The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 June 2021, 05:21 AM   #31
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I think there is an argument to be made that playing alone gives an advantage because of a lower stress environment. But at this point Rahm was up big and is a proven winner of big time tournaments. I agree with you. I don't think it would've been a factor here and agree many alternatives could've been considered. Especially important to take into consideration imo with an international playing field and have flexibility.

No doubt, it’s a bit easier. But the thing about playing alone is pace of play. He would be play so fast that he would wait on multiple tee boxes and shots, minimizing a lot of the advantage of playing alone. This is why their is a marker at Augusta when the numbers don’t add up and someone is forced to play alone. It’s a pace of play issue. When you’re playing at this level with that much of a lead, playing alone isn’t going to matter. Now, if they had him go off first on fresh slower greens, huge advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 05:32 AM   #32
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Yikes. If not being vaccinated was a choice and not a medical necessity that is a $1.7mm unforced error. Doh!
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 05:47 AM   #33
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
Wow. Hard to count the number of fact less assumptions made on this thread.

His vaccination status is not publicly known. Being fully vaccinated is not a guarantee of never getting the virus. The PGA Tour gave him the option before the tournament started to either enter the testing protocol or withdraw before the tournament started. He choose to enter the protocol knowing full well what the potential result could be if he tested positive. The PGA Tour protocol and associated rules have been fully agreed to by all the players. He gambled and lost. The Tour followed the rules in place that he agreed to.

The only thing the tour did wrong was to inform him in public in front of cameras at a time when everyone was watching. Very poor form.

If I read it correctly he would not have had to get tested if he had been vaccinated thus playing and probably winning the tournament today. Maybe it will become public his reasons for not getting vaccinated. It’s certainly his choice but I wonder if he has regrets. 1.7 million!

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 02:04 AM   #34
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
If I read it correctly he would not have had to get tested if he had been vaccinated thus playing and probably winning the tournament today. Maybe it will become public his reasons for not getting vaccinated. It’s certainly his choice but I wonder if he has regrets. 1.7 million!

None of this confirms his vaccination status.

No testing required only if he arrives without issue i.e. no close contact with a person who has now tested positive. Since this wasn't the case his vaccination status is no longer the deciding factor. At that point PGA Tour tracing and testing protocol takes precedence. They understand that full vaccination is no guarantee against contracting and spreading the virus. If he wants to play he then has to enter the daily testing process which is exactly what happened.

Based on his response to the news I would agree he regrets the ultimate result regardless of his motivation and $1.67M can be a big motivator no doubt..

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 02:06 AM   #35
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Absolutely ridiculous they made him stop playing. The world we live in has absolutely gone mad.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 05:12 AM   #36
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
The only thing the tour did wrong was to inform him in public in front of cameras at a time when everyone was watching. Very poor form.
Fully agree on this part, could have been handled much better/differently by the officials
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 10:24 AM   #37
thedak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWS65SM View Post
Fully agree on this part, could have been handled much better/differently by the officials
Always a part of the plan...

Laughable
thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 11:53 AM   #38
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
It's not like Covid is a performance enhancing disease. Seems like they could keep their distance and play it out.