The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 June 2021, 11:41 PM   #31
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
I'm sure most can Mike, and mine fits perfectly.

The issue for some is that you cannot resize the bracelet by 0.8 of a link, only a whole link or .6, .4 or .2 of a link because the clasp on the bracelets with faux rivets only has 3 positions for the micro adjustment because of the rivets.

And I know from the gldelock on my SD43 that if I had to go 2mm looser or 2mm tighter than where its set by function of the clasp (as many BB wearers have to), it would be either too loose when cold and or too tight when hot to the point of not wanting to wear it.

So I can see that its a real issue for some and a fundamental design flaw of the faux rivet bracelets, albeit a fixable one with some work or $
OK I see what you mean. If you are one of the rare folks that fall between the .6 and 1.0 it could be an issue. Now I see what people mean about a half link being helpful in that situation. I fall right in the middle of the three micro adjustment positions so worked out perfectly for me. I have seven links at the 12 and five at the 6 with the center micro position.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2021, 11:41 PM   #32
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I would think between adding/removing links and the three micro adjustment holes most could find a good fit. No issues with my Tudor GMT fit. Occasionally I'll move the micro adjustment one slot over but generally it fits great.
You would have thought so...
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 01:49 AM   #33
pikers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
The lack of articulation in the clasp was not good for me. The clasp wore bigger than the watch itself!!!

I used the OEM end links with an aftermarket Oyster solid link bracelet and a 5 digit Submariner clasp. That works for me and fits great. The only problem is that the stamped steel Rolex clasp seems "low rent" for a new watch, definitely not the standard that we expect these days, but it works...
@kirk - What aftermarket bracelet did you go with?
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 04:14 AM   #34
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
The real problem is the non-articulating clasp (6 o'clock side).

That elongates the clasp by roughly 1 link and makes it very bulky and awkward, jutting out from the undersurface of the wrist. Extremely clunky. Plus, it pinches and pulls on hairs since the link comes in contact with the clasp. Tudor implements this awful clasp design on every one of their bracelets. I find this to be a possible deal-breaker. In contrast, Rolex clasps articulate on both ends and prevent this problem.
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 05:25 AM   #35
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post

That elongates the clasp by roughly 1 link and makes it very bulky and awkward, jutting out from the undersurface of the wrist. Extremely clunky. Plus, it pinches and pulls on hairs since the link comes in contact with the clasp. Tudor implements this awful clasp design on every one of their bracelets. I find this to be a possible deal-breaker. In contrast, Rolex clasps articulate on both ends and prevent this problem.
Exactly! The biggest problem is not the missing tool-less micro-adjust or more micro-adjust holes, the real problem is the design of the non-articulating first link on the 6 o'clock side of the clasp. The clasp unit is longer than my DSSD...it is totally ridiculous. If you look at the Explorer or any other Rolex, clearly the company knows how to design a bracelet with fully articulating links!

It is such a huge whiff on an otherwise amazing watch that represents a tremendous value proposition. It is a real shame. Probably the reason why I rarely wear my BB58 unless it is on an MN strap.
Old 12 June 2021, 08:16 AM   #36
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

What did you decide OP?

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 08:46 AM   #37
Tanvo
"TRF" Member

I had the same problem and sold it.

A solution would be to drill an extra hole at the micro adjustment.
Tanvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 09:21 AM   #38
mbsquared
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 124060, Milgau
I got lucky mine fit like a glove right out of the casket. I will say I’m not a fan of the rivets. I bought the GMT on leather and got the strapcode bracelet. Best of both worlds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mbsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 10:21 PM   #39
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post

You know it's strange. I never even noticed the lack of articulation next to the clasp until I read this thread. I see what you mean about it elongating the clasp but it seems to depend a lot on wrist size and shape. My wrist is larger at ~7.5" and the non-articulating link causes me no issues at all. I guess it could be a problem on smaller wrists where it could create a gap between the link and wrist. It really works just fine for me. As for hair pulling I've never noticed this at all with this GMT or any Tudor I've owned. YMMV I suppose. One nice thing with Tudor is at least you can go take a close look at it before buying.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 10:44 PM   #40
Brny11
"TRF" Member

BB58 fits great for me. Sucks for your wrist size. I love the bracelet but I also keep a small iPhone sim pin on my keychain if ever need to extend the micro adjust.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 11:09 PM   #41
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Tudor BB58 Bracelet issue

The 58s are possibly the most comfortable watches I’ve owned. I have a 7.25 Wrist and no problems. I tend to have less links on 6 side which suits my wrist. The micro is in the last hole from about June to October then it goes back to the middle.

I generally wear it slightly looser than say a Sub C but I found the Sub C much less comfortable due to the massive clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 June 2021, 02:37 AM   #42
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
While I can appreciate and admire your Tudor brand loyalty, dismissing an issue reported by so many others as their fault and not the fact the watch comes as standard with too few sizing adjustment options is a little bit much on this occasion.

I've been lucky enough to own two modern Tudors with the faux rivetted bracelet (BB58 blue and previous BB Chrono), I could not get a good fit on either. It's funny how this was never been an issue with the 3 Omega and 3 Rolex I've owned.

I had issue with multiple Rolex, GS and Omega. Never with BB58. I agree wrist has a lot to do with it.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 04:51 AM   #43
thxv009
"TRF" Member

Same issue for me. Currently in Spain with temperatures around 26-30 degrees and I need 1 link more with the tightest micro adjustment. In the Morning it’s too loose. In Germany with 15-20 degrees 1 link less and the loosest adjustment is perfect but if it goes to 10 degrees even that is too loose…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
thxv009 is offline   Reply With Quote