and going to try that out. For only 240USD if it’s not worth it I could go the OF route but it seems a bit more involved to acquire and more precision than I have to quickly (without damaging, lol) to change back to the bracelet if I don’t want the rubber on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casotakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 01:26 AM   #36
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic6 View Post
Protect your investment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
They put rubbers on the watches to keep the bracelets prestine ,for resale value ,pity about the clasp on the oysterflex though ...
I could be wrong, but I think you're both missing the point.

I believe the OP was expressing concern about the integrity and structure of other rubber straps. He said protecting his investment was a big factor and immediately went out to talk about how the OF was built and designed to withstand hard use without failure.

I don't think this had anything to do with protecting and/or keeping the bracelet pristine.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 04:58 AM   #37
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I could be wrong, but I think you're both missing the point.

I believe the OP was expressing concern about the integrity and structure of other rubber straps. He said protecting his investment was a big factor and immediately went out to talk about how the OF was built and designed to withstand hard use without failure.

I don't think this had anything to do with protecting and/or keeping the bracelet pristine.

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 04:17 PM   #38
TrpOperator
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
The width at the lugs will be a bit short as the YM42 is 21mm.

I had my AD order a set of YM42 OF straps for my SS Sky-D but when placing it on the Sky-D they were not as wide. Swapped them for the PM Sky-D ones and it fit perfectly. Both the SD43 and Sky-D are 22mm with the YM42 being 21mm lug width.

Part # - OF straps for the Sky-D - B218-108-D/E/F etc.
Part # - OF straps for the YM42 - B218-107-D/E/F etc.
Any pictures of the sky dweller oyster flex straps on the Sea dweller SD 43 sir? Just to reiterate that’s the way to go 22 mm will be a perfect fit correct?
TrpOperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 04:47 PM   #39
bob99
"TRF" Member

Love this look! I have the same watch (40mm no date sub) and would like to pick up the oysterflex bracelet as an option. Can you offer any advice on how you bought it and picked the right size?
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 07:58 PM   #40
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpOperator View Post
Any pictures of the sky dweller oyster flex straps on the Sea dweller SD 43 sir? Just to reiterate that’s the way to go 22 mm will be a perfect fit correct?

I used the original OF straps that come on the PM Sky-d to fit on the SS Sky-d as those are 22mm.

I believe the SD43 lug width is 21mm so the only option is the YM42 OF straps.
Old 5 October 2021, 08:01 PM   #41
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I used the original OF straps that come on the PM Sky-d to fit on the SS Sky-d as those are 22mm.

I believe the SD43 lug width is 21mm so the only option is the YM42 OF straps.
Might give a go in a few weeks but earlier in the thread it looked like SkyDweller OF was confined for the SD43.

I have two spare OF blades from my YM42 and an SD43 but I don't keep my watches at home.
wb55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 08:20 PM   #42
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911991 View Post
looks good, I just installed a Rubber B on my 16800, I wish the oyster flex fitment was closer around the watch case.
I have the Everst, which is a very snug fit

Looks good OP, I think it is odd that this isn't any option on the diver ranges.
Old 5 October 2021, 08:23 PM   #43
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Icon5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Soooo, the weak point would be the spring bars themselves so the band regardless of rubber b or oem not likely to fail either way. But if you like the style, that’s what counts.

That was my first thought too
Old 5 October 2021, 11:38 PM   #44
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Looks great, OP
Cauhauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 06:34 AM   #45
TrpOperator
"TRF" Member

Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thines View Post
After trying Everest and Rubber B, both good products. I set my sight on going the OME route. The deciding factor for me was protecting my investment. Let's be clear, subs are worth a pretty penny now-a-day. Although the aftermarket rubber strap are well built, the connection to the clasp always concerned me. It's a weak spot, subject to failure under the right circumstance. I read an article about the Oysterflex bracelet and what makes it uniquely different..."a high-density elastomer band encasing a flexible titanium-nickel alloy core." The titanium core includes the spring bar holes a.k.a the "weak spot." I was sold...OME all the way. It took a little while to find a source where I could purchase them. But it was worth the peace of mind that my sub is securely attached to a bracelet. I know I'm not the only one who has done this, Rolexforum was a great resource. Rolex should seriously consider offering the Oysterflex on all their sports models. It feels perfect.
I was interested in doing the same thing although I have a different predicament I have an SD 43 it is a 21 mm lug width as u know.

I Purchased the 22mm Original Rolex OF

Question sir.. have you or anyone else on this forum fit a 22 oyster flex in a 21 mm space? is it doable and does it look OK or funky?

And the second question is since this band is not made for this particular watch can I expect there to be a space in between the watch and the strap like in your submariner above?

Thanks in advance Rob
TrpOperator is offline   Reply With Quote