The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 January 2022, 04:51 AM   #61
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg18 View Post
I like the brushed look as well. However, is it just the picture, or does the sub bracelet not line up as flush with the lugs as the BLRO oyster bracelet? It doesn't seem to be as nice of a fit.

Never thought of this tbh but you’re correct, it doesn’t. It fits the curvature of the case perfectly but doesn’t follow the lugs perfectly.

But as mentioned above it’s not perfect on the sub either.

(Same bracelet mounted on 114060)
carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:02 AM   #62
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I would love to get a 116610 brushed bracelet with Glidelock and put on my 126710 BLRO, but the GMT springbars are far thinner than the endlink holes in the submariner bracelet, so to me it would be mechanically compromised … in other words not as strong as Rolex would have designed it. This is ultimately the reason, I won’t be doing that mod. Also, unless Rolex authorizes a replacement Oyster bracelet for my GMT BLRO originally fitted with jubilee, I won’t be attempting to do any such thing myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:39 AM   #63
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmartin View Post
Never thought of this tbh but you’re correct, it doesn’t. It fits the curvature of the case perfectly but doesn’t follow the lugs perfectly.

But as mentioned above it’s not perfect on the sub either.

(Same bracelet mounted on 114060)
You're right, it wears the same as it does on the sub. It actually highlights the lugs on the BLRO a lot more based on the picture. The more cohesive look of the stock bracelet looks a little better for the whole case package, but I agree I prefer brushed.
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2022, 11:51 PM   #64
rro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmartin View Post
For OP:

Availability:
1. The oyster option is still within the 12 months lock-up period, which means that as it hasn't gone 12 months since its release, the system only allows for replacement.

2. If your 126710 came on jubilee, you can't add the oyster yet without returning your jubilee (but you will be able to once it has been out more than a year).

3. If your 126710 came on oyster you can order the jubilee as an add (and keep your oyster) on as that configuration has been out more than a year (I have done this).
Anyone know if you can get an Oyster bracelet now for the 126710 on Jubilee, since it’s now been over a year since release?
Old 8 May 2022, 01:36 AM   #65
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rro View Post
Anyone know if you can get an Oyster bracelet now for the 126710 on Jubilee, since it’s now been over a year since release?
I'm not sure about other parts of the world, but I did stop by RSC Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 28th April 2022 and inquire (for the 4th time since 2020) about buying an Oyster bracelet for my 126710BLRO on Jubilee, and the lady told me it is still not available for sale yet.
Old 12 May 2022, 07:09 AM   #66
opresso
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
FINALLY was able to pick up my Pepsi last week from my AD...yeah! It came with the oyster and I would like a jubilee to switch back and forth. I called the NYC RSC and was told I could do a 1-to-1 trade of my oyster for the jubilee through my AD. They clarified that it is a trade and I could not purchase the jubilee separate because Rolex does not sell spare parts...lol. It is a bracelet, not a hairspring. SO, I decided I will just hold on to my oyster and hopefully get lucky enough to pick up a jubilee on the forum eventually.
opresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 10:53 AM   #67
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

Similar story with my Sky-Dweller. SA told me that I would have to surrender the Oyster to get a Jubilee and it would be probably 4 weeks before it was in. I’d rather not pay 2k to give a bracelet up.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:16 AM   #68
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
In NYC, if you purchased a GMT with an oyster, you can purchase the jubilee bracelet. If you purchased a GMT with the jubilee, you cannot purchase the oyster. At least not now.
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 02:57 AM   #69
MikePRT
"TRF" Member

Not sure if public knowledge but Rolex UK will now sell BLRO/BLNR oyster bracelet to owners who have the watch with a jubilee bracelet. Went to Rolex St James square today who fitted an oyster bracelet to my jubilee BLRO. £1,600…now have the best of both worlds!

MikePRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 03:07 AM   #70
skipstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: My first, Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRT View Post
Not sure if public knowledge but Rolex UK will now sell BLRO/BLNR oyster bracelet to owners who have the watch with a jubilee bracelet. Went to Rolex St James square today who fitted an oyster bracelet to my jubilee BLRO. £1,600…now have the best of both worlds!

Old 8 February 2023, 03:09 AM   #71
blada4life
"TRF" Member

ADs typically dont know anything. call RSC. but to sum it up, you should be able to buy it. What rolex does is in the first year or so of release, they wont let you do it (to keep the product "new"), but after that you can buy the bracelet. at least thats what RSC told me. for example, the first year sky dwellers came out on jubilee, you could not do it but now you should be able to.
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 03:31 AM   #72
MikePRT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
ADs typically dont know anything. call RSC. but to sum it up, you should be able to buy it. What rolex does is in the first year or so of release, they wont let you do it (to keep the product "new"), but after that you can buy the bracelet. at least thats what RSC told me. for example, the first year sky dwellers came out on jubilee, you could not do it but now you should be able to.

I did sporadically during 2022 and RSC said it wasn’t permitted. This stance has now changed and got RSC UK to supply and fit an oyster bracelet to my jubilee BLRO today.

MikePRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 09:00 AM   #73
R35GTR
"TRF" Member

Here is my experience. Bought my BLRO new from my AD in early 2022 with oyster bracelet. I asked her to order jubilee bracelet and she said she couldn’t but I could call RSC. I visited Beverly Hills RSC and bought a jubilee from them for 2200 usd. I recall either my AD or the RSC saying if you bought the watch originally with an oyster you could add the jubilee but not the other way around. That was last year so I have no idea if that’s changed.

I will say having 2 bracelets for this watch is amazing. I wore the jubilee for about a year and just last week I had my oyster put on. Totally new and different watch experience.

Edit: they let me keep both bracelets.
R35GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 11:42 AM   #74
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Great to hear RSC is selling the oyster. Is it the PCL version or brushed version? I’m assuming PCL since that’s how they offer it. I ended up purchasing a brushed version from Sub for BLRO. I wanted to toned down aspect and I think it looks killer. Also get the fully adjustable clasp vs the 5mm extension only of the PCL. Not a cheap bracelet tho!
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 12:28 PM   #75
Furrygoat
"TRF" Member

RUMOR or TRUTH: You can buy a bracelet for a Rolex GMT 126710 (Jubilee or Oyster)

I called RSC Dallas about 2-3 months ago and I am completely serious that they told me I had to send my watch in and they would install the new bracelet and keep my old one for the ~$2k price quoted above.

I had to struggle to be polite.

Furrygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 01:09 PM   #76
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
I purchased a BLRO on oyster on October 2022, I ordered the jubilee at the time of purchase. Took 3 months to receive but no issues for me. I was able to keep both bracelets. $2500 cost. I didn't ask if it came with a jubilee if I could order oyster and keep both however..
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 01:39 PM   #77
juanriv
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1965 Longines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrygoat View Post
I called RSC Dallas about 2-3 months ago and I am completely serious that they told me I had to send my watch in and they would install the new bracelet and keep my old one for the ~$2k price quoted above.

I had to struggle to be polite.

I contacted my AD this past week and asked if he could source me the BLRO oyster bracelet and the answer was yes. Put a deposite on the order, 3 weeks to come in. I believe that calling RSC is a hit and miss thing. I also believe that if you purchased your watch from an AD, they are your best chance.
juanriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 02:36 AM   #78
durangojim
"TRF" Member

Any updates on anyone being successful getting a jubilee for their 126710 from an AD? I've tried my 2 ADs after I bought my 126710 BLNR in September and they told me they can no longer order bracelets. Anyone have any advice?
durangojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 06:49 AM   #79
tsekh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
Any updates on anyone being successful getting a jubilee for their 126710 from an AD? I've tried my 2 ADs after I bought my 126710 BLNR in September and they told me they can no longer order bracelets. Anyone have any advice?
If your AD said no, then no.

It used to be that you can order a jubilee separately if you order your watch with an oyster, and vice versa. But Rolex has changed their policy last year.

The above is what my AD told me. I ordered a Datejust 41 from my AD a few years ago. At the time, he told me that if I wanted he could order me a separately bracelet. I was also on a list for a Batman (1216710 with oyster bracelet), and my AD told me to buy it even if it ended up that they could only get me the Batgirl (126710 with jubilee), because they could always order the oyster bracelet for me.

However, when I finally took up my AD's offer to order a separate bracelet for Datejust last summer, my AD was told by Rolex that it could no longer be ordered separately. In the end, my AD was able to push back and placed a "special order" for me as he told Rolex that he had promised me the bracelet before the policy change. It took 8 months for the bracelet to arrive.

I was also finally offered a Batman by my AD a couple of months ago, and he reiterated that the policy has changed and they could not order a jubilee bracelet for me.

Long story short. The official policy from Rolex is that you cannot order a separately bracelet from them anymore. But there are special circumstances under which the AD can still do so, but I think there are some hurdles for them to jump through. That means, if you don't have an established relationship with the AD, they 100% won't order it for you. If you have a good relationship with your AD, they maybe able to push hard and get one for you.
tsekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 05:15 AM   #80
WILLIWALKER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
New regulations: Only the Oyster can be purchased separately, the Jubilee cannot.
So if you want the duo, you have to go for the jubilee then buy the oyster.
Old 12 January 2024, 09:21 AM   #81
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

I love my Rolexes, but I’m also happy to be done. Way to much BS with this brand
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote