The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 11 June 2012, 05:11 AM   #61
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
I've been listening to sports talk radio all morning and the fight results have been a huge topic of conversation....

One writer said that the women judge last night is universally regarded in the sport as a "bad judge" and he was shocked she even got the job last night. His definition of bad wasn't "on the take" bad, just plain incompetent.

The other two judges have lengthy history of title bouts on there resume.

For years, I have maintained that judges should be former fighters. I bet if the judges were George Foreman, Mickey Ward and Sugar Ray Leonard they would have got that fight right last night
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 06:35 AM   #62
Frogman4me
Banned

I'm with Steven A. smith on this one. "We should all never order another pay per view fight." The sport of boxing is dead.
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 06:51 AM   #63
SubmarinerMariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 100-04-11-01-04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman4me View Post
I'm with Steven A. smith on this one. "We should all never order another pay per view fight." The sport of boxing is dead.
I'm with you on that one...I didn't get to watch the fight, but I am surely NOT going to pay for the next fight. It seems like the only ones who won was the promoter (Bob Arum) who made a killing in this fight and 'could stand' to make another if people line up to see the 'conclusion' to this WWE like travesty.

I say, boycott the fight - and watch it on HBO on replay the week after. THEN, we see how boxing changes (if it does)...Ohhh, I also think they need to have a review on this fight, not necessarily to reverse the decision (that wouldn't be right either at this stage), but to figure out if it was incompetence, corruption, or manipulation.

SubmarinerMariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 08:37 AM   #64
jolimont
"TRF" Member

Watch: sundial
very disappointed
jolimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 10:10 AM   #65
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
ROBBERRRYYYYYY!!!!!!
He got robbed and walked away with $26 million +
All isn't lost, he'll come back and pick up more coin in the rematch.

Punctuality is the courtesy shown only by Kings

Dalip: "GTG posts are worthless without pics, absolutely worthless"
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 12:59 PM   #66
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
He got robbed and walked away with $26 million +
All isn't lost, he'll come back and pick up more coin in the rematch.
and another millions on the rematch...
Old 13 June 2012, 02:33 AM   #67
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
I guess Arum has filed a formal compliant with the Nevada Boxing Commission to look into the judging.

I read that one judge that scored Bradley the winner said "Bradley gave Pacquiao a lesson in boxing"..............really, what fight did you watch
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2012, 03:35 AM   #68
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
I guess Arum has filed a formal compliant with the Nevada Boxing Commission to look into the judging.

I read that one judge that scored Bradley the winner said "Bradley gave Pacquiao a lesson in boxing"..............really, what fight did you watch
That is just shameful to see a judge say somehting some blantantly stupid like that. The judges in this fight were idiots.
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2012, 04:13 AM   #69
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Boxing is not a sport,it`s a scam,how much more proof do you need?
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2012, 04:49 AM   #70
david_ord

Watch: Deep Sea 116660
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
The "lesson," if any, from this fight, is the what Pacquiao's so-called "Strength and Conditioning" coach Alex Ariza should learn from Bradley's camp. Bradley's dad got the fighter in phenomenal shape. Bradley came in with chiseled muscles of a bodybuilder, and the cardiovascular system of a marathon runner. The most amazing thing was, they did it without having to cut weight. Bradley weighed 147 the night of the fight. He went up one pound!! From the muscular build, people in the boxing community thought he was going to balloon to 160+ overnight and come in outweighing Pacquiao by up to 15 pounds. What ever they did, they produced in Bradley the perfect combination of strength and endurance. Too bad they couldn't teach him how to fight while they were at it.

Ariza, on the other hand, seemed to have done nothing, other than mix vitamin cocktails and shout encouragement throughout training camp. There was no systematic resistance training of any of the muscle groups that are important in boxing. He didn't even have Pacquiao do neck and shoulder exercises (so he could take a punch). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pacquiao has never done a single pushup in any of the 24/7's I've ever watched.

With all that money, I fail to see why Pacquiao doesn't hire real trainers with measurable credentials-- perhaps an M.D. and/or a guy with a PhD in exercise physiology . I tried to google Ariza years ago and I couldn't find anything about his medical or nutritional expertise. I doubt he's gone back to school since then.
david_ord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2012, 11:05 AM   #71
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_ord View Post
With all that money, I fail to see why Pacquiao doesn't hire real trainers with measurable credentials-- perhaps an M.D. and/or a guy with a PhD in exercise physiology . I tried to google Ariza years ago and I couldn't find anything about his medical or nutritional expertise. I doubt he's gone back to school since then.
His good friend John Daly advised him that it was a waste of time and money.

Punctuality is the courtesy shown only by Kings

Dalip: "GTG posts are worthless without pics, absolutely worthless"
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote