The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2019, 01:47 PM   #61
BossupRada
"TRF" Member

I got a call for a Batman GMT about three months after I told the AD I was interested. Having only spoken to the watch manager once prior to that.
BossupRada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 02:57 PM   #62
newshound
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO Chrono Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost2perfection View Post
I walked into an AD in Hong Kong around 2015ish. Dealer told me they had zero SS Daytona at the time. After chatting for 30 min and he realize prior my family’s relationship with them. He told me there’s one SS white Daytona. I was very happy as white was what I wanted. The watch was in a clear plastic box he has taken out from their safe. And I picked I bought it! I don’t even try to build a relationship by my area in NY as there are plenty of ppl who buy so many watches.
Lol, tail end of last year I was on the hunt for the Tudor BB58 whilst visiting HK and was told "no stock" without even opening my mouth, literally just approaching the Tudor counter and they turned me away!

I managed to pick it up after a 3-4 month wait in Singapore albeit on the leather strap. It's not a daytona (which I already have) but I liked the watch and it helps to establish a relationship with that particular dealer.
newshound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 03:16 PM   #63
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
I got the call with no history. SS Skydweller blue face. Since then I have purchased all of my Rolex through him, with the exception of a ND Sub I luckily picked up at Heathrow airport.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 02:12 PM   #64
jagwar.jim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I got my BLNR with no prior relationship here in the UK at one of the major ADs.

I went in in January, to two or three different ADs and asked about the BLNR, they all told me 2-3 years wait, and said to write my details down. It was for my 30th birthday in May, so 2-3 years wasn't the best news.

I decided to focus my efforts on one of them (the nearest to my flat!) and would just pop in every 4-6 weeks and see how it's going, if there was any update. One of those times I went in with my girlfriend and whilst we waited for the person I normally chat to to be free she tried on a few watches. We ended up being invited to the release event for the new watches after Baselworld 2018, which was good fun. Then in June (about 3 weeks after my birthday) I got 'the call' and went in that Saturday to pick up. Been happy with my watch ever since!

So it is possible to get something with no history. I think it was just a case of showing the passion is real, and that you are serious. I had never bought before from that shop, didn't have any other luxury watches to speak of: just my father's watch from the 60s and a Seiko diver I bought myself.

Be friendly, be patient, and be genuine. And then add a bit of luck.
jagwar.jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 02:27 PM   #65
johnny.tran1
2024 Pledge Member

gotta spend the moola if you want priority
johnny.tran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 02:49 PM   #66
cure
"TRF" Member

I bought RG DD40 and ask for SS Skydweller.

He found it in a week. This is how it works.
cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 03:51 PM   #67
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member

Got my Batman aug 2017 with zero relationship. Just called and fell on a nice salesperson who said she’d be back to me within a day or 2. Then told me she had one coming in week after if I wanted it.

I was shocked, but new to the Rolex game so didn’t truly appreciate how lucky I was at the time
Old 26 February 2019, 03:54 PM   #68
FoolioABC
"TRF" Member

Who has gotten "the call" without AD relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatronMTL View Post
Got my Batman aug 2017 with zero relationship. Just called and fell on a nice salesperson who said she’d be back to me within a day or 2. Then told me she had one coming in week after if I wanted it.

I was shocked, but new to the Rolex game so didn’t truly appreciate how lucky I was at the time

That was immediately before the present shortage. I bought my blnr in July of that year by walking into a store and asking for a non-display model, and was essentially handed the coffin to open. All three of the ADs in my area had at least one at the time too. By like October of 2017 things were totally different and my friend was describing the now familiar nightmare process of trying to source a nodate sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FoolioABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 12:58 AM   #69
samcarlos
"TRF" Member

I got the call for a hulk with no purchase history from the ad. I did go in about 5 times prior to the call. Just talked to several sales associates at the store and found the right sales person that was hungry to make a sale. Some sales would tell me there is no chance I would get a hulk and would take about 6 months to a year for a Batman. I Kept in contact with her Thru text for about 3 months. She would notify me with all new Rolex inventory. I told her to place an order for a blnr, but if a hulk came in, I would buy that one. She called me two weeks after the special order was placed. My advice is find someone at the store that really has interest in making a sale, be friendly , and keep in touch. You will get yours eventually. Picked it up Jan 2019
samcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 07:47 AM   #70
Bobby T
Banned

After Baselworld 2017, I put my name on 2 lists for the Red Seadwellerwith ADs I had no relationship with. Within a month, I got a call from one of the them an, one year later, got the call from the other. As a result, I have established a very nice, ongoing relationship with both.
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 08:38 AM   #71
brigadoonb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
We moved several states over and past AD wont ship. So now, we have started fresh locally. Almost a year with 5 ADs on a 3 watch wait list. No call yet...even after several personal visits.
brigadoonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 08:44 AM   #72
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

I've tried with the only AD I have dealt with in Rolex purchases, periodically checking in on a DaytonaC.

Bottom line is there are external forces that determine who gets the call at this AD and it probably isn't my rep. I've stopped pursuing and just moved on with my life. I'm tired of chasing watches at this point in my life.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 11:22 AM   #73
doublevalley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sea-Dweller
I was lucky enough to get a call for an SD43 from Collette at Bachendorf's in Dallas with no prior relationship (other than the initial call inquiring about the watch). Unfortunatly, I had to pass at that time but she was a pleasure to deal with in all regards. I commend her and the AD for excellent communication and giving me a call when she said she would. Highly recommended if you're in Texas.
doublevalley is offline   Reply With Quote