The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 September 2010, 08:48 AM   #61
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
I will admit that I was wrong. I tried to stay mutual. I believed Steve (obviously, he had no reason to lie), but I hoped that Tristan was somehow also in the right. I was wishing for this to be a misunderstanding. I wanted to believe that Tristan was a good guy, I really did. I know I am not alone.

But, $hit always floats no matter how deep it is. It will always surface and show its face.

I should've known. I have been scammed, so to speak, by employees in the past. They always ask for money because someone in their family is either sick or recently died. They usually ask to have $100-$500 advance on their checks and then never return to work. And it usually happens on Fridays. I should have known better. All scammers usually have the same M.O.

What still has me confused is the hospitality that he afforded Dalip and his family.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 09:20 AM   #62
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
There are thousands of flawless transactions done here on TRF every year. Every now and then there is a minor issue with the mail, or a slight disagrement with the item, but the issues are resolved in good order.

Regular sellers know better than to send a watch without tracking, and insurance. That is common sense. If it gets lost......the seller gets the money back, and should refund the buyer.

I'm all for keeping this place pure. We all enjoy the safety of dealing with trusted members. When someone is dishonest, and can't respect other honset people, they need to go.

The little paperwork issue regarding this incident was enough for me, and hope all sellers understand they need to treat other people's money with the utmost care.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 10:15 AM   #63
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep04 View Post
I will admit that I was wrong. I tried to stay mutual. I believed Steve (obviously, he had no reason to lie), but I hoped that Tristan was somehow also in the right. I was wishing for this to be a misunderstanding. I wanted to believe that Tristan was a good guy, I really did. I know I am not alone.

But, $hit always floats no matter how deep it is. It will always surface and show its face.

I should've known. I have been scammed, so to speak, by employees in the past. They always ask for money because someone in their family is either sick or recently died. They usually ask to have $100-$500 advance on their checks and then never return to work. And it usually happens on Fridays. I should
have known better. All scammers usually have the same M.O.

What still has me confused is the hospitality that he afforded Dalip and his family.

Hi Pep,

I would rather not say anything at this stage other than:

I have kept quiet on here so far as Tristan has promised he will make right what he still owes my family. If he does I will of course acknowledge that here
as I have made this and other comments insinuating as much. However, it has been 6 weeks since we were promised and so far nothing.

I have been involved in lots of phone calls, emails and SMS about all of this and it has been exhausting.

I am also deeply saddened by what has transpired with Steve.

But....what is important to me and my family is that Tristan still makes good. If anyone is in contact with him still, please urge him to do this.

To be honest it does not look good.

If he does not suffice it to say I will make clear what transpired. But please understand not because I want revenge of any kind...BUT because it's important for all members here to be aware.

Luckily I have met some fantastic people from TRF at other GTGs.....and it's vital that we all don't let this experience cloud us from that possibility... ever.

I have had many experiences over the years...but this one has left an incredibly bad taste.

All things come around which go around......I've learnt that. Retain strong principles and integrity.

Sorry I can't be more specific right now but I am respecting this mans right to make good for another few days.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 10:30 AM   #64
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Wow!!! This is crazy!!!! but still the question that hunts me....why all people STEVE?? I mean why STEVE? i know scammers tagets those who are weak,first time sellers,sellers with no experience etc etc...
I think Stan reflects my own opinions almost exactly. We have the facts of the matter and then the more subjective aspects of the "why?".

I don't think Stan is very far away at all but then ... who's to know for sure?
Old 11 September 2010, 10:31 AM   #65
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
[/I][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Pep,

I have kept quiet on here so far as Tristan has promised he will make right what he still owes my family. If he does I will of course acknowledge that here
as I have made this and other comments insinuating as much. However, it has been 6 weeks since we were promised and so far nothing.

I have been involved in lots of phone calls, emails and SMS about all of this and it has been exhausting.

But....what is important to me and my family is that Tristan still makes good. If anyone is in contact with him still, please urge him to do this.

If he does not suffice it to say I will make clear what transpired. But please understand not because I want revenge of any kind...BUT because it's important for all members here to be aware.

Luckily I have met some fantastic people from TRF at other GTGs.....and it's vital that we all don't let this experience cloud us from that possibility... ever.

I have had many experiences over the years...but this one has left an incredibly bad taste.

All things come around which go around......I've learnt that. Retain strong principles and integrity.

Sorry I can't be more specific right now but I am respecting this mans right to make good for another few days.

Sorry to hear this Dalip.

Hopefully Tristan is reading this thread (I bet he is) and comes through with his promises .... though after 6 weeks I am somewhat skeptical.

Come on Tristan.... you are only as good as your word.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 10:32 AM   #66
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Dalip,(I know this is after the fact)The Bad taste in my mouth was when Tristan started a thread braggin(Actually Laughing)about not being able to find his One of a kind DJ the morning after and driving home which He didn't remember.After a Post by NYC13,The thread was removed entirely.
I have been in the same situation many times over and am certainly not proud of my Recklessnes,as Tristan seemed to be.It was a dark morning for me
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 10:35 AM   #67
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Dalip,(I know this is after the fact)The Bad taste in my mouth was when Tristan started a thread braggin(Actually Laughing)about not being able to find his One of a kind DJ the morning after and driving home which He didn't remember.After a Post by NYC13,The thread was removed entirely.
I have been in the same situation many times over and am certainly not proud of my Recklessnes,as Tristan seemed to be.It was a dark morning for me
I deleted that one Tim.

It was on fire by response number 7. Crazy him bragging about drink driving.
Old 11 September 2010, 10:38 AM   #68
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

I to remember that Paul,and a good thing it was deleted quickly!!

My only hope is that Dalip is returned what's rightfully his!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 11:03 AM   #69
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
[/I][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Pep,

We have had a positive outcome with Mr. Onkyo's situation, Mr. Steve-O's situation and I hope third times a charm for you Mr. Dalip.

There are some people that just should not be allowed to conduct themselves on this forum and I strongly believe that the Admin and Mods have always done the right thing and I have never, nor would I ever question their judgement.

The only issue is that it is so hard to really understand who people are on an online forum. I always give people the benefit of the doubt but when something does not seem right 99.9% of the time it just aint right. I have been the victim of a scam, not on the forum, although it was online. It involved the purchase of a diamond that went "missing". I was sick over it. It sucked so I knew in my heart that when Mr. Steve-O made his initial beware post something was seriously wrong.

Good job Mods and Admin for taking out the trash!
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 11:35 AM   #70
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Hope your matter gets sorted asap Dalip.
FYI - Tristan has been reading this thread and he has PM'd at the other watch forum today. So I hope he is aware there is still time for him to do whatever is needed by Dalip.
It has been a "crazy" week, hope next week is a better one.
Good night all.
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 11:52 AM   #71
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I'm not going to gloat as it would be unbecoming, but I am usually right in these things. At the beginning when I was defending Tristan and passing his emails and relaying his phone calls I had a tiny bit of doubt, but the waters kept getting more and more murky. I live in Spain and in a small town and I can get anything done over the internet/3G etc. All fabricated to make time. As for why he chose the owner of what I think is the most popular Rolex thread in the world today to pull his scam on, who knows, maybe the thrill of the game, just ask Wynonna Ryder why she shoplifts. It's a mystery. It's done for now but I would monitor other WIS sites as well, who knows.

Those of you who PMd me, thank you, I was not trying to execute anyone, just present things how I saw them. If you remember I wholeheartedly supported Tristan at the beginning and considered him to be a friend. I did have a bit more information from speaking with some of the parties involved, but mostly I just read the threads and picked through the posts.

What a ride....

I'm sort of "indirectly" quoting you Nicko, that because you were dragged in to this by your kindness and trust in people, and perhaps by your geographic position...

Anyhow. Thanks, to TRF.

I'm glad this was brought to light, because I'm just frightened by the thought that, what if the buyer would have been me? I've sold a few things on the bay, yes, but that's a long time ago, I've bought a few things of some of the well know and established sellers here on TRF, but other than that, I'm sort of a no-body...

"T" was very well known on this forum, much better known than ie me, and thus has a fair deal of leverage, naturally. If someone like me would have been the victim, I would have had a hard time calling someone like "T" out as a scammer... "Luckily our boss" took the blow this time, and we should all be thankful for that.

Thanks for the heads-up, and taking the blow Stevo, we all owe you one.

Last edited by bayerische; 11 September 2010 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: typo
bayerische is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 11:55 AM   #72
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
Quote:
[/I][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Pep,

Hey Dalip,

I truly hope that you get what you are owed. But, after 6 weeks and what has transpired here with Steve, I doubt that anything will result in your favor. I still don't know Tristan and I don't like to pile on people because I don't know squat.

But, from what everyone is saying, Tristan has a lot to do to make things right with you and Steve.

I know he is reading this, and Tristan, I always thought of you as a good guy. But, dude, sounds like you've some people really dirty around here?
Asking you to do the right thing is a futile and childish thing to do. If you haven't by now, you won't ever.

You are lucky (or maybe knew from the get go) that you were dealing with some gentlemen that came to the forum after these issues and not someone that would resolve them in a different way.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 12:46 PM   #73
Nicko
Banned

Sorry Dalip, I truly am...

Quote:
[/I][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Pep,

Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 12:46 PM   #74
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon123456 View Post
We have had a positive outcome with Mr. Onkyo's situation, Mr. Steve-O's situation and I hope third times a charm for you Mr. Dalip.

Good job Mods and Admin for taking out the trash!
Me too Dalip!

Here-here!
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 01:01 PM   #75
Nicko
Banned

Tried to warn other on one of the "friendlier" forums only to have been banned in seconds! Man, they're fast. They can have this clown, let's just hope he doesn't do the same there.
Old 11 September 2010, 03:11 PM   #76
dalip
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your words all. Appreciated.

Wow they banned you Nicko....extreme to say the least.

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 11 September 2010, 03:15 PM   #77
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Tried to warn other on one of the "friendlier" forums only to have been banned in seconds! Man, they're fast. They can have this clown, let's just hope he doesn't do the same there.
Not so "friendly" then were they........
Let it rest Steve......Time will tell and catch up with all!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 05:35 PM   #78
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for your words all. Appreciated.

Wow they banned you Nicko....extreme to say the least.
In a flash Dalip.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog1000 View Post
Not so "friendly" then were they........
Let it rest Steve......Time will tell and catch up with all!
I am letting this die, not much else I can do, maybe some joint action, but not just one guy. It's not worth it.
Old 11 September 2010, 06:43 PM   #79
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Hope good outcomes happen in 3's Dalip.
In the last month or so, we've had a good outcome with Stevo and Pav, wishing your's is next
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2010, 08:29 PM   #80
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
man, that is so not cool - it wasnt like you mentioned "that issue" out of the blue

someone was commissioned and has obviously became a "protected species"), hence the quick ban on Steve over there. shocked to hear that

mmm.....
Old 11 September 2010, 08:48 PM   #81
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
man, that is so not cool - it wasnt like you mentioned "that issue" out of the blue

someone was commissioned and has obviously became a "protected species"), hence the quick ban on Steve over there. shocked to hear that

mmm.....

No, I just stepped in on a conversation where he was complaining about the treatment on TRF and I was quelled in a nanosecond, then banned.
Old 11 September 2010, 09:01 PM   #82
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, I just stepped in on a conversation where he was complaining about the treatment on TRF and I was quelled in a nanosecond, then banned.
yeah, thats what i was referring to - you simply "picked up" an existing conversation and tried to "carry on" further....

wasnt like - oh oh guys, this and that happened etc......

oh well!

live and learn - i will drink to that
Old 11 September 2010, 09:40 PM   #83
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:

mmm.....
What do you mean someone was commissioned Eric??

Nicko... You only tried to do the right thing.

If that forum administration is banning you based on legitimate information then so be it.

This man still owes me and I hope that no unsuspecting member there is taken in because if so: then on their heads be it.

Let's see how it pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11 September 2010, 09:44 PM   #84
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean someone was commissioned Eric??

Nicko... You only tried to do the right thing.

If that forum administration is banning you based on legitimate information then so be it.

This man still owes me and I hope that no unsuspecting member there is taken in because if so: then on their heads be it.

Let's see how it pans out.

Dalip, I know you are trying to be the good guy and not bring up your issue, but I don't think you are going to get any satisfaction from this guy. I think you should out him 100% and let the chips fall as they may. Tristan deserves no breaks, hopefully this thread is looked at by other people and can be used to deter any future dealings with this guy. He needs to be vetted now.
Old 11 September 2010, 09:51 PM   #85
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dalip, I know you are trying to be the good guy and not bring up your issue, but I don't think you are going to get any satisfaction from this guy. I think you should out him 100% and let the chips fall as they may. Tristan deserves no breaks, hopefully this thread is looked at by other people and can be used to deter any future dealings with this guy. He needs to be vetted now.
I understand your perspective Nicko. Please know I am not waiting to be the good guy at all. I am waiting because a final deadline for money to reach my family account has not passed. I am allowing him this final opportunity to at least make this much right.

Old 11 September 2010, 09:54 PM   #86
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
I understand your perspective Nicko. Please know I am not waiting to be the good guy at all. I am waiting because a final deadline for money to reach my family account has not passed. I am allowing him this final opportunity to at least make this much right.

Understand..
Old 11 September 2010, 10:05 PM   #87
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Understand..
I know you do mate

But this does not take away from the frustration of you being banned for simply bring this up in a conversation on another forum, already started by Tristan, where he is complaining about his treatment here.

Old 11 September 2010, 10:09 PM   #88
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
I know you do mate

But this does not take away from the frustration of you being banned for simply bring this up in a conversation on another forum, already started by Tristan, where he is complaining about his treatment here.
No worries, I didn't visit there much...
Old 11 September 2010, 11:35 PM   #89
esm
"TRF" Member

Hi Dalip, after re-read my post and have realised that I shouldn't have used the word "commissioned". It should be (quote) "requested" (unquote).

Will explain more when I get my head back on my shoulder after this "massive" spin class i have just been.
Old 11 September 2010, 11:42 PM   #90
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Dalip, after re-read my post and have realised that I shouldn't have used the word "commissioned". It should be (quote) "requested" (unquote).

Will explain more when I get my head back on my shoulder after this "massive" spin class i have just been.
You get yourself back together Eric.....