The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 July 2020, 06:04 PM   #61
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
A lot of these out there by now. Tudor must be doing something to remedy this. This can't be the standard procedure going forward. Can it?
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 06:16 PM   #62
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but since we are talking about date change issue in BBGMT, I'd like to ask a question to current owners....

I bought my BBGMT a few weeks ago new from AD with full knowledge about the date issue, I really liked it when I tried it on so I'm willing to take the risk...

Anyway, last night I noticed a slow date change starting at approximately 10pm. Did anybody else experienced this symptom prior to full failure? Is this a sign more bad things to come? Or this is already part of the issue (random slow date change)? Thanks in advance.

This isn’t something which I noticed, though that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen to mine.

If I recall correctly my date change when working properly was always a quick and clean change shortly after midnight. I noticed after the defect started to occur the date change would be some time after midnight, say 30-60 mins.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 06:35 PM   #63
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

I would have given up after 2nd date problem and sold the POS or asked my AD to give me credit for something else
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 07:12 PM   #64
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Nor do we know the % of watches w/ the issue. Far too many anecdotal cases for sure. Again, there are still many like me w/ no issue at all, regardless when made.

However, being a member of this forum, and with the accumulated knowledge, I'd question buying one now.
dP
Have to agree Dan and one member already calling this watch and movement a POS.Some should not forget the problems with the Rolex cal 3186 when that was first introduced.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 07:22 PM   #65
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Tudor GMT Date Wheel Round 3

Quote:
Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but since we are talking about date change issue in BBGMT, I'd like to ask a question to current owners....

I bought my BBGMT a few weeks ago new from AD with full knowledge about the date issue, I really liked it when I tried it on so I'm willing to take the risk...

Anyway, last night I noticed a slow date change starting at approximately 10pm. Did anybody else experienced this symptom prior to full failure? Is this a sign more bad things to come? Or this is already part of the issue (random slow date change)? Thanks in advance.

No, never experienced a slow date change starting that far behind 12 am.
Is it behaving like you describe every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 July 2020, 09:52 PM   #66
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Mine changed quickly, snapping to the new date, about 3 or 4 minutes after midnight, when I've actually been up to see it.
Old 15 July 2020, 10:05 PM   #67
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Here we go, let's jump on board and bash a watch and the brand. Insult other members and make broad base statements without significant data. There is a problem with the BB GMT and I would like to hear from Tudor officially about it and the resolution. I have owned the watch three times. I got the first one my AD received and had no issues with it. I sold it when I bought the WG BLRO as I thought it was somewhat redundant in the collection. The second one I bought because I did not care if it was redundant, I just liked the watch. It had the date issue and I took it back to my AD and they swapped it out for a new one. No issues with it to date, pun on words. If it does develop the problem, I will deal with it. I do like the retro looks and I am wearing mine on the OEM leather strap right now and it gets a good amount of wrist time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200401_135920 (002).jpg (229.8 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by 1William; 15 July 2020 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 10:50 PM   #68
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Here we go, let's jump on board and bash a watch and the brand. Insult other members and make broad base statements without significant data. There is a problem with the BB GMT and I would like to hear from Tudor officially about it and the resolution. I have owned the watch three times. I got the first one my AD received and had no issues with it. I sold it when I bought the WG BLRO as I thought it was somewhat redundant in the collection. The second one I bought because I did not care if it was redundant, I just liked the watch. It had the date issue and I took it back to my AD and they swapped it out for a new one. No issues with it to date, pun on words. If it does develop the problem, I will deal with it. I do like the retro looks and I am wearing mine on the OEM leather strap right now and it gets a good amount of wrist time.

With or without issues me too can’t part from this watch. Mine is same configuration as yours.

Old 15 July 2020, 11:09 PM   #69
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
With or without issues me too can’t part from this watch. Mine is same configuration as yours.
Agree, and I certainly have no plans of getting rid of mine, one of my favorite watches. Also, those that know me know that I have a high regard for the Tudor product, as their watches now comprise about 1/3 of my collection.

However, Tudor is not addressing the issue the way a progressive company of their stature should be. One of the reasons I like the brand is they do things differently than big brother: better communication between reps/AD's, more bracelet/strap options, better accessibility of newer models, just to name a few. However, the behavior we're seeing out of Tudor right now is more like that of Rolex: stodgy and secretive, a total lack of transparency.

I would have expected better, to be honest.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 11:16 PM   #70
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:

Love mine too, and I don't even mind that I have to take it in for repair. What I do mind is that they don't seem to have actually FIXED the problem. They just swap it out for another of the same movements that will eventually have the same problem. Very frustrating to see this happen multiple times.

I really love the watch but I just don't know that I can do this multiple times. It amazes me that this issue is still out there two years after launch.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 11:16 PM   #71
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again, this watch is a ticking time bomb...

Resident numb nuts w/ their heads buried in the sand will say there's nothing wrong w/ this model but just go check out any Tudor GMT social media group. About half the members have experienced this issue, if not experienced it twice.

Got rid of mine and haven't looked back since.

All the best to you bud, hopefully it'll turn out well after the repair.
sadly it appears this member lived up to his name, went over the event horizon, and got banned. how I will miss his insightful contributions...
Old 16 July 2020, 12:07 AM   #72
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, never experienced a slow date change starting that far behind 12 am.
Is it behaving like you describe every day?

I've only noticed it one time, last night it changed instantly 5 minutes past midnight.
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 12:30 AM   #73
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Love mine too, and I don't even mind that I have to take it in for repair. What I do mind is that they don't seem to have actually FIXED the problem. They just swap it out for another of the same movements that will eventually have the same problem. Very frustrating to see this happen multiple times.

I really love the watch but I just don't know that I can do this multiple times. It amazes me that this issue is still out there two years after launch.
This is the BIGGEST problem imho.

2 years+ since release. There are 100s of people with issues (most likely 1000s worldwide) and they are still just replacing it with the same movement that will eventually have the same issues.

Not a way a company should be handling an issue that is quite widespread and especially to customers that its their 3rd or 4th warranty claim for the date change. If that is not ringing alarm bells at Tudor HQ to remedy the solution and actually acknowledge the problem and make it right then there is no trust in Tudor. They are doing a big dis-service to themselves and their customers the longer this runs on.

The customers are not stupid although some have rose colored glasses on. It needs to be addressed and addressed now. Being a master watchmaker and not getting a date change correct 2 years into production is just shameful and embarrassing for Tudor.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 12:39 AM   #74
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
I've had no trouble with mine. I love the watch. If it has an issue i will have it fixed. I won't sell it.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 12:56 AM   #75
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
I'm not sure what percent of the GMTs have this issue, but personally I will be avoiding similar Tudor movements until they get this sorted out and we hear about less frequently. OP, I'd get a 3187 Exp2 if you can. Of course BLRO if possible, but the 3187 seems to have not many issues compared to the early 3186s. And I haven't heard much about the 3285 having issues. Of course a 3130 based OP39 or Exp1 are both pretty bulletproof.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 01:00 AM   #76
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

I agree that the biggest problem is the communication or lack thereof from the brand and misleading info from ADs. I can accept that my watch is a mechanical instrument, is a new product and whilst not ideal, problems do happen. What I struggle to accept is the way in which the problem has been/is being dealt with.

Presently it feels like I am being fobbed off, lied to and treated in a way which I would never treat my own clients. It isn't befitting of a company such as Tudor. Whilst a large part of that is down to the AD, if Tudor publicly acknowledged the problem, and outlined how it was being addressed then there would be a clear and consistent message to owners who have suffered the defect.

By way of update mine 'should' be back at the AD w/c 27th July. If correct, this would be a 5 week turnaround. Whilst I'd love to keep the watch in my collection, I'm seriously considering selling it once I have it back.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 01:26 AM   #77
theken
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
I bought my BBGMT late last year on the same day that my AD received it. It has performed flawlessly and it is my favorite Tudor watch. Is it possible the the date change problem was solved in the later production?
With that said, I am very surprised that this model has a date change issue since that has never occured with any of the Rolex GMT watches I have owned including 16710, 116710 and 126710. Is it possible that an internal part can be broken when setting the date or GMT hand?
theken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 01:56 AM   #78
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

wow, this has to be super frustrating. Replacing watches with entirely new ones is a fantastically expensive way to deal with the issue, and almost certainly means that they don't have a way to actually fix the malfunction. Someone must have their bits in a vise over there in Switzerland.

I don't know what the incidence of this issue is, but it seems like its pretty bad. Bad enough to question the ethics of dealers who continue to sell them.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 12:16 PM   #79
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asal94 View Post
Absolutely! I am supposed to speak with the CSR manager at Rolex Canada in Toronto tomorrow. At first I thought i demanding a BLRO was out of the question.. but now i'm going to push for it.

Will let you guys know what Tudor decides to do when i hear back

BLRO has the same issue but doesn’t seem as prevalent.

This happened to me twice. After the second time, I flipped it.

~ Sheldon
Old 17 July 2020, 02:34 AM   #80
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 02:42 AM   #81
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
[QUOTE=Asal94;10746552]Pulled off my 116610LN this morning to change it up and was shocked to see this again!

The date wheel stuck between two days

lol in the past 15 months i have had the date wheel issue 3 times. After the second time Rolex customer service division and my AD actually offered to replace the entire watch in Oct 2019. That replacement watch worked perfectly until today.

Guess we're back to square one

What would you have them do? Keep servicing it or ask them to buy back the watch and trade up to a Datejust or maybe a BLRO if i get lucky??
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 12:04 PM   #82
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theken View Post
I bought my BBGMT late last year on the same day that my AD received it. It has performed flawlessly and it is my favorite Tudor watch. Is it possible the the date change problem was solved in the later production?
With that said, I am very surprised that this model has a date change issue since that has never occured with any of the Rolex GMT watches I have owned including 16710, 116710 and 126710. Is it possible that an internal part can be broken when setting the date or GMT hand?
As I recall, the movement was developed by Breitling. No joke- others can probably fill in the details.
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 12:12 PM   #83
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Lugs View Post
As I recall, the movement was developed by Breitling. No joke- others can probably fill in the details.
The Breitling/ Tudor collaboration was on a chronograph movement, not the GMT.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 01:04 AM   #84
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
The Breitling/ Tudor collaboration was on a chronograph movement, not the GMT.
dP
Thank you kindly for the correction! So I guess we can’t blame it on John Travolta & Company...
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 03:50 AM   #85
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Lugs View Post
Thank you kindly for the correction! So I guess we can’t blame it on John Travolta & Company...
Not this anyway.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 06:04 AM   #86
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

As I recall, Breitling's B01 is now the movement in Tudor BB chronos, and Breitling's B20 in turn is a three handed Tudor base movement.
Old 4 February 2021, 07:12 AM   #87
wjj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
Just when you thought it was safe........

I bought my Tudor GMT new in late 2018 and never had an issue with the date or anything else. Very accurate and fits my 7.75 inch wrist very well and looks great on a Rubber B strap.

Now this. I have not seen anyone report the problem I am having now. The watch now skips two days instead of one within a couple hours. It clicks over about 10 minutes after midnight (okay with me), but then clicks over another day between 2 and 3 AM. This just started a few days ago. Numbers are centered. It does not do it when you turn the hour hand manually. Only when the watch is running normally.

I am glad Tudor increased the warranty period because now it has to go in to be repaired or the movement replaced. Thought I was one of the lucky ones. Guess not.
wjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2021, 07:52 AM   #88
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
Just when you thought it was safe........

I bought my Tudor GMT new in late 2018 and never had an issue with the date or anything else. Very accurate and fits my 7.75 inch wrist very well and looks great on a Rubber B strap.

Now this. I have not seen anyone report the problem I am having now. The watch now skips two days instead of one within a couple hours. It clicks over about 10 minutes after midnight (okay with me), but then clicks over another day between 2 and 3 AM. This just started a few days ago. Numbers are centered. It does not do it when you turn the hour hand manually. Only when the watch is running normally.

I am glad Tudor increased the warranty period because now it has to go in to be repaired or the movement replaced. Thought I was one of the lucky ones. Guess not.

My BBGMT had the date issue the same way you explain it. Mine would never just get stuck and always skipped two days. I sent mine in for repair back in October of 2018 and all has been fine since.

I bought mine in June of 2018 and think I just missed the grandfathered extended warranty period.

Hope everything works out and it’s back to you quickly.

derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2021, 07:59 PM   #89
Ian Macdermott
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Sorry to hear that it's not been fixed if you are not happy see if you can get a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scrumpy View Post
If it were a car there would have been a recall by now!

There is a bit of a difference as far as I'm aware nobody dies because their watches date wheel has stuck.
Old 4 February 2021, 11:11 PM   #90
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
If the fix is done in Switzerland its a permanent fix as in a movement swap. Just send it and you sorted no big deal.