The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 July 2022, 09:18 PM   #691
cwh812
"TRF" Member

I just started a new relationship with a boutique 3 months ago and have spent close to $50k across a couple purchases (one really big one). I inquired about the snoopy and 321 when I first started purchasing. They know I want both…but were very cagey about possibility. Was I too late on the snoopy? I imagine if I was 2020 I would have made the list, but now I’m wondering if I have no hope given the already formed list. Thanks for opinions.
cwh812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 12:19 PM   #692
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post
I just started a new relationship with a boutique 3 months ago and have spent close to $50k across a couple purchases (one really big one). I inquired about the snoopy and 321 when I first started purchasing. They know I want both…but were very cagey about possibility. Was I too late on the snoopy? I imagine if I was 2020 I would have made the list, but now I’m wondering if I have no hope given the already formed list. Thanks for opinions.
I believe each boutique is allocated one piece per month and most OB lists are about 10-20 deep. While it is not a limited edition, I think once the customers with deposits get their watch over the next 1-2 years, the 50th Anniversary production stops.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 12:07 AM   #693
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
I believe each boutique is allocated one piece per month and most OB lists are about 10-20 deep. While it is not a limited edition, I think once the customers with deposits get their watch over the next 1-2 years, the 50th Anniversary production stops.
So I’m likely out? They wouldn’t really even acknowledge that they could put me on the list.
Old 11 July 2022, 12:20 PM   #694
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So I’m likely out? They wouldn’t really even acknowledge that they could put me on the list.
You need to keep in mind the people on the waiting list has at least a $5k deposit with OB since early 2020 so that makes a difference on priority.
Old 12 July 2022, 02:44 AM   #695
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
You need to keep in mind the people on the waiting list has at least a $5k deposit with OB since early 2020 so that makes a difference on priority.
No deposit from me from when I registered interest in the watch early 2021. I bought a Speedmaster Professional and a Boutique Limited Edition watch for purchase history. Received an email last week and I collect my Snoopy next week. Up until last month there was zero commitment from the OB as to whether I would actually get one.
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2022, 03:02 AM   #696
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 July 2022, 03:37 AM   #697
Plahe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black bay 58!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
No deposit from me from when I registered interest in the watch early 2021. I bought a Speedmaster Professional and a Boutique Limited Edition watch for purchase history. Received an email last week and I collect my Snoopy next week. Up until last month there was zero commitment from the OB as to whether I would actually get one.

Was this from Central London OB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2022, 07:37 AM   #698
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
I’ve restated my desire for the Snoopy (and 321)…and their response was a little more positive. Seemingly they have to get through deposits and then see what is left. I’ll go in person in a week or two to pick up something else I just ordered and see what they say in person.
Old 12 July 2022, 08:19 AM   #699
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
Quote:
I think the deposits were US only from what I heard? I’ve had one since Oct 2020 paid in full - still no snoopy for me. Honestly pretty frustrated as the OB had been essentially non communicative
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2022, 09:27 AM   #700
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
I think the deposits were US only from what I heard? I’ve had one since Oct 2020 paid in full - still no snoopy for me. Honestly pretty frustrated as the OB had been essentially non communicative
Ah got it so this is mostly a U.S. phenomenon. There is some hope for those without a deposit then. OB also mentioned while this is not a limited edition, production will likely seize within next 1-2 years so we don’t run into the next anniversary release.

Nevertheless, I hope all that want one and has a good relationship with OB will be able to get one soon. A great piece for sure!

Old 14 July 2022, 11:51 PM   #701
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Hey team snoopy owners. I’ve read on here and elsewhere people have commented that the blue strap is inflexible and I agree with my month old piece. I’m thinking due to the rubber insert around the holes this may be kinda permanent where it won’t stretch out a little from the tang in your preferred slot like a normal strap normally does. My sitch is one hole a bit tight and one too large so was hoping the tight one would give a little over time. Any thoughts on this, particularly from owners that have had for a while. I have other speedies on bracelet so want this one on the strap that I otherwise like very much.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 01:37 AM   #702
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Hey team snoopy owners. I’ve read on here and elsewhere people have commented that the blue strap is inflexible and I agree with my month old piece. I’m thinking due to the rubber insert around the holes this may be kinda permanent where it won’t stretch out a little from the tang in your preferred slot like a normal strap normally does. My sitch is one hole a bit tight and one too large so was hoping the tight one would give a little over time. Any thoughts on this, particularly from owners that have had for a while. I have other speedies on bracelet so want this one on the strap that I otherwise like very much.
I gave up with mine and have it on bracelet permanently. One option I did see is that you can get the strap on deployant. Apparently it is much more flexible minus the horrible rubber bit.

I also saw on Instagram that someone bought a lovely inky blue calfskin strap which suited it perfectly.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 02:30 AM   #703
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
It does get better with time. Feels as annoying as breaking in hiking boots though?

I put mine on a storage pillow a bit larger than I usually use to intentionally stretch and mold to bigger than my wrist, then when I tighten around it no longer feels still. This took about 2-3 weeks.

Or just throw that bad boy on a bracelet.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 11:15 AM   #704
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Same issue here so far. Been wearing and stretching on a round pillow within my watch case as well for a week. Will give it 2 more weeks to see if it stretches a tad. Debating putting her on a bracelet as well but OB said only the new speedy model bracelet would fit.
Old 15 July 2022, 02:46 PM   #705
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Same issue here so far. Been wearing and stretching on a round pillow within my watch case as well for a week. Will give it 2 more weeks to see if it stretches a tad. Debating putting her on a bracelet as well but OB said only the new speedy model bracelet would fit.
Apollo 11 50th flat link will also fit. I’ve seen a few pictures floating around on Instagram with that configuration.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 03:43 PM   #706
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Apollo 11 50th flat link will also fit. I’ve seen a few pictures floating around on Instagram with that configuration.
Yes, it fit but needs to modify the spring bar to fit the lug. Best is to bring it to a watch maker to install the bracelet.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 04:02 PM   #707
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
I gave up with mine and have it on bracelet permanently. One option I did see is that you can get the strap on deployant. Apparently it is much more flexible minus the horrible rubber bit.

I also saw on Instagram that someone bought a lovely inky blue calfskin strap which suited it perfectly.
Hi Steve

Can you get a deployant version of the strap from Omega?
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 05:53 PM   #708
Napalm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangkev View Post
Is it normal for omega boutique to still be holding my $5k deposit (back from Oct 2020) and be unable to give me any sort of guidance how long it'll be? A bit tricky because the original omega boutique I placed order with closed and now I got moved to the list for another nearby Omega boutique...
A few months ago, I read on the Omega Forums that boutiques received their allocations for the year already so they can confirm if you will/will not get one in 2022. After reading that post, I called my OB and sure enough, they verified that I would receive one this year but not sure when. They did confirm that 3 were ahead of me at the time. I believe I was #20.

June 29th, I got the call from the OB that my Snoopy had arrived. :) So, that's in-line with the 1 delivery a month hypothesis. I placed a $5k deposit on the day deposits opened up.
Napalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 11:51 PM   #709
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Hi Steve

Can you get a deployant version of the strap from Omega?
Not to worry, I've found out that you can't.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 12:44 AM   #710
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Well there is a version you can get from Omega that's pretty similar. Only difference is that the strap is 20mm tapers to 18mm and won't have the moon stuff on the underside like the normal pin buckle strap. There just isn't a blue strap that's 20mm tapers to 16mm for a deployant.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 06:55 AM   #711
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
Mines on a bracelet now, the strap is a brilliant colour match but not the most comfortable.

Pic showing recently fitted 3861 fully brushed version.

Amazing piece by the way, for those waiting, keep the faith.
petay993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 10:20 AM   #712
VegasBaby
Banned

Quote:
Why would you buy from them?? Your $50K in Omega purchases are probably only worth $25K the minute you walked out the door. Its only worth paying full retail from Omega if you get one of the few pieces that actually are worth something.
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 04:45 PM   #713
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Well there is a version you can get from Omega that's pretty similar. Only difference is that the strap is 20mm tapers to 18mm and won't have the moon stuff on the underside like the normal pin buckle strap. There just isn't a blue strap that's 20mm tapers to 16mm for a deployant.
Sorry - that’s what I meant. Frankly, I’d ditch the strap and shove it on a bracelet permanently but that’s just me
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 08:49 PM   #714
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
Why would you buy from them?? Your $50K in Omega purchases are probably only worth $25K the minute you walked out the door. Its only worth paying full retail from Omega if you get one of the few pieces that actually are worth something.
My large purchase was a boutique exclusive that I would have paid retail (or near retail) somewhere else. It was the Sedna Speedy. I figured I should start a relationship at an OB and the watch to me wasn’t about how much it was worth the minute I walked out. I wanted that particular watch…secondarily I do care about what the large purchase (for me) can get me access to in the future. I think I’ll get my 321 in time even if I don’t get the Snoopy because I was too late and I’m sure there will be other stuff in the future.
Old 17 July 2022, 08:35 AM   #715
HJZS2K
"TRF" Member

Haven't stepped into a boutique for a while with all the craziness and did today. I find it ridiculous that to get a 321 or a Snoopy that you're still expected to spend a large amount before being "considered". There's really only the Speedmaster sapphire that I am interested in and I definitely wouldn't keep on buying omegas just for a shot at either. World still is crazy.
HJZS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 04:25 PM   #716
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

Snoopy 50th Anniversary, made a deposit today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJZS2K View Post
Haven't stepped into a boutique for a while with all the craziness and did today. I find it ridiculous that to get a 321 or a Snoopy that you're still expected to spend a large amount before being "considered". There's really only the Speedmaster sapphire that I am interested in and I definitely wouldn't keep on buying omegas just for a shot at either. World still is crazy.

I thought the same thing, who does Omega think they are? I recently inquired about a 321 from an OB in California and was told that I needed a $150k spend history to be considered, GTFOH. I just saw a new one listed for under 18k on one of the fb watch groups. When you factor CA sale tax, that’s less than a 3k premium to have one on your wrist tomorrow.
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 04:16 AM   #717
zuckuss86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallGame View Post
I thought the same thing, who does Omega think they are? I recently inquired about a 321 from an OB in California and was told that I needed a $150k spend history to be considered, GTFOH. I just saw a new one listed for under 18k on one of the fb watch groups. When you factor CA sale tax, that’s less than a 3k premium to have one on your wrist tomorrow.
Warning long post (and a bit of a rant) below:

I sat down with an OB store manager and have a friend who has some inside knowledge on all of this, here are some thoughts and what I've heard (relevant to US market):

- I was told the same number of $150k spend history to be considered for a 50th Snoopy. I guess there are people out there where that is not a lot for them, but I also find it absurd. Objectively, there's just not enough in the Omega catalog to get up that high, unless you want to buy 15 watches from them, or buy multiple precious metal pieces (which to me as a collector seems a bit redundant).

-Personally, unless you're really into Omega, you're far better off buying Snoopy on the secondary market - I'm keeping an eye on prices to see if they soften a bit and may just bite the bullet (I've never paid over MSRP for a watch but may make an exception for Snoopy).

-It seems inadvertently (or maybe not...) set up to benefit secondary dealers/professional buyers. I even half-joked "so if I buy 20 Speedmasters, and sold them all myself, that would get me a Snoopy, and you'd have no problem with that?" The manager didn't have an issue with that, you just have to hit the $ number. For a split second I actually considered this, but I did the math in my head and also factored in the pain in the butt it would be (and remembered the absurdity of even having to go through that for a darn watch) and reason returned and I did not pursue that route.

-Snoopy allocations are essentially a purely first-come first-serve basis. The ship has sailed. Credit and congrats to those who got on the list early! If you build a spend history now, it will essentially only help you with FUTURE watches, not with 50th Snoopy, I was told in confidence how many people are on the primary and secondary waitlist (no deposit taken), let's just say based on their allocations, we'll be well past 55th anniversary by the time they get to the secondary list where people have not given deposits.

-I think there's also possibility they'll still have people on the primary list when the 50th is discontinued, which will likely give them priority on whatever comes next, so even building a good history now may not put you at the front of the line for 55th or 60th or whatever.

-The manager conceded that their first-come first-serve approach has people getting Snoopy as their first (and likely only) Omega purchase. I personally have such an issue with this - they admit they give preference to people effectively in the right place at the right time over collectors and people looking to build a broader relationship (and people who genuinely want the watch!).

-The manager admitted something along the lines of "I hate that damn watch" when referring to Snoopy. I get the sense it's costing them more client relationships than it is creating them.

-To add insult to injury, while I'm having this conversation, there's a TV in the background behind the desk we're sitting at - and it's running on repeat images of the Snoopy watch. Felt like it was being rubbed in my face. Maybe run adds of something you can actually buy.

-In my job sometimes I interact with investor relations/C-suite members of publicly traded companies. I'm so fired up about their nonsensical allocation policy I will probably bring this up (if appropriate) if/when I interact with Swatch Group. It will likely be shrugged off but at least I'll feel better : )

-To me this is a good lesson in buy what you like! (which seems obvious typing it out but I understand this situation is unique) I adore my Sedna Speedmaster and wear it a lot. But don't get caught up with them dangling the carrot of Snoopy to justify additional purchases - it probably won't help. I was told even if I bought another PM Speedy it probably wouldn't help my chances much.

-I bluntly (but politely) pointed out to the OB manager that I'd save a lot of time/effort and $$$ if I just bought the Snoopy on the secondary and not try to find another ~$115k of Omegas to buy (and thus never return to their store). He conceded I was completely right.

-I had to get the Sedna at the OB (we'll see if that policy continues) but for me (and likely most people on here) I'm better off just buying my Omegas going forward from my AD that carries them. My spend history with my AD will help with other brands, I'll maybe be able to get a discount, and won't have to deal with this BS. And if something comes out that is boutique exclusive that I really want, I'll buy on the secondary. And I'm not even going to bother with asking my AD for a Snoopy.

-Also, in my opinion, they feed you BS on the exclusivity of the Sedna Speedy. It's a great watch, looks amazing - but it's not hard to get, despite what they tell you. "We may have one available in the whole country, but I'll need to check". I was told it'll likely take a "few weeks or even a month plus" for the Sedna on bracelet to come in. After I put down my deposit, one magically arrived in two days. They definitely hit you with the scarcity sales tactic. Don't fall for it.

Thanks for reading. I hope this is helpful to someone out there. It also felt a bit cathartic to type this out on a nice Sunday afternoon! Time to go enjoy the lovely day...

Steve

PS - I think I imply this above, but I'll be more clear: I find it highly unethical for them to use Snoopy in any part of the sales process for 99.9% of buyers at the OBs. It's just NOT going to happen for the vast, vast majority of people. They should effectively treat it like a discontinued watch.
zuckuss86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 08:09 AM   #718
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss86 View Post
Warning long post (and a bit of a rant) below:

I sat down with an OB store manager and have a friend who has some inside knowledge on all of this, here are some thoughts and what I've heard (relevant to US market):

-To me this is a good lesson in buy what you like! (which seems obvious typing it out but I understand this situation is unique) I adore my Sedna Speedmaster and wear it a lot. But don't get caught up with them dangling the carrot of Snoopy to justify additional purchases - it probably won't help. I was told even if I bought another PM Speedy it probably wouldn't help my chances much.

-Also, in my opinion, they feed you BS on the exclusivity of the Sedna Speedy. It's a great watch, looks amazing - but it's not hard to get, despite what they tell you. "We may have one available in the whole country, but I'll need to check". I was told it'll likely take a "few weeks or even a month plus" for the Sedna on bracelet to come in. After I put down my deposit, one magically arrived in two days. They definitely hit you with the scarcity sales tactic. Don't fall for it.

Thanks for reading. I hope this is helpful to someone out there. It also felt a bit cathartic to type this out on a nice Sunday afternoon! Time to go enjoy the lovely day...

Steve
Hey - thanks for this. Extremely well thought out and informative. I think there is a very high likelihood we are in very similar boats with the same exact OB. I’ve made it clear I would like a 321 and a Snoopy, but my Sedna Speedy was not predicated on getting those nor will it change my overall outlook towards collecting Omegas. There will be other Omegas released over the next 10 years that I will surely covet. But if I am not high on the list for new models going forward I’m going to have an issue.

On the Sedna scarcity…I hear you regarding being able to get your hands on one, but that doesn’t mean they are not very limited supply. How often are they selling one if those in the US? Once or twice a week at most? They can call one in from the 2-3 boutiques it might be sitting at. And generally how often is our OB selling a $35-40k watch - once a week?

Also, where is that $150k coming from. There are collectors (non-flippers) really spending that amount on Omega in a year?! I kind of find that a little hard to believe.
Old 18 July 2022, 08:26 AM   #719
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

150K… sounds completely bogus to me.
I got my Snoopy, hopped on the official list in September 2020, I had zero history.
I had been asking for a possible Snoopy since 2018, I told the OB folks that I wanted my first speedy and I would have loved to have a Snoopy.
I checked with them every six months or so, when they opened the official list they gave me a call.
They knew I was genuinely interested.
There was no luck, nor being in the right place at the right time.
I chased this watch since 2018, as many other collectors did!

All the people that woke up only after the insane premium are just pathetic.
Most of the clients that are receiving their Snoopy have been waiting patiently and showed interest way in advance, in US we put a token of 5K without any hints about the watch.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 09:32 AM   #720
zuckuss86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey - thanks for this. Extremely well thought out and informative. I think there is a very high likelihood we are in very similar boats with the same exact OB. I’ve made it clear I would like a 321 and a Snoopy, but my Sedna Speedy was not predicated on getting those nor will it change my overall outlook towards collecting Omegas. There will be other Omegas released over the next 10 years that I will surely covet. But if I am not high on the list for new models going forward I’m going to have an issue.

On the Sedna scarcity…I hear you regarding being able to get your hands on one, but that doesn’t mean they are not very limited supply. How often are they selling one if those in the US? Once or twice a week at most? They can call one in from the 2-3 boutiques it might be sitting at. And generally how often is our OB selling a $35-40k watch - once a week?

Also, where is that $150k coming from. There are collectors (non-flippers) really spending that amount on Omega in a year?! I kind of find that a little hard to believe.
Hello! Yes I believe we are both in very similar boats, hope you're enjoying your Sedna Speedy! They actually told me how many Sednas they sold at our OB last year...I can't remember the exact number but it was fewer than a dozen. So good point on the limited supply comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
150K… sounds completely bogus to me.
I got my Snoopy, hopped on the official list in September 2020, I had zero history.
I had been asking for a possible Snoopy since 2018, I told the OB folks that I wanted my first speedy and I would have loved to have a Snoopy.
I checked with them every six months or so, when they opened the official list they gave me a call.
They knew I was genuinely interested.
There was no luck, nor being in the right place at the right time.
I chased this watch since 2018, as many other collectors did!

All the people that woke up only after the insane premium are just pathetic.
Most of the clients that are receiving their Snoopy have been waiting patiently and showed interest way in advance, in US we put a token of 5K without any hints about the watch.
I should not have said "considered" in my previous post regarding $150k and getting a Snoopy, it is firmer than that... $150k spend will GET you a Snoopy ASAP. Like next one available, guaranteed, skip the line sort of thing. They said they knew of one person that did it at a different boutique in NYC.

And you make a very good point on collectors getting the Snoopy. I did not mean to invalidate nor knock anyone who just owns the Snoopy, or make it seem that not spending a lot doesn't make you worthy of one. It's a very fair point that the people who knew to sign up when they were released - were vast majority in the know because they are passionate about Omega/Speedys. I mean to direct more of my frustration towards the fact that if you missed that small window, the odds are essentially zero - and they're still giving people hope of getting one - which I think is not right.
zuckuss86 is online now   Reply With Quote