The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 5 April 2020, 11:36 PM   #571
Swiss2311
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17RUK View Post
It’s happening guys- Pepsi on eBay under MSRP

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133372461985
116710blnr
126711chnr
Old 5 April 2020, 11:44 PM   #572
poyezd
"TRF" Member

The problem is you can ask whatever you want. So if you keep asking 13-14k for a BLNR it “appears” like things are holding steady. What we really need are actual sales figures which are hard to come by. If somebody is asking 13.5k but accepts 11.5k all we see is sold on the 13.5k asking price.

It’s a crowded trade everybody is holding on like there is no problem but once a few people need to liquidate it’ll be a race to the bottom (where the support is...presumably that’s roughly MSRP). There is a liquidity crunch out there and nobody is trusting anyone’s credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 April 2020, 11:58 PM   #573
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Interesting. You say that with certainty. Tell me will Tampa Bay win the Super Bowl this year with Tom Brady?
As Charles Barkley says: I may be wrong, but I doubt it. ;)
Old 5 April 2020, 11:59 PM   #574
L.K Johnson
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:

Fat case and all! Probably not polished!
Old 6 April 2020, 12:00 AM   #575
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss2311 View Post
In my opinion prices will go down, but not as much as people say .. Time will tell .. Excuse me if I offended someone with my screenshots.
By giving us real time price information? Ignore some of these clowns. Thanks for your posts!
Old 6 April 2020, 12:14 AM   #576
Swiss2311
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
By giving us real time price information? Ignore some of these clowns. Thanks for your posts!
You're welcome :)
116710blnr
126711chnr
Old 6 April 2020, 12:17 AM   #577
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post

Agree, for me these conversations make the forum interesting. Clearly we have a lot of people who “invested” in watches and then there are the people who are “purist” watch collectors. Even more interesting are people who are watch collectors but want to make sure they don’t lose money on the hobby either buying MSRP or “better prices” deals. The conversations are great for the forum, in my personal view. Keep ‘em comin’!! Happy Sunday.

Old 6 April 2020, 12:47 AM   #578
Swiss2311
"TRF" Member

I'm a watch collector, at least I'm trying to be one. All of my Rolex watches were purchased at MSRP, but I won't lie, it makes me very happy when my Daytona is worth almost double than its MSRP.
Until now I didn't sell any of my watches, and I don't intend to.
116710blnr
126711chnr
Old 6 April 2020, 12:49 AM   #579
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
Dealers are trying to ride out the wave as much as possible, staring down at a tidal wave of buyers looking for MSRP.

Tidal wave on the forums. More of a ripple in the real world. Everyone who was willing to pay double msrp paid prior to all this. World events sped up a 2 year process into 2 months
Old 6 April 2020, 01:18 AM   #580
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
As Charles Barkley says: I may be wrong, but I doubt it. ;)

I thought I was wrong once. Turns out that was the time.
Old 6 April 2020, 01:34 AM   #581
Mervynilous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This forum seems to have become more of a place for circling vultures rather then watch enthusiast.
People who want to pay a fair price are not vultures, nor are those who are looking for a good deal. That's basic, rational behavior on the part of consumers.

If you want to talk about vultures, let's talk about the grays I've personally reached out to the past couple of weeks with regard to purchasing a used 118206. They all tell me that their watches come "as is standard for this industry" with 22 or 23 links in what should be a 24 link bracelet. Oh...but they'd be delighted to sell me "extra" links to make it a complete watch!

Now, I fully believe that some of the original owners lose or misplace the links taken out for a proper fit, but that's certainly not every previous owner. In fact, I've had one gray tell me that they only buy their watches to fit a 7.5" wrist, meaning with 23 links.

If you believe for a moment that the gray in question will tell an owner to keep a link for himself when selling a 24 link watch to the gray, then I I have done great investment bridges to sell to you.

Simply put, the real vultures have created a system of buying low and selling higher than can be justified in a time of economic distress. And like anyone who purchased at or toward a top and who isn't on the fed's list of important businesses, they stand to get steamrolled. With their scummy behavior as outlined above with respect to my 118206 search, they absolutely deserve it.
Old 6 April 2020, 01:34 AM   #582
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss2311 View Post
I'm a watch collector, at least I'm trying to be one. All of my Rolex watches were purchased at MSRP, but I won't lie, it makes me very happy when my Daytona is worth almost double than its MSRP.
Until now I didn't sell any of my watches, and I don't intend to.

Echo the sentiment

Old 6 April 2020, 02:33 AM   #583
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Why you spamming every single dealer? LOL

Just wait if your serious about buying something. Another 1-2 months wont hurt and $14k for the CHNR might be a very very good offer. He might even regret not selling to you now but maybe the gray dealer bought it for more himself so he's trying not to lose money. Its only been 4 weeks since the US really started taking the virus seriously and only like 2 weeks since shutdown of some major cities. Dealers will be slower to reduce prices than individual sellers.

The more individual sellers who are holding onto these hyped pieces hit the market it will force the grays to reduce as well.
It's entertaining. Let him keep doing it. :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 6 April 2020, 02:35 AM   #584
Tan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5320G
Just don't buy right now, let the prices keep falling, we're just at the start.
Old 6 April 2020, 02:36 AM   #585
Commonproject
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg Barcelona View Post
I declined just in case anyone was interested.
Those were already starting to be available in the US at AD windows prior to all of this so asking for a deposit is a bad deal, you made the right choice
Old 6 April 2020, 03:06 AM   #586
Webster2281
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG YM2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervynilous View Post
People who want to pay a fair price are not vultures, nor are those who are looking for a good deal. That's basic, rational behavior on the part of consumers.

If you want to talk about vultures, let's talk about the grays I've personally reached out to the past couple of weeks with regard to purchasing a used 118206. They all tell me that their watches come "as is standard for this industry" with 22 or 23 links in what should be a 24 link bracelet. Oh...but they'd be delighted to sell me "extra" links to make it a complete watch!

Now, I fully believe that some of the original owners lose or misplace the links taken out for a proper fit, but that's certainly not every previous owner. In fact, I've had one gray tell me that they only buy their watches to fit a 7.5" wrist, meaning with 23 links.

If you believe for a moment that the gray in question will tell an owner to keep a link for himself when selling a 24 link watch to the gray, then I I have done great investment bridges to sell to you.

Simply put, the real vultures have created a system of buying low and selling higher than can be justified in a time of economic distress. And like anyone who purchased at or toward a top and who isn't on the fed's list of important businesses, they stand to get steamrolled. With their scummy behavior as outlined above with respect to my 118206 search, they absolutely deserve it.

Grays are notorious for taking out links and then forcing the buyer to buy an extra one. I can’t tell you how many sub-c’s I’ve seen online and tried on at a dealer’s that have 11 links instead of the normal 12.

Easy $200-$500 for them to sell an extra link.

Old 6 April 2020, 03:08 AM   #587
Webster2281
"TRF" Member

Does anyone have a feeling or prediction on how far down PM pieces (ex YG subc) could fall? I assume more than SS.

Thanks

Old 6 April 2020, 03:09 AM   #588
cph81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg Barcelona View Post
I got a call from a closed AD on Friday, I was offered a Rhodium YM40 if I paid 50% deposit now by card and would be able to collect it when the store reopens.
Did the AD offer any discount?
Old 6 April 2020, 03:13 AM   #589
Tan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5320G
LNIB Batgirl just posted here on TRF for $11,900...
Old 6 April 2020, 03:21 AM   #590
Webster2281
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
LNIB Batgirl just posted here on TRF for $11,900...

What was it before?

Old 6 April 2020, 03:42 AM   #591
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyolky View Post
It's entertaining. Let him keep doing it. :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Right!
Old 6 April 2020, 03:51 AM   #592
C_Troy242
"TRF" Member

We are way too early. The reality of the coming depression will only slowly set in. Those who think we're in the middle of riding this out will learn that this is nothing yet. The fun 3 week market haircut was just the initial stage, correcting what's been wrong with markets since mid last year (to put it gently). The extent of this crisis is nowhere near priced. I'll check back in 3-6 months and it'll be an interesting time to deploy excess cash into all sorts of things, including watches.
Old 6 April 2020, 03:57 AM   #593
LigerBelair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 50th A
Quote:
Interesting. You say that with certainty. Tell me will Tampa Bay win the Super Bowl this year with Tom Brady?
Nope.
Old 6 April 2020, 03:58 AM   #594
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
Quote:

Old 6 April 2020, 04:16 AM   #595
Mervynilous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster2281 View Post
Does anyone have a feeling or prediction on how far down PM pieces (ex YG subc) could fall? I assume more than SS.

Thanks

I think it depends on whether you mean Rolex reducing MSRP for new at AD, or whether you mean used gray prices. The former will be able to hold firner than the latter. But it really depends on the duration of this and whether it changes long-term habits like the great depression did.

After seeing that the grays steal links as standard business practice, I'll be holding off for now and will be surprised if prices don't fall at least 10 - 20% in the next few months due to how many people are going to be deferring or eliminating purchases in sudden recognition of how close they've come to the abyss. And that's assuming we don't have a protracted situation with substantial economic dislocation...
Old 6 April 2020, 04:36 AM   #596
DayTona78
"TRF" Member

have to agree 100% with the below.

i will add that, one can't possibly be bothered to feel sorry for anyone be it greys or ADs. too busy for that.
my task is to buy a watch, and move on once i paid for it. don't need anyone to worry nor be happy for me either. pointless, if not fake.

everyone's a big boy and should handle any/all consequences resulting from their own decisions. don't care.

Quote:

Old 6 April 2020, 04:42 AM   #597
Webster2281
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it depends on whether you mean Rolex reducing MSRP for new at AD, or whether you mean used gray prices. The former will be able to hold firner than the latter. But it really depends on the duration of this and whether it changes long-term habits like the great depression did.

After seeing that the grays steal links as standard business practice, I'll be holding off for now and will be surprised if prices don't fall at least 10 - 20% in the next few months due to how many people are going to be deferring or eliminating purchases in sudden recognition of how close they've come to the abyss. And that's assuming we don't have a protracted situation with substantial economic dislocation...

I’m referring more to the Grey’s as AD’s sell for MSRP.

Old 6 April 2020, 04:56 AM   #598
bin31z
"TRF" Member

Just saw a white gold oyster flex ceramic Daytona here for under retail.
Old 6 April 2020, 05:23 AM   #599
mg Barcelona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph81 View Post
Did the AD offer any discount?
No, nothing, I was quoted the full retail price, 5k GBP now through card and 5k on pick up "when the shop reopens"
Old 6 April 2020, 08:29 AM   #600
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/ro...topics/5157587

This is a good indication of things to come. Hopefully he bought via an AD or he’s hemorrhaging money. This would’ve sold at 15k easy 2 months ago. Now he can’t unload it lmao
Closed Thread