The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 23 November 2023, 01:30 AM   #61
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfh View Post
any pictures of the dial ?
Yes, please see attached!
pandapanda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 01:38 AM   #62
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
look legit to me
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 02:25 AM   #63
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda01 View Post
Flying there now!
Have you met with the seller yet? Let’s hear an update.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 02:55 AM   #64
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Buy the seller, not the watch. If the seller is top notch and well reviewed then you're good, otherwise be weary that the super clones out there are scary good
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:00 AM   #65
DonLee
"TRF" Member

The watch is stickered very well, likely from an experienced professional. I would highly doubt someone would sticker a fake watch, where the stickering would cost nearly as much as fake Nautilus.

Looks legit.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:20 AM   #66
fredfiga
"TRF" Member

it couldn't look more legit than this.
fredfiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:26 AM   #67
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Which is the genuine clasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:27 AM   #68
KM95
"TRF" Member

I think it's legit. Not a risk I would take without it being verified by Patek though.
KM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:28 AM   #69
KM95
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

Which is the genuine clasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think it's the edge of the protective sticker that makes it look different.
KM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:31 AM   #70
Presa canary
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer ii
Long a$$ flight
Presa canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 03:53 AM   #71
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM95 View Post
I think it's the edge of the protective sticker that makes it look different.
Yea, it's got stickers. Definitely makes it look smoother across all components and little blurred.
Old 23 November 2023, 03:57 AM   #72
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfiga View Post
it couldn't look more legit than this.
Just not sure how to tell if it's a super clone or not.. smh
Old 23 November 2023, 03:57 AM   #73
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM95 View Post
I think it's legit. Not a risk I would take without it being verified by Patek though.
Well... then he gets black listed lmao
Old 23 November 2023, 04:27 AM   #74
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
The CofO and the watch look exactly like my green dial.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 04:58 AM   #75
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

Need to see balance wheel to tell if it is fake or not, that's the only way!!
Ahfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 05:10 AM   #76
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahfe View Post
Need to see balance wheel to tell if it is fake or not, that's the only way!!
Not sure that would help much but definitely worth a picture.
Old 23 November 2023, 05:11 AM   #77
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
The CofO and the watch look exactly like my green dial.
Does your movement also appear to have those deep machining looking marks? I tried looking online and could not tell if the movement looks that rough on a real one or not. P.S. if you want to sell yours.. I am always open haha.
Old 23 November 2023, 05:39 AM   #78
Tely
"TRF" Member

I don’t see anything wrong. Looks good to me
Tely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 06:05 AM   #79
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
It was simply a listing on Chrono24 directly from the seller.
Jesus Christ, I guess you've never heard of Chrono24 being a "honey pot" to sell superclones to naive people thinking they're going to save tens of thousands of dollars from retail markups.

There is a good reason why legit dealers add significant mark ups. You are paying for their expertise and for peace of mind. The dealers check out the watch to the best of their ability and if anything goes wrong, they take the hit.

If you go hunting for a 5711 yourself, you take on all the risk. And it sounds like you are not well equipped to handle the risk based on what I've read from your posts. No offense, but you sound young and naive.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 06:10 AM   #80
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_kid View Post
Jesus Christ, I guess you've never heard of Chrono24 being a "honey pot" to sell superclones to naive people thinking they're going to save tens of thousands of dollars from retail markups.

There is a good reason why legit dealers add significant mark ups. You are paying for their expertise and for peace of mind. The dealers check out the watch to the best of their ability and if anything goes wrong, they take the hit.

If you go hunting for a 5711 yourself, you take on all the risk. And it sounds like you are not well equipped to handle the risk based on what I've read from your posts. No offense, but you sound young and naive.
You think I don't know that lmfao. If I thought the way you wrote, I would have paid him by now. That is why I am requesting full documentation, receipts, etc. Look at the new thread with the update and let me know what you think too!

P.S. Paypal goods/services will also cover me just fine if the watch turns out to be fake. I will just pay the additional fees from PayPal and will be no issue.
Old 23 November 2023, 06:54 AM   #81
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just not sure how to tell if it's a super clone or not.. smh
Of course, that's why they're called super clones. The very high-end Patek replicas cost thousands of dollars to manufacture and are an almost 1-to-1 replica, down to the movement finish. I've handled several of them and I honestly could not tell they are fakes. They are that good.

Some Patek replicas are so high-end that you can still get back thousands of dollars you lost by just scrapping the piece. I know one guy who was able to get back $10,000 or so just by melting down a replica. It's insane how much money goes into manufacturing those ultra high-end fake watches.

The only way you can really tell them apart is if you put it under a loupe and carefully inspect a real one and a fake one side by side. Or have a trusted expert do the inspection for you.
Old 23 November 2023, 07:12 AM   #82
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You think I don't know that lmfao. If I thought the way you wrote, I would have paid him by now. That is why I am requesting full documentation, receipts, etc.
Documents and receipts can be easily faked, you said so yourself in your very first post. I don't know why you think that will give you any semblance of security. And the seller asking you not to verify with Patek themselves is a red flag, doesn't matter if the seller is scared to be blacklisted or not.

If a seller is asking you not to verify with the ultimate source-of-truth (Patek) then I don't know what else will deter you from going further with this foolish plan.

Quote:
P.S. Paypal goods/services will also cover me just fine if the watch turns out to be fake. I will just pay the additional fees from PayPal and will be no issue.
Wait, you're going to send $250,000+ through PayPal G&S? Care to explain how exactly you'll do that?
Old 23 November 2023, 07:18 AM   #83
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Of course, that's why they're called super clones. The very high-end Patek replicas cost thousands of dollars to manufacture and are an almost 1-to-1 replica, down to the movement finish. I've handled several of them and I honestly could not tell they are fakes. They are that good.

Some Patek replicas are so high-end that you can still get back thousands of dollars you lost by just scrapping the piece. I know one guy who was able to get back $10,000 or so just by melting down a replica. It's insane how much money goes into manufacturing those ultra high-end fake watches.

The only way you can really tell them apart is if you put it under a loupe and carefully inspect a real one and a fake one side by side. Or have a trusted expert do the inspection for you.
That is why if he does not accept PayPal goods/services as a payment, I will not proceed. I spoke to PayPal and they cover any dollar amount if done through that method. I will just have to cover the 3% fee.
Old 23 November 2023, 07:20 AM   #84
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Documents and receipts can be easily faked, you said so yourself in your very first post. I don't know why you think that will give you any semblance of security. And the seller asking you not to verify with Patek themselves is a red flag, doesn't matter if the seller is scared to be blacklisted or not.

If a seller is asking you not to verify with the ultimate source-of-truth (Patek) then I don't know what else will deter you from going further with this foolish plan.

Wait, you're going to send $250,000+ through PayPal G&S? Care to explain how exactly you'll do that?
He never said not to verify with Patek. I told him I will be going to my local Patek AD that I am friendly with and they will look it over.

Paypal G&S works for any dollar amount/currency/region, etc. I called and confirmed it all, I will simply cover the additional fees. It can be done through CC, wire, etc, like any other payment with no issues. I have done it before for large amounts with no issues.
Old 23 November 2023, 07:48 AM   #85
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He never said not to verify with Patek. I told him I will be going to my local Patek AD that I am friendly with and they will look it over.
But I thought you said the seller was afraid of getting blacklisted? And why bring the watch all the way back to the US without getting authenticated there? You said you're already in Taiwan, why not just go to one of the dozen ADs there? There's more than half a dozen Patek ADs in Taipei City alone.

Quote:
Paypal G&S works for any dollar amount/currency/region, etc. I called and confirmed it all, I will simply cover the additional fees. It can be done through CC, wire, etc, like any other payment with no issues. I have done it before for large amounts with no issues.
That's not what I was asking but since you brought it up, you should double-check with PayPal. I usually just do bank wires for large transactions but the last time (several years ago) I used PayPal for a large deal, there was something like a $50,000 limit per transaction per week. Are you going to split the $250,000+ deal into 5+ transactions over 5+ weeks?

But what I was really asking was how you're going to convince the seller to sell their $250,000 watch via PayPal G&S? No sane seller will agree to that. I certainly wouldn't.
Old 23 November 2023, 07:52 AM   #86
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is why if he does not accept PayPal goods/services as a payment, I will not proceed.
You said in the other thread you plan to use PayPal G&S. No sane seller will agree to sell their $250,000 watch through that.
Old 23 November 2023, 08:25 AM   #87
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Will Paypal even do a $250,000 transaction? I think their max transaction amount is $60,000
Old 23 November 2023, 08:41 AM   #88
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
But I thought you said the seller was afraid of getting blacklisted? And why bring the watch all the way back to the US without getting authenticated there? You said you're already in Taiwan, why not just go to one of the dozen ADs there? There's more than half a dozen Patek ADs in Taipei City alone.

That's not what I was asking but since you brought it up, you should double-check with PayPal. I usually just do bank wires for large transactions but the last time (several years ago) I used PayPal for a large deal, there was something like a $50,000 limit per transaction per week. Are you going to split the $250,000+ deal into 5+ transactions over 5+ weeks?

But what I was really asking was how you're going to convince the seller to sell their $250,000 watch via PayPal G&S? No sane seller will agree to that. I certainly wouldn't.
Bro, it was a joke. I’m not actually flying to Taiwan ������

Working on PayPal logistics soon. Full amount won’t be done that way, only initial amount until it’s verified in the US.
Old 23 November 2023, 08:42 AM   #89
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
You said in the other thread you plan to use PayPal G&S. No sane seller will agree to sell their $250,000 watch through that.
Not doing the full amount through PayPal..
Old 23 November 2023, 08:43 AM   #90
pandapanda01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Will Paypal even do a $250,000 transaction? I think their max transaction amount is $60,000
Not doing full amount through PayPal.