The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 December 2023, 06:55 AM   #31
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlodan View Post
Thanks Stan,
I tried a couple of times but it tells me the images are too big to reduce the file size. I’m personally often disappointed by blurry photos, so I’d prefer to get good quality photos to you if i can
This is a 257 kiloByte attachment (1000 x 750 pixels). You need more definition than this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220629_095946.jpg (257.6 KB, 63 views)
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2023, 09:24 AM   #32
arinsd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Welcome to the forum!

I feel that this is a great community with a common interest. If you spend enough time here you’ll see topics from watch movements to dealing with the the passing of a family member. Really awesome and supportive people here.

Enjoy!
arinsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 01:05 PM   #33
Manlodan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster 168.024
New Member- My Impressions of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Welcome to the forum. Your Tudor is great. Get those pics rolling.

Also know this, you don’t have to have a box of Pateks to be a real enthusiast.

Thanks, will do! I know mine is pretty well worn, but I believe it’s all original, minus a potential bracelet replacement, and it shows no signs of case polishing to my eye. After I got it, I did go over the center links and sides with a jewelry polishing cloth, but I think the brushing is in decent enough condition, so I’ll forget about it until I decide to service. The photos make it look pretty bad, but it actually looks quite nice from the wrist, especially with the excellent condition of the dial. This is likely the most expensive watch I’ll be able to buy for a long time at $938USD, but I’m quite happy with what I got for that price :)

!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18 December 2023, 02:06 PM   #34
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Thanks for being a member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 03:28 PM   #35
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlodan View Post
Hello!
I have been interested in watches for a little over 2 years since my brother gave me a vintage Seiko 5, and I stayed away from this forum for a while, since I felt like Rolex was so far away from anything I would aspire to/be interested in. I also felt like it must be a haven for snobby behavior. As a result, I have spent a fair amount of time in a different large watch forum (no use naming names, you can probably guess which though.)

Over time, I have noticed more and more extremely toxic behavior on that forum and in other watch media, unlike anything I’ve seen in other hobbies. Shaming for lack of knowledge, berating, unconstructive criticism, and a general lack of empathy or social awareness, so much so that I felt it must be endemic in the hobby..

until I came here, that is. What I’ve seen and experienced is a kind, welcoming, positive atmosphere with people who have nothing to prove, and want others to enjoy the hobby as they do. It’s been really satisfying to see. With the help of some members here, I have gotten a hold of my first watch fit for the forum, a Tudor Prince Oysterdate. I’m enjoying the wealth of information here, and as soon as I get permission to post links to pictures I’ll be inquiring about it here, as it seems to be a somewhat unusual reference.

In short, thanks for being a great place to be :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JownHowever View Post
I also registered recently and am very surprised by the excellent community of successful guys. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to you both!! Always glad to meet new fellow watch nerds
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote