The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 September 2023, 12:16 AM   #31
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobber76 View Post
To my knowledge I have never had anything stolen. However, I never take my watch off. And never will. They can take me to the person in charge, watch stays on. Never had anyone insist I remove it.
Good luck with that in many parts of the world where security is a step above.
Old 19 September 2023, 12:30 AM   #32
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
I don’t understand how TSA is stealing from carry ons? I travel with a backpack and carryon suit case for 99% of my travel. If I bring a second watch it goes in my backpack and I watch it go through scanning. They are never alone with my bag and it’s never out of sight other than when it’s in the x ray machine. Granted, this is all domestic travel and little BVI in there as well.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 12:41 AM   #33
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
If by "weapons" you mean corkscrews and pocket knives, they're excellent of stripping you of your tools.

Most anyone who gets caught with an "unmentionable" I've read about was legally allowed to carry it in their daily life then forgot to remove it from their carry on.

Otherwise seems like 99% of their job is stripping people of their water bottles, and any real home runs would likely be derived from tips from the DHS and FBI whose sole dedication is spotting threats to society. Realistically the TSA seems like a legal front for other agencies illegal surveillance to me.

Either we're not as safe as we're lead to believe, or the world really isn't that bad of a place. I don't think the TSA moves the needle one way or another. They've only increased security after sh**ing the bed; and their increased security measures fail year after year when tested. So not too sure how they succeed without significant outside help.

Even with the FBIs ability to illegally spy on citizens with government permission leads to horrible results, 192,000 instances of illegal surveillance in a 3 year period with one conviction. These guys don't know the first thing about spotting terrorists it seems. It really just seems like we're lucky there aren't more terrorists. But to think they can do their job without crossing ethical boundaries is laughable, even when they legally rid them; they can't seem to do their job.

To answer your question Steven, I really don't have faith that these TSA agents with 120 hrs worth of training are capable of handling the job their tasked with. Especially when you look at how effective the FBI is with even more authority. These guys are glorified rent a cops, they're not stopping international terrorism without being given a map on where to look before hand.
Best assessment I've read. Reality is they probably aren't doing anything regarding stopping real terrorism threats.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote