The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 February 2024, 12:15 AM   #61
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Got to ask a question, I'm British, I've seen a few NFL games on TV but never really watched them properly. I have two mates, one is an avid NEP fan and the other is a SF49 fan. I sometimes ask them to explain the game to me but usually zone out.

Every year they go to Wembley/Tottenham stadium to watch NFL even if their team isn't playing.

Do you as American fans do this? do you watch other teams.

I support West Ham and Lazio both in Football (Soccer as you guys call it), if I lived in America or Australia and Arsenal were playing Cheslea I wouldn't go watch it or watch it on TV.
Luch one hand
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:22 AM   #62
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjb88 View Post
Got to ask a question, I'm British, I've seen a few NFL games on TV but never really watched them properly. I have two mates, one is an avid NEP fan and the other is a SF49 fan. I sometimes ask them to explain the game to me but usually zone out.

Every year they go to Wembley/Tottenham stadium to watch NFL even if their team isn't playing.

I support West Ham and Lazio both in Football (Soccer as you guys call it), if I lived in America or Australia and Arsenal were playing Cheslea I wouldn't go watch it or watch it on TV.
If Lazio was in contention for the Scudetto and Juventus was playing Roma, you would take an interest in watching that game if it meant Juve needed to lose. Other than that, playoff or championship games always get audiences from other fans just to see who will win.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:25 AM   #63
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Super Bowl

Quote:

I’m a HUGE Eagles fan. I never miss a game. In terms of other games, it varies. I watch the games that impact the standings and playoff positioning. But if it’s a game with two mediocre teams, and there are no playoff implications, then it’s often difficult for me to maintain interest.

Also, when we moved from Pennsylvania to Florida, we tried to give the Florida teams a chance and tried rooting for them. But it just didn’t happen. Being Eagles fans is genetic and ingrained in our DNA. And that’s a big problem with all the Florida teams. Lots of transplants down here that root for their teams they grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:31 AM   #64
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: big fat invicta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
It’s not absurd at all. Time will tell.

lol ok, whatever you say
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:33 AM   #65
omar10213245

Watch: big fat invicta
Quote:

Yes. I love football. It's by far my favorite sport, and really, it's the only thing I will make preparations in advance to watch, either on TV or in-person. Once the season is over, I really don't turn my tv on much. I'm a Steeler fan, but I'm a fan of the sport, first and foremost, so I'll watch whatever game might happens to be on the tv.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:39 AM   #66
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
… Lots of transplants down here that root for their teams they grew up with…
I can see that honestly.

Aren’t there as many Leaf fans in Florida as there are rooting for the Bolts or the Panthers? It doesn’t help that they’re all snow birds
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:56 AM   #67
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It doesn’t help that they’re all snow birds
#Truth
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:58 AM   #68
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
If Lazio was in contention for the Scudetto and Juventus was playing Roma,

I'd just check the scores on flashscores haha.
Luch one hand
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 01:47 AM   #69
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I can see that honestly.

Aren’t there as many Leaf fans in Florida as there are rooting for the Bolts or the Panthers? It doesn’t help that they’re all snow birds

I live in a development in St John’s county, just south of Jacksonville. Nobody in this development is from Florida. Very little support for the Jaguars. But lots of Eagle, Giant, Patriots, Steeler and Redskin fans here.

Also, there is one area that we affectionately call the Philadelphia section of our development. There are five families from Philadelphia within close proximity. We all root for the Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies and don’t care about much about the Floridian teams.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more Leaf fans down here than Bolts or Panthers.

When the Eagles or Giants play in Miami or Jacksonville, it’s literally a home game for them. The Eagle / Giant fans outnumber the Dolphin / Jaguar fans.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 08:49 AM   #70
Yoda_Eating_Pizza

Watch: 26
Quote:

Mostly I just watch only my team. I'll only watch other teams on TV if there's a division rival that I want to lose, but even then it's rare.

Hockey on the other hand--time allowing, I'll watch delayed streams of division rival games as well as my team.

BTW even as an American, I've always thought it was weird to call American football "football." I mean, the ball only ever touches someone's foot a handful of times for the entire game..
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 10:36 AM   #71
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:

The idea of watching other competitive teams with some star power has driven the "game of the week" model seen through Monday night and Sunday night football. Marquee match ups that take place when no other games are in progress. This also draws in casual fans who might not otherwise have rooting interest in a particular team.

This Super Bowl drew 123 million watching the US. Relatively few were Chiefs or 49'ers fans first and foremost.