The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2020, 02:47 AM   #61
ndls
"TRF" Member

CHNR for your size of wrist. I tried on a SkyDweller for may 6.75 inch wrist - not too flattering unfortunately.
ndls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 03:43 AM   #62
Ci54
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sky Dweller
I’m wearing the black dial Sky Dweller exclusively now for the past two weeks and I am seriously considering not to take it off my wrist for a long long time. It’s a versatile piece and it fits almost all occasion.
Old 11 July 2020, 03:47 AM   #63
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
Get the two tone yachtmaster II with mercedes hands

Imagine how unique you would be
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 04:03 AM   #64
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I would grab the Sky Dweller, mostly because I don’t like the colour way of the Rootbeer. For size questions, I include pictures of each of these watches (with different colour ways) on my 7.75 wrist for you to compare.

I don’t find any of these watches too big, but certainly the SD43 wears bigger and taller than the Sky-Dweller. And of course the GMT is smaller in every direction than either. No problems with any of them fitting under my cuffs.

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 04:17 AM   #65
din64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndls View Post
CHNR for your size of wrist. I tried on a SkyDweller for may 6.75 inch wrist - not too flattering unfortunately.
Lol It shouldn't be flattering to everyone though. But I think it's a nice watch.
din64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 10:31 PM   #66
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
my wrist is 7.75" and I take wear these 3 on full length factory supplied links. You can see how much bigger the Sky-D is in comparison.

Old 12 July 2020, 05:45 PM   #67
CAN_VAN7
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for the help. I am amazed by the forum members. Much appreciated. Went and tried two tone SKyD today. Pretty big - love it but not much smaller than SD43. However - still love it. Will see two tone root beer tomorrow - will see. YM dark rhodium still in the running. Thanks again all
CAN_VAN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 10:50 PM   #68
Caynuck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_VAN7 View Post
Thanks all for the help. I am amazed by the forum members. Much appreciated. Went and tried two tone SKyD today. Pretty big - love it but not much smaller than SD43. However - still love it. Will see two tone root beer tomorrow - will see. YM dark rhodium still in the running. Thanks again all
Since the 43 felt a bit big the SkyDweller will aswell. The Rootbeer might be a better choice for you. Either way all great watches.
Old 12 July 2020, 11:12 PM   #69
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_VAN7 View Post
I’m glad to hear you had a chance to try one on.

I was faced with this decision back in 2018 (blue dial SkyDweller and Pepsi)....

Now I love larger watches (own 47mm Pam, owned Dblue, own SD43) but I wear them in rotation. If I were looking for a daily wearer I’d say the GMT will wear miles better (IMHO). I found the SkyDweller wore about the same as my SD43 FWIW. Could I pull it off, sure but when it came to comfort there was no comparison, the GMT was the easy choice YMMV.

Lastly, I’d say the other thing that tipped the scale to the GMT for me was the history of the reference, the classic 40mm size and of course legibility, which for me is an issue now that I’m in my 50’s
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote