The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 23 December 2020, 05:55 AM   #601
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
Hey guys, just to give you an update on my case.

I received a call this morning from my AD telling that Omega HQ told them that they will receive only 1 watch for the moment and they probably won't receive any other in 2021...

So basically they gonna refund my deposit along with 9 other clients.
The director of the AD (again it's not a OB) told me that he was very upset at Omega because at first when announced they could take order and because it is not a LE they will have enough deliveries for they clients but that was before realising the MASSIVE success of the watch so they finally changed their mind to leave the availability to boutique only.

I am very very disappointed.
This is not the type of story I want to hear because this could happen to me. I'm hearing rumors of this happening in my parts in Toronto as well.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 06:57 AM   #602
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
This is not the type of story I want to hear because this could happen to me. I'm hearing rumors of this happening in my parts in Toronto as well.

This is concerning at multiple levels.
But I’ve to say that your AD was definitely over optimistic.
The guys at Omega Boutiques have been saying that the allocation will be pretty low and that the allocation outside OB would have been extremely limited.
When I contacted my AD associate he told me to forget about it, as they were expecting no more than 3-5 pieces in 2021, and those were going to the super VIP.
So how is possible that your AD was taking deposits?
They didn’t receive Omega notice in October?
People at WOS knew about the allocation back then!
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 07:16 AM   #603
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post

The guys at Omega Boutiques have been saying that the allocation will be pretty low and that the allocation outside OB would have been extremely limited.

When I contacted my AD associate he told me to forget about it, as they were expecting no more than 3-5 pieces in 2021, and those were going to the super VIP.

They told me they got the allocation spot from Omega and guaranteed I'd get one. I guess I'll see then, not much I can do. I'm fine with waiting, I want the watch and if it takes longer then expected that's fine. But it they come to me in a year and say sorry no watch. I'll be pissed. I'd expect my deposit back now if I'm not getting the watch.

Old 23 December 2020, 07:37 AM   #604
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
How in the world can they do that?

I mean, I'm all in favor of it, but I don't see how it's possible.

Totally moot since I don't have an OB in my area, and even if I did, I wouldn't have gotten to them in time, and even if I did, I'm one of those weird people who like to see what I'm buying before I buy it.
I was like that but realize in this current watch environment, it is not possible. I’ve bought my last 4 watches sight unseen and it has worked out. I spend lots of time on IG and elsewhere looking at wrist shots!
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 09:10 AM   #605
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
They told me they got the allocation spot from Omega and guaranteed I'd get one. I guess I'll see then, not much I can do. I'm fine with waiting, I want the watch and if it takes longer then expected that's fine. But it they come to me in a year and say sorry no watch. I'll be pissed. I'd expect my deposit back now if I'm not getting the watch.

If the guaranteed the allocation, I imagine they are serious people and they should deliver! Fingers crossed then.
Old 23 December 2020, 09:43 AM   #606
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitlisted Watches View Post
I predict this will be a big hit. My AD should be getting them in very soon
Way to go out on a limb with that bold prediction!
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 10:44 AM   #607
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Way to go out on a limb with that bold prediction!
Who knew!
Old 23 December 2020, 01:01 PM   #608
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yep agreed here.

Sorry to hear for those on the AD list. Not too surprising though, and I don’t blame you guys but more so your ADs. I had contacted my AD that I’ve done pre-orders with, and they declined to even put me on a waitlist let alone put a deposit down for the Snoopy. This was both before (and after during chit chat) the October 5th release. Told me that they’re unsure about allocation so didn’t want to even take waitlists.

I’m lucky enough to have a full deposit with an OB that I made half of over half a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 01:18 PM   #609
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Yep agreed here.

Sorry to hear for those on the AD list. Not too surprising though, and I don’t blame you guys but more so your ADs. I had contacted my AD that I’ve done pre-orders with, and they declined to even put me on a waitlist let alone put a deposit down for the Snoopy. This was both before (and after during chit chat) the October 5th release. Told me that they’re unsure about allocation so didn’t want to even take waitlists.

I’m lucky enough to have a full deposit with an OB that I made half of over half a year ago.

My OB refused to even put on list until it was officially confirmed on the 5th October how could yours take money for a watch that wasnt even officially existing before that point?? Amazes me how different OBs act around the world
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 01:28 PM   #610
yonexsp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Give me my Snoopy!!!!! ��
yonexsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 02:11 PM   #611
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
My OB refused to even put on list until it was officially confirmed on the 5th October how could yours take money for a watch that wasnt even officially existing before that point?? Amazes me how different OBs act around the world

So I was asking the OB about this over a year ago, and they wouldn’t take my deposit at that time. Later on after April, they confirmed that the watch is going to be released Oct 5 and OKed to take the deposit.

Looks like you’re in the UK - from what I heard there’s laws in the UK that prevent taking a deposit for anything that doesn’t have a price. Since it wasn’t released with a price until Oct 5th, that’s my guess why you couldn’t place a deposit. Was it also the UK that they have to give an estimated date on the receipt for delivery? Curious if it says on your receipt.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 02:37 PM   #612
mhunt1014
"TRF" Member

Really digging the color scheme of this. Heard they sold out quickly!
mhunt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 02:45 PM   #613
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
US was allowed to take deposits before release. I know I put a deposit down with my OB in September.
Old 23 December 2020, 03:11 PM   #614
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
US was allowed to take deposits before release. I know I put a deposit down with my OB in September.
Obviously much more strict here in UK it was almost comical I deal directly with the manager at the OB and they made me email again as I emailed the minute before it was 'official'
Old 23 December 2020, 07:05 PM   #615
Waitlisted Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunt1014 View Post
Really digging the color scheme of this. Heard they sold out quickly!
It's not a limited edition. They should be available for the next couple of years at least.
Waitlisted Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 11:28 PM   #616
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Well ladies and gentlemen, it is holiday season, now is the time to spoil our ADs with restaurant vouchers, wine bottles, expensive chocolate and other goodies.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2020, 04:17 AM   #617
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitlisted Watches View Post
It's not a limited edition. They should be available for the next couple of years at least.
The definition of 'available' is subjective on this piece
Old 24 December 2020, 06:41 AM   #618
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The definition of 'available' is subjective on this piece
There you go
https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega...id17839870.htm

It’s so available that is over 30K, and this is a real watch.
Old 24 December 2020, 06:43 AM   #619
rick101

Quote:
There you go
https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega...id17839870.htm

It’s so available that is over 30K, and this is a real watch.
Lol I don’t think that’s what he meant when he said available!!! But wow
rick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 02:28 AM   #620
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Reviving this old thread since it's the 1 year anniversary since the Snoopy was launched.

Anyone else have any news in regards to their deposit or full payments? I was told last year on this day when I put my deposit I would get one of Q1 or Q2 at the latest, and so far crickets from my AD.

Also funny looking back before grey market prices have been established for this Snoopy, people were saying it's going to be a mass produced watch and sell under retail. Lol, looks far from it now.

Old 6 October 2021, 02:42 AM   #621
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Probably only going to be around 5k units produced. If you have a deposit down in a US Omega boutique, you're guaranteed a watch. Everything else is a free for all with your AD.
Old 6 October 2021, 02:49 AM   #622
Greglaw
Banned

I would be going after the ADs who held your money for interest on it. They took your money-had the benefit of using it-and now return it to your detriment. In RI that would be 12 percent per year on a civil judgment. I would be looking for compensation.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 04:43 AM   #623
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
My AD told me that it's not happening this year. Said don't get my hopes up for next either. So discouraging.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 05:45 AM   #624
greengold
Banned

My AD said today he is writing a letter to Omega from his solicitor lol that hes p9ssed off he may have to give 3 deposits back
Old 6 October 2021, 05:59 AM   #625
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
My AD said today he is writing a letter to Omega from his solicitor lol that hes p9ssed off he may have to give 3 deposits back

Yet it might amount to nothing except being potentially strike against their dealership to carry the brand. Especially for 3 deposits!

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 07:13 AM   #626
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
Yet it might amount to nothing except being potentially strike against their dealership to carry the brand. Especially for 3 deposits!

thats what i thought would you bite the hands that feeds you also theyre nuts if they think they can get 3!
Old 6 October 2021, 07:50 AM   #627
jum3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglaw View Post
I would be going after the ADs who held your money for interest on it. They took your money-had the benefit of using it-and now return it to your detriment. In RI that would be 12 percent per year on a civil judgment. I would be looking for compensation.
Imagine if the AD shut its doors and declared bankruptcy..

Oops, did I spook anyone?
jum3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 07:55 AM   #628
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Very disappointing to see this. With so many still waiting on OB's lists, I can't see how things turn out well for these AD's that took too many deposits.
bonovox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 04:40 AM   #629
Greglaw
Banned

There was a place here in RI that did close its doors like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jum3 View Post
Imagine if the AD shut its doors and declared bankruptcy..

Oops, did I spook anyone?
While they didn't have deposits, they had watches from people who left them for repairs, some very high end, and they closed their doors, it created quite the anger wave from those with items there, I cannot recall how it shook out, but, the watch shop is long gone.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 06:48 AM   #630
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I believe Texasmade already got his a few months ago, but thought I'd share here that my OB came through this year as well. The communications was left wanting after launch and most of last year, but when I checked in earlier this year, they said they were getting their allocation numbers from HQ. I was encouraged by the fact that the place in line they provided at the beginning in 2020 through now has been fairly reliable, like an actual list with what seemed to be spending history more or less locked in with not too much deviation (unlike other big brands, ahem, Rolex).

This was a pleasant surprise. Pleasant surprise #2 was that the price did not increase along with the rest of the watches since release, so purchase price was as announced.

So basically, could communications have been better? Yes. But once the covid supply chain mess got more sorted out by late 2021, I think Omega was able to be a bit more predictable.

At least enough for them to redeem themselves for that launch of a mess that was moonswatch!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote