The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 17 August 2023, 04:31 PM   #31
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
That's conclusive then and clearly confirms there are no issues whatsoever with the 32** series movements.

Well done OP on cracking this case, I just wish you chimed in earlier with your hard facts

In all seriousness, well done for picking up a good one. Your anecdote seems to be having a happy ending. Unfortunately I've got two anecdotal stories that completley contradict your experience.
Old 17 August 2023, 09:01 PM   #32
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
My previous 2021 Subdate41 had 0 issues too, ran the same way as your SD. Same goes for my BLRO.
Old 17 August 2023, 09:46 PM   #33
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Unfortunately I've got two anecdotal stories that completley contradict your experience.
I’ve had 6. In all fairness I’ve also had 3 good examples.
Old 17 August 2023, 10:03 PM   #34
BlakeA
"TRF" Member

It’s just man jewelry. If you want to know the “exact” time, look at your phone.
Old 17 August 2023, 10:23 PM   #35
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Your experience for 10 watches with 32xx movements, facts summary:

- 5 watches sold (outside specs)
- 1 watch now at RSC (outside specs)
- 1 new watch from 01/2023 (outside specs)
- 1 watch after RSC repair in 01/2023 (outside specs)

- 1 good watch (05/2023)
- 1 excellent watch (07/2019)

- Failure rate: 80%

Details here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=4341
Old 17 August 2023, 10:38 PM   #36
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
I have the SD43 since shortly after its release a few years back and must say that I really like it. It does wear bigger than some other Rolexes that I am fortunate to have, but I think you get used to this after a while. It's great in terms of design and construction, and like any mechanical watch, I don't get too up tight above split second accuracy.
Old 17 August 2023, 10:58 PM   #37
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Your experience for 10 watches with 32xx movements, facts summary:

- 5 watches sold (outside specs)
- 1 watch now at RSC (outside specs)
- 1 new watch from 01/2023 (outside specs)
- 1 watch after RSC repair in 01/2023 (outside specs)

- 1 good watch (05/2023)
- 1 excellent watch (07/2019)

- Failure rate: 80%

Details here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=4341
I had a similar impression, three good examples out of nine or ten expensive purchases is disastrous.
Old 17 August 2023, 11:52 PM   #38
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
I've had my SD43 Mk1 ever since it was released! It's been amazing watch and easily keeps time to +1s for an entire month. The only time I set it is when a month is shorter than 31 days.
Congrats! It's very satisfying when you have good example like that.

(Conversely of course, that highlights how deeply unsatisfying it is for people when they get a bad one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeA View Post
It’s just man jewelry. If you want to know the “exact” time, look at your phone.
Gotta say, I never understand that school of thought. Where do we draw the line? If the date wheel doesn't change when it should, do we say, "It's just man jewellery. If you want to know the date, just look at a calendar"? Or if a watch lets water in, do we say, "Oh well, it's man jewellery. If you want 'water proof' then wear a dive computer"? In both those instances the watch has failed to properly do something it was designed to do. Personally I don't see how timekeeping (which is the entire 'raison d'être' for a watch anyway) is any different.
Old 18 August 2023, 04:24 AM   #39
Dreamy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Congrats! It's very satisfying when you have good example like that.

(Conversely of course, that highlights how deeply unsatisfying it is for people when they get a bad one).

Gotta say, I never understand that school of thought. Where do we draw the line? If the date wheel doesn't change when it should, do we say, "It's just man jewellery. If you want to know the date, just look at a calendar"? Or if a watch lets water in, do we say, "Oh well, it's man jewellery. If you want 'water proof' then wear a dive computer"? In both those instances the watch has failed to properly do something it was designed to do. Personally I don't see how timekeeping (which is the entire 'raison d'être' for a watch anyway) is any different.

Here’s some data:

Easy E 33 posts in the “disappointed “ thread

Driver8 27 posts in the “disappointed “ thread

60 combined posts of disappointment. Add

Devildog and his 43 “disappointed “ posts

and we are at 103 “disappointed “ posts not including those in the “very pleased” thread.
Old 18 August 2023, 06:04 AM   #40
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

No complaints here. 2022 model running beautifully.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1265.jpeg (88.9 KB, 224 views)
Old 18 August 2023, 06:49 AM   #41
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

283... very nice!

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 18 August 2023, 07:13 AM   #42
Commander C.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Nice (selective) try. The author of that article also has a 2385 which had the low amplitude/slowing issues

After about a year of wearing it, the movement lost amplitude and slowed incredibly

But good top see your SD43 is fine so far
I think you mean that the author of the article had a 3285, not a 2385, movement. And based on that authority --cited by AMH -- the 32XX failure rate appears to be 50%. And it could be 100%, because the author's Sea Dweller may simply not have had enough time to fail. Yikes! This is even worse than the 25-30% failure rate in the RF poll.
Old 18 August 2023, 07:21 AM   #43
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Here’s some data:

Easy E 33 posts in the “disappointed “ thread

Driver8 27 posts in the “disappointed “ thread

60 combined posts of disappointment. Add

Devildog and his 43 “disappointed “ posts

and we are at 103 “disappointed “ posts not including those in the “very pleased” thread.
That's some impressive counting skills you have there. I'm glad to know you took the time to plough through all 27 pages and 799 posts to prove... something. And three times as well.

To be honest though, in the Top Trumps of "disappointed" thread posters, I think you're probably missing some of the big players. Try "Dirt" or "amh" next time - I bet they'll have some strong numbers too, and they'd probably love to know their stats as well.

Keep up the good work.
Old 18 August 2023, 07:59 AM   #44
Dreamy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
That's some impressive counting skills you have there. I'm glad to know you took the time to plough through all 27 pages and 799 posts to prove... something. And three times as well.

To be honest though, in the Top Trumps of "disappointed" thread posters, I think you're probably missing some of the big players. Try "Dirt" or "amh" next time - I bet they'll have some strong numbers too, and they'd probably love to know their stats as well.

Keep up the good work.
Actually it took only a few minutes, just go to the member profile, pick show all posts then simply count those with the title, which is in bold to make it even easier.

So really it was child’s play, certainly less time consuming than actually posting that number of comments, over and over again on the same issue. Of course, we’ll have to add another post to your “very pleased” count, which I’m guessing won’t be your last.
Old 18 August 2023, 08:08 AM   #45
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually it took only a few minutes, just go to the member profile, pick show all posts then simply count those with the title, which is in bold to make it even easier.

So really it was child’s play, certainly less time consuming than actually posting that number of comments, over and over again on the same issue. Of course, we’ll have to add another post to your “very pleased” count, which I’m guessing won’t be your last.
All the best.
Old 18 August 2023, 07:15 PM   #46
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I had to do a double take on the thread title …

Glad to hear you’re seeing such great results
Have to agree Brian but although this thread was about those happy with the 32 movement. The anti 32 movement group had to appear, seems like to me there only purpose on forum lately is to bash the 32 movements at every opportunity.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 18 August 2023, 07:24 PM   #47
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Refreshing to hear.
Old 18 August 2023, 11:05 PM   #48
MINOLI
"TRF" Member

My SD43 is about +1 second per day, running great. It was previously sent in for running slow a few years ago, has been great since.

My BLRO is running about 4-5 minutes slow after 3 weeks, will unfortunately be going in for service soon.
Old 18 August 2023, 11:17 PM   #49
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree Brian but although this thread was about those happy with the 32 movement. The anti 32 movement group had to appear, seems like to me there only purpose on forum lately is to bash the 32 movements at every opportunity.
X2. How about it???

Is there a paid outside source to purposely spread pessimistic propaganda against the 32 series movement on TRF??? This is way past crazy ex girlfriend obsession with the same players and it seems laser focused to crap on anything 32 series.
Old 18 August 2023, 11:33 PM   #50
Majin Buu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust now
My Sub is withing specs, very consistent at -1.4 seconds a day,
tested over 2 weeks.

J.
Old 19 August 2023, 12:16 AM   #51
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Thanks! Bet that within ten comments a Debbie Downer would appear, lost but went double or nothing on within twenty. Feels like a win despite breaking even.

So funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 August 2023, 12:19 AM   #52
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
32xx is an exceptional movement … perhaps the best. Own several; all extremely tight.

Old 19 August 2023, 01:13 AM   #53
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Look, we are all Rolex fans around here.

I’ve loved Rolex ever since I was a little boy, and consider myself extremely lucky to have bought 4 different versions.

I find it insulting and damn right rude, that my experiences with these high value items that I adore, happen to have developed faults, are dismissed out of hand by members that in all other walks of this forum provide excellent contributions and are highly respected.

Just because the likes of @Mystro, @Padi56, Paul ( @TheVTCGuy ) and @amh - all members I respect highly, are lucky enough not to have had issues with theirs, I simply can’t understand how these otherwise standup and sensible people can be so dismissive about those who have had issues?

Like I said, I’m a Rolex fanboy. The last thing I want is for something that is so precious to me (and I really do love my Rolex watches) to go wrong and I certainly don’t enjoy moaning on the internet about it. But this is a Rolex forum, if I can’t discuss the issues I’ve had with slow movements on either my 124060 Sub, or 126710 BLNR, please let me know where I can discuss this?

There is no agenda here (well not on my part anyway). I understand that may not be the case for everyone who bashed the 32** movements. But are you so blinkered by Rolex rose tinted spectacles that you can’t at least empathise or admit there could be a problem? Or at least be less rude and dismissive of those that have?

I love being a part of this forum and understand people may not always appreciate my direct manner. But come on, we are all grownups here.

If you’ve had a positive experience with your 32** movement, I am genuinely happy for you. I don’t dismiss your positive experience like other dismiss my negative one’s.

Anyways, rant over. But can we all just be a little bit more civil about this going forward?

Old 19 August 2023, 01:25 AM   #54
rkim11
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
My DJ41 bought 6/2020 used to run +3 a day with dial up overnight. Never actually looked at what it did on wrist or overnight. Now it runs +0 on wrist and +1 overnight dial up. Still happy..
Old 19 August 2023, 01:38 AM   #55
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Look, we are all Rolex fans around here.

I’ve loved Rolex ever since I was a little boy, and consider myself extremely lucky to have bought 4 different versions.

I find it insulting and damn right rude, that my experiences with these high value items that I adore, happen to have developed faults, are dismissed out of hand by members that in all other walks of this forum provide excellent contributions and are highly respected.

Just because the likes of @Mystro, @Padi56, Paul ( @TheVTCGuy ) and @amh - all members I respect highly, are lucky enough not to have had issues with theirs, I simply can’t understand how these otherwise standup and sensible people can be so dismissive about those who have had issues?

Like I said, I’m a Rolex fanboy. The last thing I want is for something that is so precious to me (and I really do love my Rolex watches) to go wrong and I certainly don’t enjoy moaning on the internet about it. But this is a Rolex forum, if I can’t discuss the issues I’ve had with slow movements on either my 124060 Sub, or 126710 BLNR, please let me know where I can discuss this?

There is no agenda here (well not on my part anyway). I understand that may not be the case for everyone who bashed the 32** movements. But are you so blinkered by Rolex rose tinted spectacles that you can’t at least empathise or admit there could be a problem? Or at least be less rude and dismissive of those that have?

I love being a part of this forum and understand people may not always appreciate my direct manner. But come on, we are all grownups here.

If you’ve had a positive experience with your 32** movement, I am genuinely happy for you. I don’t dismiss your positive experience like other dismiss my negative one’s.

Anyways, rant over. But can we all just be a little bit more civil about this going forward?

Look in the real world no one is saying the 32 movement might develop a fault, fact some might slow down while some might not. And many of these issues could be simply down to owners wearing habits. So even if they do slow down by a few or many seconds out of 86400 in a day its not the end of the world. When I bought my new car a few years back manufacturer quoted I would get a 53 MPG in urban driving, but myself have never achieved this. Why because when driving in the real world many variables, which is a lot different when tested in a controlled test environment same for watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 19 August 2023, 01:40 AM   #56
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Another 32xx propaganda post.

Waiting for all the ‘Been consistently +0.01sec for over a year’ yes, in a sock drawer in a 34 watch rotation. Wear it for 2yrs straight and see what time it is. The watch thinks it’s Tony Montana’s heart after doing a full face plant on his desk’s Bolivian Mont Blanc by week 9 on the wrist for normal people.

IBTL on this thing!!!! The 32xx is a nightmare!!!!
Old 19 August 2023, 01:45 AM   #57
rkim11
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Another 32xx propaganda post.

Waiting for all the ‘Been consistently +0.01sec for over a year’ yes, in a sock drawer in a 34 watch rotation. Wear it for 2yrs straight and see what time it is. The watch thinks it’s Tony Montana’s heart after doing a full face plant on his desk’s Bolivian Mont Blanc by week 9 on the wrist for normal people.

IBTL on this thing!!!! The 32xx is a nightmare!!!!
Been wearing mine daily. Not saying there haven’t been problems but I’ve been allright is what I’m saying.
Old 19 August 2023, 02:05 AM   #58
ironchips
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's conclusive then and clearly confirms there are no issues whatsoever with the 32** series movements.

Well done OP on cracking this case, I just wish you chimed in earlier with your hard facts

In all seriousness, well done for picking up a good one. Your anecdote seems to be having a happy ending. Unfortunately I've got two anecdotal stories that completley contradict your experience.
Some happy
Some Sad
Both have a 32xx
Thread

Poetry, it's my second greatest gift...
Old 19 August 2023, 02:23 AM   #59
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Don’t get too discouraged as my 2yr old 32 series Sub has ran non stop on a winder or on my wrist and hasn’t deviated its -1.45 second a day accuracy since new. Even hyper focusing on it with a Timegrapher substantiate its real world performance.
Old 19 August 2023, 04:50 AM   #60
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

I’ll be more impressed if the happy people are still happy five years from now
Closed Thread