The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 November 2022, 04:02 PM   #811
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I like this thread. I like this section of the forum.

I didn’t know it was here until recently. It’s one of the few places where watches aren’t being ridiculously hyped.

I also hope for the market to get sane. If I can afford to acquire another Watch at retail then great. If not then great. But I have no love for the grey market.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 04:02 PM   #812
messikens
"TRF" Member

I for one enjoy dmash and Vinces posts...

If they are busy they don't post - if they aren't they do post. As long as they are informative (which they are) and non-insulting (which they are but yours isn't) then I'm good.

Funny how people get worked up about what the post count of other members are...
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 04:05 PM   #813
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Thank you so much for affirming my suspicions -- You are part of the rejected crowd, that was turned away and turned off. You never got the call. I get it.

You see, I didn't really have very long wait times. I only acquired the most in demand, sought after models, and I got all of them at the authorized dealer within a reasonable amount of time without having to buy any of us desired pieces or jewelry... I didn't play any so-called games. I just am who I am, and they are who they are.

I was able to ascertain those who did play games, however, and I know some of those chains to even the vice presidents and district managers.... To managers at other locations and a discussions with people at other boutiques... I was able to move on quickly without really wasting any time or money, and find a great dealer and build a great genuine relationship. You didn't or couldn't do that. I get it. I don't fault you for it.

Instead, you had created dozens of bitter posts with frustration for several years about the climate and how you are so upset that prices are so high and flippers may get a possible for you to obtain any of the watches you want....

With all the downturn, you still haven't been able to acquire the time pieces you have so much desired.

At present, you spent countless hours and posts on a daily basis expressing how people thought a downturn would never happen, how flippers are gone, and laughing at their loss, and hoping that will get back to 2017 and before, etc. It's cute, I guess.

God bless you....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Man. Y’all keeping egging JacksonRain on because these responses are legendary. Pure entertainment! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 04:25 PM   #814
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awkward response.

Takes 15 seconds to get to the forum, and then post daily, repeatedly, on various models... And then comment repeatedly, daily, on your post than other people's thoughts and comments regarding same.

I keep it ALWAYS about everything -- thoughts, prices, trends. I don't have to disguise or pretend at all. So....

What about your investments in real things? Like "real investments" real life stuff, real changes in the down market and how it affects people.

If all you are waiting and hoping for was a downturn in the watch market in order to be able to afford or snatch a piece that you've been yearning for but have been turned off due to repeated rejection by not being picked or worthy for the allocation, willist all these other problems and the real issues in all these other markets, then God bless you and your circumstances. You should actually probably reconsider the purchase entirely, whether it's at or below retail. Or not. I don't know your whole story.

@dmash @Vince_76

You are missing a chromosome. Best of luck in life lmaoo

Argument full of straw men and ad hominems. You must be a pleasure IRL.

Dmash has contributed more than you have - so you should pipe down
Old 21 November 2022, 04:42 PM   #815
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Thank you so much for affirming my suspicions -- You are part of the rejected crowd, that was turned away and turned off. You never got the call. I get it.

You see, I didn't really have very long wait times. I only acquired the most in demand, sought after models, and I got all of them at the authorized dealer within a reasonable amount of time without having to buy any of us desired pieces or jewelry... I didn't play any so-called games. I just am who I am, and they are who they are.

I was able to ascertain those who did play games, however, and I know some of those chains to even the vice presidents and district managers.... To managers at other locations and a discussions with people at other boutiques... I was able to move on quickly without really wasting any time or money, and find a great dealer and build a great genuine relationship. You didn't or couldn't do that. I get it. I don't fault you for it.

Instead, you had created dozens of bitter posts with frustration for several years about the climate and how you are so upset that prices are so high and flippers may get a possible for you to obtain any of the watches you want....

With all the downturn, you still haven't been able to acquire the time pieces you have so much desired.

At present, you spent countless hours and posts on a daily basis expressing how people thought a downturn would never happen, how flippers are gone, and laughing at their loss, and hoping that will get back to 2017 and before, etc. It's cute, I guess.

God bless you....

What's your beef man? Why do you confront the people contributing to this thread?

There are many, many of us who value the posts here, and like to know what the market is doing. Why does this bother you how much time some people take to post info here or what they do with their time ?

Let people be and go their happy ways, including @JacksonRain

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 04:47 PM   #816
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:

God bless you....

Your suspicion was wrong — I was allocated pieces. That doesn’t change my feeling that the the direction the market was going was no good.

Please continue the thinly veiled insults they are cute, I guess. You are adding so much to this thread.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 05:47 PM   #817
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

is HK taking holiday makers again getting mixed messages regarding tourists as I'm due there early next year part of our world cruise
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 06:01 PM   #818
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post
is HK taking holiday makers again getting mixed messages regarding tourists as I'm due there early next year part of our world cruise
Yes you can visit, but you still have to take a pre-departure test, test on arrival and a couple of tests over the next few days, and report to authorities with an app. You can't dine out for the first three three days (except maybe a few specific places) and you have to wear a mask everywhere inside and outdoors, too. I'm telling friends and family not to bother at this point.

Next year may improve but basically we're restricted to what Beijing will allow, and while they are chasing zero-covid it is doubtful we'll be back to normal anytime soon. It's been suggested that masks may be mandatory until summer at least.

I doubt any cruise ships will be docking here next year.
Old 21 November 2022, 07:07 PM   #819
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolextellstime View Post
What's your beef man? Why do you confront the people contributing to this thread?

There are many, many of us who value the posts here, and like to know what the market is doing. Why does this bother you how much time some people take to post info here or what they do with their time ?

Let people be and go their happy ways, including @JacksonRain

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
The only explanation is that he is either a flipper who is being wiped out or he bought at the peak and is salty that values have dropped so severely.

He’s trying to bait someone to get in a fight to get this thread shut down.
Old 21 November 2022, 07:18 PM   #820
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

God bless you....

What an embarrassing post. I hope you can grow as a person because you aren't there yet. So much frustration as well, completely worked up.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 08:46 PM   #821
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Further proof that the sooner watch prices get down below MSRP and become readily available at ADs, the better, so that we can again enjoy the hobby without the money men ruining everything

At least, we have the World Cup to enjoy...
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 11:39 PM   #822
dmash
"TRF" Member

Last edited by dmash; 22 November 2022 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Duplicate
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2022, 11:43 PM   #823
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awkward response.

Takes 15 seconds to get to the forum, and then post daily, repeatedly, on various models... And then comment repeatedly, daily, on your post than other people's thoughts and comments regarding same.

I keep it ALWAYS about everything -- thoughts, prices, trends. I don't have to disguise or pretend at all. So....

What about your investments in real things? Like "real investments" real life stuff, real changes in the down market and how it affects people.

If all you are waiting and hoping for was a downturn in the watch market in order to be able to afford or snatch a piece that you've been yearning for but have been turned off due to repeated rejection by not being picked or worthy for the allocation, willist all these other problems and the real issues in all these other markets, then God bless you and your circumstances. You should actually probably reconsider the purchase entirely, whether it's at or below retail. Or not. I don't know your whole story.

@dmash @Vince_76

Let me get this straight

You came in here to attempt to ridicule people who update others on TRF about the market and claiming we have lots of time….even go as far as calling members out (multiple times). Additionally post some super weird cringeworthy brag post about how you get ‘all’ the hot timepieces (essentially confirming you’re a trend chaser and not a true horologist). And then proceed to write no less than 3 storybook length posts about the people who update other members. AND if you check your post history have created what, 6-7 threads about valuations soaring but then ceased after the market crashed. Can somebody post in here the Webster’s definition of hypocrite please?

Should I start paying you monthly? As currently I’m living rent free in your head. Just ‘keeping it 100’ with you
Old 21 November 2022, 11:47 PM   #824
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What an embarrassing post. I hope you can grow as a person because you aren't there yet. So much frustration as well, completely worked up.
It’s super bizarre
Old 22 November 2022, 12:12 AM   #825
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
His legendary Daytona @ $50K thread has aged like sour milk hence the indigestion
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 12:16 AM   #826
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
The only explanation is that he is either a flipper who is being wiped out or he bought at the peak and is salty that values have dropped so severely.

^^^This
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 12:24 AM   #827
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
His legendary Daytona @ $50K thread has aged like sour milk hence the indigestion
LOL after I read this I looked at his posts. His daytona $50K pump thread reads straight out of the dotcom era yahoo message boards back in 99/00 when folks were pumping hot nasdaq stocks right before the crash
Old 22 November 2022, 12:29 AM   #828
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:

God bless you....

I need some info to understand your point.

Why has your AD allocated you watches so easily? He could have given them to other people buying other products with high margin. It makes no sense business wise.

Kindness is not a plausible explanation.

Thank you.
QuelleHeureEstIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 12:33 AM   #829
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes agree on the baiting

Everyone ignore Jackson, starting now
Old 22 November 2022, 01:06 AM   #830
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Yes agree on the baiting

Everyone ignore Jackson, starting now
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
I need some info to understand your point.

Why has your AD allocated you watches so easily? He could have given them to other people buying other products with high margin. It makes no sense business wise.

Kindness is not a plausible explanation.

Thank you.
I honestly don't know. People close to me would often be surprised as well.

I think it's because I'm reeeeeeeaaaaalllly good loooooking
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LOL after I read this I looked at his posts. His daytona $50K pump thread reads straight out of the dotcom era yahoo message boards back in 99/00 when folks were pumping hot nasdaq stocks right before the crash
That thread was EPIC. It was one of the most popular threads on TRF before it was locked; other very popular threads ive created have not only been locked but literally deleted in their entirety, until the forum decided to allocate a separate section under classifieds for such topics. Whether it's about it going up or down, these type of threads generate a lot of attention and interests.
Quote:
^^^This
And that
Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
No. You're so clever, though.
Quote:

Definitely not a flipper .

I've fallen out of love with a couple old watches and a gold pieces that I didn't get at an AD and have made little change on that but never acquired a watch to sell. Never.

No beef with this thread. Just adding some input and contributing based on what I have observed.

Carry on, carry on.

JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 01:19 AM   #831
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I honestly don't know. People close to me would often be surprised as well.

I think it's because I'm reeeeeeeaaaaalllly good loooooking That thread was EPIC. It was one of the most popular threads on TRF before it was locked; other very popular threads ive created have not only been locked but literally deleted in their entirety, until the forum decided to allocate a separate section under classifieds for such topics. Whether it's about it going up or down, these type of threads generate a lot of attention and interests.And thatNo. You're so clever, though.Definitely not a flipper .

I've fallen out of love with a couple old watches and a gold pieces that I didn't get at an AD and have made little change on that but never acquired a watch to sell. Never.

No beef with this thread. Just adding some input and contributing based on what I have observed.

Carry on, carry on.

Pipe down over there. We don’t care, I think you need a timeout as you are contributing 0 to this thread.
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 01:38 AM   #832
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Starting this week-end, we will have a round of auctions in HK. It will be interesting to see the results. :)
Old 22 November 2022, 08:41 AM   #833
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:

other very popular threads ive created have not only been locked but literally deleted in their entirety
For the record, your other pricing threads are here.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=839117

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=833486
Old 22 November 2022, 09:33 AM   #834
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
LOL those posts from just 8-9 months ago did not age well

Rolex Hulk: "While the price point varies heavily depending on the year and condition, 2018 through 2020 warranty cards and partially stickered run you about 35k to 45k"- they're going in the teens now

OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany: "As expected, the oyster perpetual turquoise / Tiffany dial 41 mm has shot up in the last week. They are now selling unworn between 30,000 to 35,000!!!" - also going in the teens now

Some people got screwed buying at these exuberant prices, and folks pumping were part of the problem. Wouldn't be surprised if some sellers here have friends pumping for them, or possibly using multiple accounts to facilitate the "pump". Like I said earlier, all this reads eerily like the 1999-2000 pump-n-dump nasdaq message boards. I hope folks who got crushed by these pumpers are able to recover
Old 22 November 2022, 09:54 AM   #835
Shaggy Rogers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
You are missing a chromosome. Best of luck in life lmaoo

Argument full of straw men and ad hominems. You must be a pleasure IRL.

Dmash has contributed more than you have - so you should pipe down
And this guy claims he went to law school.

I remember before I joined, his 116500 thread appealing for help with his authorized dealer putting his watch into the ultrasonic cleaner and ultimately having it sent to the service center 3-4 times to be fixed. He must be a hoot, but fragile IRL. ❄️
Shaggy Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 09:56 AM   #836
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
some people got screwed buying at these exuberant prices, and folks pumping were part of the problem. Wouldn't be surprised if some sellers here have friends pumping for them, or possibly using multiple accounts to facilitate the "pump". Like i said earlier, all this reads eerily like the 1999-2000 pump-n-dump nasdaq message boards. I hope folks who got crushed by these pumpers are able to recover
100%
Old 22 November 2022, 09:57 AM   #837
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

God bless you....

God bless you But you are about to get virtually jumped now as anyone who posts in this thread and disagrees or has an opposing view to the main man.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 10:19 AM   #838
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
God bless you But you are about to get virtually jumped now as anyone who posts in this thread and disagrees or has an opposing view to the main man.
Disagreement is fine (and encouraged). Ad hominem attacks are uncalled for and are quite frankly bizarre given the subject matter of this thread.
Old 22 November 2022, 10:42 AM   #839
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
There is a great feature of this forum...you can put ppl on your "ignore" list :)
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 11:28 AM   #840
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I look forward to the days when watches mainly depreciate and are only something to piss money on. It is nice that a Rolex over a long time gains more value than most Panerai or IWC. But I don’t ever have so much cash that these are easy to toss into my safe. I sold my Saxonia to get a Calatrava. I sold my Ingenieur to get an Aquanaut. I think most of us are that way. There’s a real limit to what we want to have in watches. Sure there are folks here who have cash to piss away. Go visit the Patek forum and enjoy the Incoming threads (I always bitch about those (because I am jealous)). They can pay to play and good for them.

I’m glad that when idiotic posts are made on RF, they are called out. I thought the guy is a shill for the grey sellers. Or a fake account. Whatever. I don’t like everything posted on this site, but I still remember that we are all humans. It’s easy to insult people you don’t know. Too easy.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote