The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2023, 04:33 AM   #31
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Based on the picture you shared, I actually think it looks great on you! But at the end of the day, you’re wearing it so you need to be happy with it!

-30 sec/day is an issue though, I would think they should definitely be able to fix that (even if it’s “within spec”, which I don’t think it is?).. maybe talk to your SA / boutique and see if they’re able to help? For reference, my 26240 chrono is the most accurate of any mechanical watch I’ve had - it runs +0.8-1 sec/day (I reset once a week on Sundays, and it typically gains 6-7 sec per week).. so the 4401 movement is definitely capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 04:37 AM   #32
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post

There it is!

I’ve been thinking a lot about 5226

Sorry to hear OP.
Looking at the picture I actually think it looks really good on you but if it doesn't speak to you, it doesn't speak to you.

I guess the onoy question I have is why did you turn buy it? You could have waited / asked for a RO (I did get one as my first), but you chose to buy something that you didn't really feel good about from day 1. That's more a you issue than an AP issue... Esp given that you did get a ROC!

I suggest speak to your boutique and tell them that you're not super in love and would it be possible to get a RO. I don't think a jumbo is your path, so it may be cheaper to sell your ROC, burn that bridge and get yourself a 15400/15450/15202 in the current market
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 04:37 AM   #33
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
You aren’t the only, I’ve passed the up on quite a few APs, even back in the day when you could get one for 25% off from the AD. Never really sang to me, always thought they look great but could never just get myself to pull the trigger on it.
Old 18 July 2023, 04:39 AM   #34
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chows99 View Post
You should know that you are fortunate to be allocated and yet still harbour so much grievances. AP RO is a great model and hope AP recognise that you are a seller eventually.
I think the OP could give a rats a$$ about what AP thinks at this point. And many others too fwiw.

Sounds like you may be on the list and I hope you get something you really want soon!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 04:54 AM   #35
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
makes perfect sense to me. Because the brand doesn't offer many watches in 39mm other than the jumpo and that's a super hard watch to get.

if the ROC is too big, it means all ROO and concepts will be too big, inlcuding the code. so what's left to buy to finally get the jumpo ? nothing really , which means there is no point in spending money and building a relationship
If strictly buying new pieces yes, I wasn’t restricting OP’s choices to only new models. The guys that fall into this ‘in between’ spectrum would LOVE the 15300 imo.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 05:14 AM   #36
hundreds
"TRF" Member

The silver/white dial ROC is actually my favorite dial for the ROC. The way it shines in different lighting is beautiful.
hundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 05:22 AM   #37
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
it seems the majority of your complaints are

too big
too thick
not right color

all of which can be alleviated by getting a different model and colorway. Not sure why you’d write off the entire brand because of that, but you do you
+1
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 05:54 AM   #38
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Ok, I tried to reply as best as possible.

First thanks everyone for the feedback. I want to state something first, is that since I first saw a RO in a magazine ad when I was much younger, it has stuck with me. It was actually a white dial 3 hands, which I thought looked like a golf ball somehow.
Fast forward to now, and I finally am in a position where I can afford a RO. This was a big milestone for me, an old dream even. Perhaps this is why I am bittersweet somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiRi View Post
I am also stuck in between - 41mm too big and 37mm not interesting enough (proportions and the non-inhouse movements).

That's why I stuck to the old 39mm ROCs and a 15300, also because I do not particularly like to play AD games and get "interviewed" to pay 10s of thousands for a watch ...

So for me, neo-vintage is clearly the way to go!
I agree that most of the Neo-vintages are interesting, especially the dual time 26120 IMO. The AD interviews bored me to no end. I'm nice and love to meet people, but when people ask me thrice in an hourlong interview what my role is within my company, it's getting annoying. Especially since, living in Switzerland, I see so many youngsters (from wealthy families, but still) donning ROs. Did they get interviewed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
I agree the 41 is too big. 39-40 is my sweet spot as well but if all hope is not lost yet, maybe try and get a 38 ROC? They wear much more like a 40 and think that's where I would go if I was going to get another chrono.
I would have loved the 38mm white blue to be honest, I even tried it and found to enjoy its composition. However it's discontinued and grey price don't inspire confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
I think it looks great on your wrist, but in the end you're the only one who has to like it ;-) 5226 is great, I love the "Leica" dial. I had the chance to try on the 5326 a few months ago...it's beautiful.
Thank you! For some reason I keep thinking about it. . Leica dial is the word :) The lugs are something else as well. I just find the price steep considering I'll have to order a deployment and custom leather from PP, since both they give aren't really to my taste. I had have a lot of fun trying the leather swatches at the boutique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I thought it looks good in the picture, but agree that the 26240 is pretty chunky. The 41mm RO/ROC was always quite big and the thickness for the 26240 adds to that impression. The 38mm chrono fixes both issues, but it's not quite clear how to arrange the exchange via the boutique, if one would want to go that way.

As is probably clear, I like the RO/ROC a lot. OTOH, I find the PP 5226 incredibly unattractive - not much sense arguing about matters of taste.
I can understand why 5226 would not interest you, it's certainly a strange combination of many things. I could have done without the almost faux-vintage lime to be honest. But the case hypnotises me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
Thats unfortunate OP. Well, the heart wants what the heart wants.

For me, I like my ROs big. The bigger, the better. I’m fully aware I’m exhibiting significant small-man-syndrome vibes…
I have a funny story about this. A friend of mine with slender wrists wears a 126660 Deep Sea. it goes much better on him than me. Sometimes, slender arms wear bigger watches better. Yours looks very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lig View Post
I think it looks pretty good on you but agree that 39mm is the RO sweet spot.
Thanks! If only the 39mm were accessible at the boutique ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberman View Post
i think you have missed watch is not accurate part... that is my biggest gripe with the brand as well.. to me, accuracy is paramount. It is not an issue with other brands i own, just AP.... I have sent watch to be worked on only to be told it is within specs.. it is consistently slow by up to 30 seconds per day..
Exactly. I synchronised it to my iPhone at the same time as my daily (submariner 126610) and while the sub goes a few seconds here and there each week, the Royal Oak just seems to approximate time. Which is an issue because I need to know when meetings start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusTreeFiddy View Post
I feel your pain OP, the size can seem brutal, but some people love that sort of presence on the wrist. Each to their own, and what youre saying isn't crazy at all

Would thoroughly recommend trying the similar 37mm RO if you get the chance however. They wear larger than their stated size, the white dial improves the perceived size from far away, and it has that elegance you might be after
Thanks! I am interested in the 37mm indeed, but I would need to study the lug profile at the boutique. That's one of the pet peeves I have with 26240. They are chunky instead of long and thin, like GG envisioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgottsman11 View Post
Are you forgetting about the 15300 in 39mm? That's the best watch in the AP lineup in my opinion
It has tons of quality and style, but the counter mass somehow doesn't fit with me. I have the same issue with Daytona (and many Omegas). That's one of the reasons I thought 26240 would appeal to me, the nice symmetrical counter mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
If it doesn’t do it for you, fair enough.

However I think it looks fantastic on you.
I appreciate it! Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Have you looked at the 15300 in blue? Seems to be exactly what you are asking for
It's definitely nice, but counter mass + grey price are steering me away. Perhaps I should still try to find a grey with it locally and wear it for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
My suggestion as well. I have the 37mm RO and 38mm ROC and I feel the 39mm 15300 has the best proportions for most wrist sizes.
15300 seems to be very popular here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies View Post
Looks pretty damn good to me, but if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I personally love the 41mm size and it's perfect for me so I myself am glad there's a brand out there not going super tiny but they do offer 34,37,38,39 so it's not like they don't have other sizes.

That said, it looks great on you IMHO but if you don't love it move on.

I'm wearing a code now and it's fantastic...words I never thought I'd say...maybe look at the new SS code chronos. I'll post a pic in a min
I did try the older generation of codes, my impression was very positive, despite what I might say sometimes. The key issue I have (or had) was the price point for a thick three hander, and I was unimpressed by the chrono despite enjoying the novelty.
I also understand some people like you would prefer slightly thicker watches. Somehow there is a Goldilocks area for which 26240 aims but misses slightly. Looking from the opposite side of the pushers (from 9'O Clock), all I see is a wall of metal that reminds me of my 126660.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post
Based on the picture you shared, I actually think it looks great on you! But at the end of the day, you’re wearing it so you need to be happy with it!

-30 sec/day is an issue though, I would think they should definitely be able to fix that (even if it’s “within spec”, which I don’t think it is?).. maybe talk to your SA / boutique and see if they’re able to help? For reference, my 26240 chrono is the most accurate of any mechanical watch I’ve had - it runs +0.8-1 sec/day (I reset once a week on Sundays, and it typically gains 6-7 sec per week).. so the 4401 movement is definitely capable.
Interesting. I've heard so many things from 4410. Though I would say I'm a bit past this. The honeymoon was over quickly :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
You aren’t the only, I’ve passed the up on quite a few APs, even back in the day when you could get one for 25% off from the AD. Never really sang to me, always thought they look great but could never just get myself to pull the trigger on it.
You know, perhaps I have the same sentiment as you. I like it in a vacuum and online, but on my wrist it doesn't sing. The bracelet is beautiful and when I see someone with a variant, I recognise the style immediately. It's simply not working at that moment, for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
I think the OP could give a rats a$$ about what AP thinks at this point. And many others too fwiw.

Sounds like you may be on the list and I hope you get something you really want soon!
Yes, I mean what are they gonna do? Not sell me a 16202? That seems to have been the plan anyhow
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 08:31 AM   #39
wb55
"TRF" Member

I think that’s the longest multi quote I’ve ever seen

I’m about to send a 9 month old ROO 43 back for service for the 3rd time and am so annoyed that I’ve been thinking about exiting the brand for a few weeks now.

You spend years wanting and saving and when you finally get there it just isn’t what you thought it was. Expectations too high, just wondering if the brand set those expectations or if I did.

Can spend lots more or lots less but ultimately you can’t beat rolex.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 08:52 AM   #40
Reign
"TRF" Member

Sucks but I get it. Not going to satisfy everyone and no brand is perfect.

Glad you got a chance to try it out and have it play out versus someone just telling you. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 09:15 AM   #41
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I gave up on the brand since I was a small fish in a big pond and would never be allocated anything. Completely understand just wish times were different. If only I was in the position I'm in now 10 years ago when they could be had for discounts lol
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 10:49 AM   #42
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Let me start by saying I appreciate AP a lot, and that I completely understand why people love them.

However after years of lusting and finally getting my ROC, I just think this is not for me; I feel like I’ve fallen pray to the emperor’s clothes story.

I’ve tried many models from AP, and was allowed to place a wish for 26240 in white. A few months ago, I finally got it and from day 1 I’ve had doubts.

First thing that struck me, was that white wasn’t that of a great color. Then the thickness, it was thick for a luxury chronograph. The caliber is nice but again, nothing to write home about IMO. I understand the price point isn’t high enough to warrant impressive bevel and inner angles, and there are some present, but living alongside heavy machined finish.

And then the chronometric performance. People complain about 3235 accuracy, well let me tell you it’s a high end quartz movement compared to what AP has produced. It’s simply just my least reliable watch.

41mm is too large for my wrist for the dial, and even for the bracelet. You end up with something that should be beautiful, but isn’t. The lugs are not those of a Royal oak. They are thick and the side profile feels like a caricature of a RO.

In some aspects I find the watch pretty, but the fact it’s not my color or even model, I’m not happy. I don’t regret buying it, but two things annoy me:

1) if I now ask for another dial color, or even a 3 hands RO, I know I will get it even as a new customer. This was confirmed by some friends of mine who registered their interest. When I asked for a RO back then; 26240 white was all they would register my interest on. Yes I know I should feel lucky to have bypassed the CODE mandatory buy, but still.

2) I now feel that no RO is interesting. Besides the Jumbo (which I will never get) or the 37mm (which are slightly too small), there is nothing in the catalogue for me.

So now I’m faced with the obvious conclusion: AP is simply not for me. I wish it was but the RO, CODE, don’t look good on my wrist.

I sometimes force myself to wear my ROC, and it’s night and day when I put back my daily (Sub). Yes it’s not pretty from some angles, but the comfort and peace of mind I have with it is a stark contrast against the ROC.

I’ll probably be selling my ROC (and killing the relationship with it) but that is how it is.
How about trading it for a 38mm ROC or a 39mm older ROC? If it is thickness than the 41mm 26331st is a good 1 to 1.5mm thinner.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 11:30 AM   #43
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I think 38mm or 39mm would be better fit for most wrist.

I have 15500OR with full bracelet and love it so much, lately I just bought 39 mm ROC WG with alligator strap and love it also.

I wear AP from 36mm to 41mm, 39mm seems to be the best size for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP 15500OR-4.jpg (181.2 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg AP 26022BC-6.jpg (79.9 KB, 525 views)
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 11:30 AM   #44
7sins
"TRF" Member

IMO sounds like you picked the wrong watch, not the wrong brand. Look into the 26715 38mm ROC, it optically wears much larger than just 1m to the 15550 37mm due to the pushers. We share slightly similar wrists, you can see below, the 38mm ROC is a much better fit than my 41MM ROC. If you go 41mm, I found I much prefer the thin case in the QP as that fits better than the normal and larger size cases, still believe the 39mm is perfect. The 39mm RO will wear very similar to a 38mm ROC.

37mm, dial is too small in person, looks like it wears better in photos.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 04:55 PM   #45
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
I think that’s the longest multi quote I’ve ever seen

I’m about to send a 9 month old ROO 43 back for service for the 3rd time and am so annoyed that I’ve been thinking about exiting the brand for a few weeks now.

You spend years wanting and saving and when you finally get there it just isn’t what you thought it was. Expectations too high, just wondering if the brand set those expectations or if I did.

Can spend lots more or lots less but ultimately you can’t beat rolex.
That’s really disappointing about the ROL Wiley and I don’t blame you about being annoyed. Having the same RO as you, exciting the brand wouldn’t be an option for me.

Maybe you should pull the trigger on the blue sky
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 06:33 PM   #46
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s really disappointing about the ROL Wiley and I don’t blame you about being annoyed. Having the same RO as you, exciting the brand wouldn’t be an option for me.

Maybe you should pull the trigger on the blue sky

I’ve got until Saturday to decide on the SkyDweller but I probably won’t go for it. Mental tug of war at the minute.

I was probably being a bit extreme re exit the brand, but I think I probably will exit the ROO but I may have to wait for their preowned offering toward the end of the year to give it back. I’ll see what they say.

One issue is fair but it came back with fluff on the dial and after going away for the second time it looks like there’s a scratch or a tiny hair on the underside of the sapphire caseback. You can only see it when the rotor is behind it so I get why they might have missed it but it’s incredibly slack for 36k.
Old 18 July 2023, 11:31 PM   #47
vliberman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve got until Saturday to decide on the SkyDweller but I probably won’t go for it. Mental tug of war at the minute.

I was probably being a bit extreme re exit the brand, but I think I probably will exit the ROO but I may have to wait for their preowned offering toward the end of the year to give it back. I’ll see what they say.

One issue is fair but it came back with fluff on the dial and after going away for the second time it looks like there’s a scratch or a tiny hair on the underside of the sapphire caseback. You can only see it when the rotor is behind it so I get why they might have missed it but it’s incredibly slack for 36k.
Skydweller is a great watch (I own oysterflex version). Probably the most accurate watch I own. Amazing functionality and bullet proof.
vliberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 11:53 PM   #48
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:

Now you’ve said that, I’ve just recalled you posting your issue on TZ so I can fully see why you’re not happy. It’s just hassle for you and I think I’d feel the same. It’s probably an issue to sell the ROO and keep an ongoing relationship with AP, so hopefully their pre owned offering is a good solution for you.

As to the blue sky I love mine and if I could only have one Rolex, it would be that. Most versatile and best complication for the money. However we can’t buy and own everything (well some people on here can ) so it’s down to priorities. Hope things pan out for you.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 11:59 PM   #49
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Congrats and condolences on the watch.

The state of luxury is sad when we don't get enough time with the product and only after spending the large sum (and time jumping hoops) to realize it's not quite what we wanted.

I agree with all the other astute suggestions that maybe last gen ROC, 37m ROC, or any other smaller case size might meet your fancy better.

They are thick, I could never get over that, but again if you see a past post you will see I mostly daily a PQ now for the thickness reason.

Hopefully you find the one that matches you perfectly. I'd even go so far as to say pay the Code tax, get back in line for another RO that is the color and size you want. No reason to be unhappy with a watch when more money can tweak the problem to perfection.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 12:07 AM   #50
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberman View Post
Skydweller is a great watch (I own oysterflex version). Probably the most accurate watch I own. Amazing functionality and bullet proof.

Hmm, helpful but not helping!
Old 19 July 2023, 12:24 AM   #51
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now you’ve said that, I’ve just recalled you posting your issue on TZ so I can fully see why you’re not happy. It’s just hassle for you and I think I’d feel the same. It’s probably an issue to sell the ROO and keep an ongoing relationship with AP, so hopefully their pre owned offering is a good solution for you.

As to the blue sky I love mine and if I could only have one Rolex, it would be that. Most versatile and best complication for the money. However we can’t buy and own everything (well some people on here can ) so it’s down to priorities. Hope things pan out for you.

The relationship aspect is the issue. I’m going to tell them I no longer wish to own it and ask for the correct way to dispose. Hopefully via them.

Thought I was done with the SkyDweller decision but maybe not! May chop in the BLNR towards it, we’ll see.
Old 19 July 2023, 12:50 AM   #52
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

I have the same watch as the O/P.........but with none of the "issues" whatsoever.

Love mine and very happy with it

GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 12:51 AM   #53
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The relationship aspect is the issue. I’m going to tell them I no longer wish to own it and ask for the correct way to dispose. Hopefully via them.

Thought I was done with the SkyDweller decision but maybe not! May chop in the BLNR towards it, we’ll see.
That's a shame to hear about your ROO 43 Wiley. Do let us know what AP UK suggest as a fix, or as an out for you of that watch.

Had no issues with my own '21 ROO 43 so think you've been pretty unlucky with the problems you've documents here and on TZ.

Best of luck

And I'd have to concur on the Skydweller too. It's just an immense watch for the money, be that MSRP or the modest premium you'd mentioned...
Old 19 July 2023, 01:03 AM   #54
Gandor
"TRF" Member

I think the 41 chrono looks really good on your wrist tbh, a lot of people oversize when buying an AP but I think it fits you nicely.
Gandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 05:52 AM   #55
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
IMO sounds like you picked the wrong watch, not the wrong brand. Look into the 26715 38mm ROC, it optically wears much larger than just 1m to the 15550 37mm due to the pushers. We share slightly similar wrists, you can see below, the 38mm ROC is a much better fit than my 41MM ROC. If you go 41mm, I found I much prefer the thin case in the QP as that fits better than the normal and larger size cases, still believe the 39mm is perfect. The 39mm RO will wear very similar to a 38mm ROC.

That pic shows how much better the 38 wears. The 41 is just too big.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 06:01 AM   #56
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
That pic shows how much better the 38 wears. The 41 is just too big.
On that wrist, yes…..but other sizes (wrists and watches!) are available

Chronos always wear a tad larger.
Old 19 July 2023, 06:02 AM   #57
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Totally...the 38 looks like a kids watch on me...so I'm glad they make sizes for all
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 03:44 PM   #58
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

Agree with everything you said OP, and I am also done with AP. Have a 15400sr and honestly not interested in one watch companies in general anymore.

ROCs are all too thick. In my view, the ROC should look as elegant as the time and date only ROs as opposed to looking like an offshore almost.

Why is renaud and papi creating movements for RM as opposed to making sure they can achieve the best possible movements for basic ROs and ROCs? Why are they only creating nice movements for the very complicated AP watches? My 15400sr timekeeping is all over the place, regularly 5 minutes early / 3 minutes late after a week of wearing.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 07:45 PM   #59
deuxani
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Totally...the 38 looks like a kids watch on me...so I'm glad they make sizes for all
That's a bit of an exaggeration That would also make a Daytona wear like a kids watch too.

But yeah, different tastes for different people. Some people with large wrists want small watches and some people with small wrists want big watches... and everything in between. And then even depending on the model (thickness, blingyness, etc).
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2023, 08:14 PM   #60
DonLee
"TRF" Member

i think that white/silver is the best color. however it does make the watch look even bigger, not exactly kind to small wrist people. you probably should have gone for the 38mm. The ROC feels rather thicker because it's also a flyback chrono with exhibition caseback.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote