The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2024, 04:11 PM   #61
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
Maybe we all need thicker skin around here. Both the people piling on the 32xx movements and the people who are offended by the people piling on 32xx movements

As they say after all…all is fair in love, war and luxury watch bashing
Exactly this . People from both sides need to realise for some people this is a real issue. I've had two 32** go bad, but there are plenty that have had them and they are running great!

Non-believers are far too dismissive of the problem, rude in fact, and should be kinder in the way they approach people who are rightfully complaining. We all love Rolex but they are clearly not perfect.

On the flip side, those who've had the issue (me included) need to realise not all watches have been effected and people are happy with their high performing 32** movements.

Anyway, can we get back to discussing this rather boring GMT…
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 04:51 PM   #62
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
AD got the new GMT for exhibition. It’s not as bad as I thought…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Exactly this . People from both sides need to realise for some people this is a real issue. I've had two 32** go bad, but there are plenty that have had them and they are running great!

Non-believers are far too dismissive of the problem, rude in fact, and should be kinder in the way they approach people who are rightfully complaining. We all love Rolex but they are clearly not perfect.

On the flip side, those who've had the issue (me included) need to realise not all watches have been effected and people are happy with their high performing 32** movements.

Anyway, can we get back to discussing this rather boring GMT…

But this thread was not about the 32xx movement. That’s all some of us are saying. Personally, I think it’s not cool to hijack someone else’s thread, and even less cool to make fun of that thread. Oh, and I’m not ROFL. I was enjoying the discussion about the new GMT.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 05:04 PM   #63
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
But this thread was not about the 32xx movement. That’s all some of us are saying. Personally, I think it’s not cool to hijack someone else’s thread, and even less cool to make fun of that thread. Oh, and I’m not ROFL. I was enjoying the discussion about the new GMT.

Kat

Dont shoot me down Kat, I'm trying to bring people closer together on this issue, not drive them further apart...
Old 22 May 2024, 05:31 PM   #64
hojlund
"TRF" Member

I like this watch, black is a symbol of power and nobleness, look what those world leaders ride. rolex know what they are doing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault-2.jpg (40.4 KB, 460 views)
File Type: jpeg 6555120536d588dc55d103d6.jpeg (203.5 KB, 471 views)
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 06:29 PM   #65
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
Frankly even leaving aside their issues like brittleness I find that the hyper-shiny look and oversized numbers looks quite naff.
Yeah. It's a miracle that the 6542 ever sold.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 08:57 PM   #66
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
I'm trying to bring people closer together on this issue, not drive them further apart...
No chance … and forget the nonsense "…the new GMT released at Basel…"
Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge.
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 09:05 PM   #67
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
It’s like comparing a black and white TV to a color TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 09:18 PM   #68
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
No chance … and forget the nonsense "…the new GMT released at Basel…"
Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge.
Ah yes! The 'new' GMT that was actually released in 2007!

Oh sorry, you mean the one with the half new grey bezel from 2024
Old 22 May 2024, 09:26 PM   #69
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I think the color scheme works best on two tone or all gold. The SS is still very nice, but maybe a touch monochromatic looking.

Overall I still think it’s a beautiful reference
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 09:37 PM   #70
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I think the color scheme works best on two tone or all gold. The SS is still very nice, but maybe a touch monochromatic looking.

Agreed, it looks good on the TT with a Jubilee, and the full gold version.

Thats what makes me laugh about people getting excited about the 'new' GMT. No part of this watch is new, the watch is from 2018 and the bezel is from last year.
Old 22 May 2024, 09:44 PM   #71
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
It’s like comparing a black and white TV to a color TV.

Good analogy. There are often times when a B+W movie or photograph are incredibly beautiful in their pure simple elegance. The GRNR is that way for me. Already lots of color available in other GMT’s and dial faces.

I am looking forward to the another monochromatic piece. We all have our own preferences. Although with that line of thinking I would rather see the GMT hand and text be grey rather thn green. Rolex never thinks like me in every way.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 10:18 PM   #72
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

⬆️⬆️⬆️ agreed! Looks great on TT & YG.
I still have the original all black ceramic in SS
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 11:45 PM   #73
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Sad they didn’t do the lettering and GMT hand in a grey or white.
That green turns me off on this reference.
Old 23 May 2024, 12:27 AM   #74
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Sad they didn’t do the lettering and GMT hand in a grey or white.
That green turns me off on this reference.
Agreed - I have no idea why they didn't change the green elements to white, grey, or even red, to better differentiate it from the original 116710LN. As it stands, it just looks both unfinished (in terms of the bezel colour), and something of a parts-bin-special.
Old 23 May 2024, 12:56 AM   #75
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
Good analogy. There are often times when a B+W movie or photograph are incredibly beautiful in their pure simple elegance. The GRNR is that way for me. Already lots of color available in other GMT’s and dial faces.

I am looking forward to the another monochromatic piece. We all have our own preferences. Although with that line of thinking I would rather see the GMT hand and text be grey rather thn green. Rolex never thinks like me in every way.
Not everyone wants flashy colors. I prefer your analogy of the silver screen (think Casablanca) or fine art B+W photographs (think Leica). I also agree another hand/text color would have worked better, perhaps a Mark II in the future (?). Cheers
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 01:00 AM   #76
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

I like it.

Old 23 May 2024, 01:10 AM   #77
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
If offered by my AD I wouldn’t say no, I think it has to be worn and work out in natural light if it works for the individual .. sometimes one man’s boring is another man’s beauty .. it’s not a model I’ll chase, same as last years, they look good but they don’t shout at me nowhere near what the BLNR girl or boy does, and even Pepsi our old friend the BLRO - that would be before this GRNR … but whoever gets one I’m sure will be very excited ..
As a point of note .. GMG watches recently got one claiming first grey market one in UK or the World and paid around £20,000 .. and isn’t shifting, so they’re not that popular ..
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 01:12 AM   #78
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post

Kat

Kat 90% of threads on this forum transcend into chaos or sidetrack all over the place ..
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 03:00 AM   #79
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Sorry, I still don't get it. It still reminds me of a LN with glare from sunlight. How and why they chose grey and black in those shades is still a puzzle wrapped in an engima wrapped in idiocy.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 03:16 AM   #80
Tobyone
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dayton, gmt BLNR
I like it, my first rolex was the all black ceramic gmt. I sold that watch and regretted it. This for me is a great nod to that watch. Under stated and cool. Also lm trying to get a full set of ss GMT’s, the only one left is the BLRO. Been on a few lists for 4 years plus, will be going grey if it doesn’t turn up by Christmas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1170.jpeg (157.9 KB, 420 views)
Tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 05:02 AM   #81
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
I had a good luck at the all gold one yesterday. I like it. My personal preference is for true bicolours bezel - the grey and black are kind of cool but it very much looked all black to me.

But I do like the watch. Could easily be a one and done. Surpassingly good on the jubilee which it suits more than the BLNR in my own opinion.

Roddypeepa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 06:50 AM   #82
lee fowler

Watch: GMT
Looks so much better in the flesh.

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 07:56 AM   #83
MartiR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster
I think it looks great. Curious to see where it lands in demand over the next few months.
MartiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:00 PM   #84
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Inferiority complex and low self esteem. Can't understand that a major brands make products for anyone other than them. Center of the universe syndrome. Poor guy, must be a miserable.
This is right up there with some of the most ridiculous posts I've read in the nearly 15 years I've been a member of this forum

You say you've had 10 32xx movements without a problem. Lucky you.

Many of us have not been as fortunate. Some of us have had multiple "failures"

To assert that anyone being unsatisfied with what should be an extremely robust and reliable product but has been proven not to be many cases (all of which are consistent in the failure experienced) has an inferiority complex and low self esteem with centre of the universe syndrome is itself rather pathetic.

Given the conviction with which you speak of having zero issues, presumably you still have all 10 with the 32xx movements? And you have recently tested all 10 and all 10 have returned healthy and in spec amplitude readings within Rolex's amplitude test parameters and none have shown any material drop off in timekeeping from when new?

Because, you know, that's really the only way to say none of your 10 have or have had a problem.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:01 PM   #85
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Now, back to the point of this thread. I'm a fan on Jubilee. Not so much on Oyster.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 12:41 AM   #86
Stupot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
Kat 90% of threads on this forum transcend into chaos or sidetrack all over the place ..
She knows, she comments on every one.
Stupot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 01:09 AM   #87
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
This is right up there with some of the most ridiculous posts I've read in the nearly 15 years I've been a member of this forum

You say you've had 10 32xx movements without a problem. Lucky you.

Many of us have not been as fortunate. Some of us have had multiple "failures"

To assert that anyone being unsatisfied with what should be an extremely robust and reliable product but has been proven not to be many cases (all of which are consistent in the failure experienced) has an inferiority complex and low self esteem with centre of the universe syndrome is itself rather pathetic.

Given the conviction with which you speak of having zero issues, presumably you still have all 10 with the 32xx movements? And you have recently tested all 10 and all 10 have returned healthy and in spec amplitude readings within Rolex's amplitude test parameters and none have shown any material drop off in timekeeping from when new?

Because, you know, that's really the only way to say none of your 10 have or have had a problem.

No, not all watches are long term keepers and only the favorites, or most useful, become a daily. I’ve been collecting complications for a long time, if I kept them all, I would’ve had to stop buying long ago.

I wore a 226570 daily for 3 years, it is more accurate than the 216570 I had worn daily for 4 years prior. My wife’s daily 126710blnr is more accurate than the 116570blnr she had worn daily previously. We have experienced no issues with 32xx or 31xx movements, but overall we have been happier with the longer, weekend proof, power reserve.

Seeing this thread title, I clicked on it to read firsthand experiences with the new GMT as most Rolex watches look better in person than in pictures. Unfortunately, the thread had been crapped on by movement haters who aren’t content hating in their own dedicated movement hating threads.

I could post on every Daytona thread that it’s small and puny with hard to read hands and poor legibility. But why ruin someone else’s great experience just because a watch isn’t meant for my wrist? Instead I save those zingers for when some knucklehead is crapping on a watch I like.

And I do like the black and gray for a subtle daily. Not for my wrist, but I imagine it’s a great look

Old 26 May 2024, 01:22 AM   #88
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I saw it in person yesterday.
Found it quite underwhelming.
Looks like an LN partially bleached.
AD says very little requests for it which makes sense to me.
But, different strokes for different folks.
Old 26 May 2024, 01:29 AM   #89
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I saw it in person yesterday.
Found it quite underwhelming.
Looks like an LN partially bleached.
AD says very little requests for it which makes sense to me.
But, different strokes for different folks.

My AD claims to have received a lot of requests for it, but it wasn’t a great watches and wonders for exciting new Rolex releases.

Old 26 May 2024, 07:34 PM   #90
MrMercedes
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many!
With a 116710LN in my collection, I´ll pass on this one.
MrMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote