The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 November 2023, 04:54 AM   #61
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I guess this is for the person who already own multiple <insert your popular big name watches here> and looking for something that "you can't find this on your wrist" situation.

I think they will find 20 buyers. this is not for the every one.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 04:00 PM   #62
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Unfortunately with the market cooling off this model tends to make even less sense to the end customer. But this model of business is not specific to MING and seems to be adopted across the industry, specially among independents. I know Czapek has pre-orders going to 2025, for example. While I too dislike parting with my money for long periods of time in a turbulent economy, I still take comfort in the fact that I will get a watch eventually, and I don't have to play games of any sort to get myself an allocation.

On a positive note, I think MING understands this as well because they've drastically cut down their lead times for their more 'affordable' releases like the 37.07 Monolith and the 37.08 Sand, which are scheduled to be delivered a month or two after launch.
But did they deliver on their moonphase watch that went on sale in august?
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 01:46 AM   #63
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
But did they deliver on their moonphase watch that went on sale in august?
I don't know if they've delivered all of them, but I personally know a few people that got theirs already.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 10:59 PM   #64
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Sand is sold out now - not bad
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2023, 09:05 AM   #65
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I got my 37.07 Monolith this week, so they were right on target (at least for me) on their shipping.

Has anyone actually gotten off the waitlist for their models. I like the GMT Gilt, which says you still can put your name down for on the waitlist.

Anyway, obligatory shot of the new watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2023, 09:17 AM   #66
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
I got my 37.07 Monolith this week, so they were right on target (at least for me) on their shipping.

Has anyone actually gotten off the waitlist for their models. I like the GMT Gilt, which says you still can put your name down for on the waitlist.

Congratulations on the Monolith!

I managed to get myself a watch from the waitlist (20.11 Mosaic), and I know a few others that were able to get the 37.05 Moonphase and the GMTs from the waitlist too. So I would say go ahead and give it a try. It also helps to follow up with an email letting them know that you're genuinely interested in the piece.
Old 3 December 2023, 11:49 AM   #67
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
They did a great job on the Sands watch but they are a one trick pony that needs to breakout more like with the Sands watch
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2023, 10:52 AM   #68
dmottley
"TRF" Member

I was contacted for a 37.07 off of the waitlist last month and received it in about 3 weeks.
dmottley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 01:12 PM   #69
Mk2rick
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Damn that black case looks sexy! Does the lume light up compared to other Ming models? I remember there was a fine print on the Ming website that mentioned that luminosity of this piece will not be as bright as other Ming pieces. Which turned me off getting one.

*Note that being dark grey, luminosity of the mosaic pattern on the Monolith is a little lower than the 37.07 Mosaic.
Mk2rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2023, 12:50 AM   #70
Bmats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk2rick View Post
Damn that black case looks sexy! Does the lume light up compared to other Ming models? I remember there was a fine print on the Ming website that mentioned that luminosity of this piece will not be as bright as other Ming pieces. Which turned me off getting one.

*Note that being dark grey, luminosity of the mosaic pattern on the Monolith is a little lower than the 37.07 Mosaic.
Yeah, that's the bummer about it. The center mosaic pattern is much less bright and doesn't show up all that well when you do a UV light test on it.
Old 12 December 2023, 12:20 PM   #71
Bmats

Although with a UV light and phone picture it looks pretty good. Perhaps better than real life though. But not as dim as I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 December 2023, 12:30 PM   #72
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Damn that lume shot is awesome
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 02:10 AM   #73
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Since this thread is starting to become somewhat of an unofficial MING thread, here are some pics of my 37.05 Series 2:

And some macros of the dial:

Old 14 December 2023, 01:44 PM   #74
Mk2rick
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Although with a UV light and phone picture it looks pretty good. Perhaps better than real life though. But not as dim as I thought.

Jeez thats a sick lume shot.

They need to fix their luminova mixture to get their watches to glow naturally without the need to use UV light to bring out the beauty of their lume dials. I have a ming watch but it doesnt glow as brightly as my GMT II whenever i transit from being in the sun to the shade.
Mk2rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 07:20 PM   #75
chet1022
"TRF" Member

I own two Mings. I don't think it oversaturated. It is what happens when Ming's production ramp-up meets with the market trend. For me their business model and aesthetics are in line with their value proposition from the very first day. And some of their models are indeed unique.
chet1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2023, 05:59 AM   #76
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk2rick View Post
Jeez thats a sick lume shot.

They need to fix their luminova mixture to get their watches to glow naturally without the need to use UV light to bring out the beauty of their lume dials. I have a ming watch but it doesnt glow as brightly as my GMT II whenever i transit from being in the sun to the shade.
Unfortunately not all MINGs are lumed the same. My Ming 18.01 and Ming 20.11 are my most potent, and perhaps the best lumed watches in my collection which includes a few Rolexes too. But the 22 series and 37 series unfortunately don't have the same level of intensity or longevity where lume is concerned.
Old 11 January 2024, 01:47 AM   #77
RodBNYC
"TRF" Member

I wholeheartedly disagree about Carlotta. She has been super helpful and responsive in resolving an issue I had. I was at the NYC event, and thought she was the best of the bunch there.
RodBNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 03:29 AM   #78
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBNYC View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree about Carlotta. She has been super helpful and responsive in resolving an issue I had. I was at the NYC event, and thought she was the best of the bunch there.

Good to hear! Separately, it is interesting that the 20 gold pieces that kicked off this thread in November haven’t sold out yet. High price point for sure, but a cool watch.

Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 04:28 AM   #79
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Anything sells in any market at the right price.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 02:15 PM   #80
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Since this thread is starting to become somewhat of an unofficial MING thread, here are some pics of my 37.05 Series 2:

And some macros of the dial:

Wowsers! Love it. How is it in real life? I noticed Ming watches look 100x better in real life even when the watches are stunning in photos
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 03:56 AM   #81
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
I feel an independent needs to offer exceptional value at the price point to justify the risk associated with them.

For me, this isn't really exceptional on the movement end, design or anything else.

Let alone at that price.

Easy pass.
Is the risk future loss of value or the closure of the company with related long term service issues?
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 02:59 AM   #82
johnsonlong
"TRF" Member

Watch: speedmaster
Ming was fun when they first came out thanks to their limited supply and unique aesthetics. Like other brands, they want to make money so tons of releases each year have made them less desirable. Also, from a technical aspect, people realize that Ming charges a premium on the standard movements they use
johnsonlong is offline   Reply With Quote