The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 October 2021, 12:34 AM   #31
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopie View Post
Agreed. I picked my own watch (a ladies’ 29mm Yachtmaster, in my avatar) and wore it daily for 20 years. It is the only Rolex professional line watch made in a ladies’ size. I wore it with every attire, whether business, casual, or formal. That being said, I haven’t seen any other woman wear that watch (DJ seems to be the favorite).

A watch is very personal, and here on TRF guys weigh in with their subjective likes and dislikes about every watch (some TRFers don’t like the Daytona or Pepsi), and how details such as the color of the dial, the style of the indices, PCL vs. all brushed, smooth or fluted bezel, etc. “make or break” a particular watch for them. I’ve read more than one comment here on TRF on the DJ Wimbledon dial that the commenter can’t “unsee” the sole white stick at 9 o’clock, and that is a deal breaker, whereas for others the Wimbledon is their favorite DJ dial. For those guys in the former category, what if their wives surprised them with that very watch for a special occasion?

I recently got a DJ with Romans, which I love. To my surprise, my husband doesn’t like Romans at all (preferred style of watch indices is literally a conversation we’ve never had). He’s a sports watch guy, and has a Sub and a 16710. I couldn’t see him wearing a DJ, but if he did it would have sticks or Arabics.

By coincidence I was just watching one of Jenni Elle’s YouTube watch videos today and she, too, said that men should let a woman pick her own watch.

If you want to surprise her with something, get her a nice necklace, bracelet, pair of earrings, etc.

The fact that I picked out my own watch didn’t diminish the enjoyment one bit. We got it together, as an anniversary present, and I give him credit. It’s not something I would have ever just bought for myself.

Likewise, I encouraged my husband to get his 16710 a few years ago. We found it together, and bought it together. I’m certain he wouldn’t have just bought it for himself.

FWIW my MIL wore a ladies’ 26mm gold President DJ for about 40 years (it’s mine now). Although it’s small and very dressy, when I do wear it on formal occasions, the proportions are great. My female friends who wear DJ have the 31mm size.
Your post should be a sticky! There's a weekly thread with "What should I get my wife?" and the right answer is always "Whatever she wants."
amh is offline   Reply With Quote