The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 December 2021, 09:09 AM   #31
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekon View Post
It sounds to me the SA(Owners son) is leading you along.

Being family run, the hot models are likely going to family and friends and not to actual customers.
They will hold your deposits indefinitely, you will never see those watches.

Pull the money and move on. find brand thats retail network isnt trash
I'll politely disagree. ADs are in a difficult position with many being 15-20% down on promised allocations for 2021 - stay solid and go in with your parents and just be patient. Your watches will arrive.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 09:13 AM   #32
neekon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Pepsi, Bond60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
There is a lot of projection going on here. One wonders what it is about you that lead these ADs to prioritize others. You are the constant in your multiple AD interactions. You had a sad experience, or a few, and now you want to scorch the earth for others because of it. Find help.
The constant is i am not willing to just buy any model shown to me.

I have a few i like, and ill buy those. I have a few other brands i like, and ill buy those.

I hunted for 5yrs for my dream watch at the time, the BLNR, over the 5yrs i got more and more bitter. When i was finally offered it, it didnt feel like the happy moment i pictured. It felt bittersweet. I will never buy another Rolex again after the experience i have had.

I am not scorching the earth for anyone, i am sharing teh reality of the Rolex retail experience today for average people like me.
The reality is, for an average walk in buyer, you wont see the watches you put a deposit on or ask about.
neekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 09:14 AM   #33
neekon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
I'll politely disagree. ADs are in a difficult position with many being 15-20% down on promised allocations for 2021 - stay solid and go in with your parents and just be patient. Your watches will arrive.
Then dont take deposits, or return the desposits.

The watches wont arrive, thats the reality of Rolex today.
Old 30 December 2021, 09:34 AM   #34
neekon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is a lot of projection going on here. One wonders what it is about you that lead these ADs to prioritize others. You are the constant in your multiple AD interactions. You had a sad experience, or a few, and now you want to scorch the earth for others because of it. Find help.
Also, id like to add. I havent insulted you, or anyone else. Please dont insult me by telling me to seek help, or assuming anything about me.

My experience buying my, at the time, dream watch was horrible. It turned a dream come true into a nightmare.
I barely wear my BLNR anymore, but i wont sell it, because i dont flip watches.

And a lot of the reason for multiple ADs is because i moved from NY to Boston and then back to NY, so i had to start and restart relationships with various ADs.

I have moved on to other brands, and wont be buying another Rolex.. I am not alone. Rolex is and will continue to lose the average customer. Id love to see how these ADs are when times are tough for them.
Old 30 December 2021, 10:00 AM   #35
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Also, id like to add. I havent insulted you, or anyone else. Please dont insult me by telling me to seek help, or assuming anything about me.

My experience buying my, at the time, dream watch was horrible. It turned a dream come true into a nightmare.
I barely wear my BLNR anymore, but i wont sell it, because i dont flip watches.

And a lot of the reason for multiple ADs is because i moved from NY to Boston and then back to NY, so i had to start and restart relationships with various ADs.

I have moved on to other brands, and wont be buying another Rolex.. I am not alone. Rolex is and will continue to lose the average customer. Id love to see how these ADs are when times are tough for them.
A Rolex forum is a curious place to find a guy who’s bitter about Rolex. It kind of sounds like you just stopped by to crap on a new guy’s enthusiasm.

ADs aren’t monoliths. To project your experience onto every AD is truly holding the exception up as the rule. Personally I wouldn’t put a deposit down on a Rolex or any watch, they simply don’t mean that much to me, but if the OP has a relationship with an AD that he trusts then it’s just mean spirited to tell him that because one or three ADs on the other side of the country were mean to you then every AD is that way. If there were any absolutes in this hobby we’d all know how long we have to wait for our next watch but this hobby is populated by people, buyers and sellers, not monoliths and all ADs like all watch collectors are not the same.

I am truly sorry that poor service soured you on the brand. Those that slighted you are behind you now. The bitterness that you acknowledge just drags you down and it shows. The brand isn’t perfect, the watches aren’t perfect, the ADs aren’t perfect and neither are the clients. We are all individuals.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 10:01 AM   #36
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14790ba
I think ill stick with it a bit longer and get my father to call this time- hopefully the SA isn't "with a customer."
I live hours away from the dealer so popping in for a visit isn't easy and made even more difficult with winter being in full effect where i live. My parents live in another state so them popping in is kinda out of the question too.

I didn't expect the watches to show up overnight, but do expect better customer service when ordering tens of thousands of dollars worth of watches. Probably will be the last Rolex I pursue.
Old 30 December 2021, 10:13 AM   #37
neekon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A Rolex forum is a curious place to find a guy who’s bitter about Rolex. It kind of sounds like you just stopped by to crap on a new guy’s enthusiasm.

ADs aren’t monoliths. To project your experience onto every AD is truly holding the exception up as the rule. Personally I wouldn’t put a deposit down on a Rolex or any watch, they simply don’t mean that much to me, but if the OP has a relationship with an AD that he trusts then it’s just mean spirited to tell him that because one or three ADs on the other side of the country were mean to you then every AD is that way. If there were any absolutes in this hobby we’d all know how long we have to wait for our next watch but this hobby is populated by people, buyers and sellers, not monoliths and all ADs like all watch collectors are not the same.

I am truly sorry that poor service soured you on the brand. Those that slighted you are behind you now. The bitterness that you acknowledge just drags you down and it shows. The brand isn’t perfect, the watches aren’t perfect, the ADs aren’t perfect and neither are the clients. We are all individuals.
I am big watch fan, and i am on the forum to see if the state of things has changed, its just recently i have started posting. I also have been trying to get back into lookign at Rolexes again

I am not trying to shit on the OPs enthusiasm, i hope he is able to get his watches. I am just being a realist that with the information provided, it doesnt feel like the AD will come through, and they should look elsewhere.

I am aware that ADs are not one monolith, or one entity, i can only report on my experiences and my feelings. My new AD i have been shopping at seems to be a better experience, so maybe ill get one of the pieces i have wanted recently, but i dont have any hope or expectation.

i will admit i need to get past the bitterness, and my "passively" shopping for a couple pieces is one way to do that, but i cant help but harbor negative feelings toward Rolex.
Old 30 December 2021, 10:20 AM   #38
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
I am big watch fan, and i am on the forum to see if the state of things has changed, its just recently i have started posting. I also have been trying to get back into lookign at Rolexes again

I am not trying to shit on the OPs enthusiasm, i hope he is able to get his watches. I am just being a realist that with the information provided, it doesnt feel like the AD will come through, and they should look elsewhere.

I am aware that ADs are not one monolith, or one entity, i can only report on my experiences and my feelings. My new AD i have been shopping at seems to be a better experience, so maybe ill get one of the pieces i have wanted recently, but i dont have any hope or expectation.

i will admit i need to get past the bitterness, and my "passively" shopping for a couple pieces is one way to do that, but i cant help but harbor negative feelings toward Rolex.
Personally I hang on to my hope and let go of my expectations. It works for me.

Welcome to the forum.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote