The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 March 2012, 10:38 PM   #61
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
Infact you may not, AP was well before Hublot with rubber staps on sports watches, AP was the first REAL luxury brand that offered a rubberstrap when the launched the ROO....
I believe the roo lineup came in 1993? Hublot came out with the rubber strap in I believe 1980...
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2012, 10:57 PM   #62
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
Infact you may not, AP was well before Hublot with rubber staps on sports watches, AP was the first REAL luxury brand that offered a rubberstrap when the launched the ROO....
Are you saying Hublot can't even hold onto their much tauted and very proud innovation of a rubber strap!? I mean that was their claim to horological fame. Hehe
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2012, 11:24 PM   #63
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Basically ever watch company takes ideas from each other just like the car industry. In conclusion I think people should buy what makes them happy.If you can look down at your watch everyday and love it then thats all the matters. Bottom line almost every watch tanks, or is hated by others, is too big ,too small,to antique , not in house, blah blah blah. Buy what makes you smile....
Old 17 March 2012, 11:57 PM   #64
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
Basically ever watch company takes ideas from each other just like the car industry. In conclusion I think people should buy what makes them happy.If you can look down at your watch everyday and love it then thats all the matters. Bottom line almost every watch tanks, or is hated by others, is too big ,too small,to antique , not in house, blah blah blah. Buy what makes you smile....
I agree. But the point of a watch forum is to dicuss/ramble about watches you like or dislike. I bet this is the first time Hublot has created enough interest for a three page thread
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 12:17 AM   #65
RBR76
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
ETAs at sky high prices. Not even COSC certified.

Nay.

Get pre-own at a fraction of the price.
RBR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 01:39 AM   #66
DD GT3 RD
2024 Pledge Member

Im ok with some of the simpler models.

Love one of their straps. Its a leather on rubber so it fits like a rubber strap and is very comfortable as well as being water proof so you can swim with it.
DD GT3 RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 09:57 AM   #67
Macfan
Banned

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW View Post
Both brands are owned by the same company Swatch Group, And movements and parts are from Zenith in their "in-house" movements.
I say you are full of it. If what you say is true, Hublot could have their arses sued off for false advertising. Don't make such claims if you can't prove it. If you can prove it, I'd SINCERLY like to be educated, and I mean that.

Also, there are some Hublots that have features that you can't get in an AP. The King Power series is a great value considering the cutting edge materials and features those watches offer. Couldnt touch an AP for that kind of money. More over, they are striking.
Macfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 09:26 PM   #68
Naya72

Watch: Keep it simple
Nay.....Not the model, Not the price...
Naya72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 10:21 PM   #69
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan View Post
I say you are full of it. If what you say is true, Hublot could have their arses sued off for false advertising. Don't make such claims if you can't prove it. If you can prove it, I'd SINCERLY like to be educated, and I mean that.

Also, there are some Hublots that have features that you can't get in an AP. The King Power series is a great value considering the cutting edge materials and features those watches offer. Couldnt touch an AP for that kind of money. More over, they are striking.
Read a bit further and you will see next post which corrects it to LVHM Group. Also- how about a bit of tact instead of your harsh response? We are all here to share, learn and enjoy ourselves.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2012, 10:27 PM   #70
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Old 18 March 2012, 10:37 PM   #71
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post

That makes 2 of us--Major Neigh!!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2012, 07:54 PM   #72
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Someone opened a topic yesterday on TZ Hublot forum, asking about the Zenith vs. Hublot movement connection. The thread is gone now, I guess mods have removed it. Interesting, to say the least...
Old 23 March 2012, 07:01 PM   #73
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfli View Post
The nayest of nays.
amen brother
Old 23 March 2012, 07:09 PM   #74
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaasta View Post
Since about everyone else is saying no, I'm going to say yes. I got this a few days ago and it's amazing. Let conservatives be conservatives but I like mine. Must admit that I don't like all Hublot's at all, but some models are really striking. The same goes to AP. Like some of them, but not nearly all. Besides, the price tag on a basic AP chrono is just rediculous at the moment. Come on, 21k € for a steel ROO chrono...

Will that fit under your cuff??

Do you wear it over your wristbone as in the pix?

How comfortable is it?

What is the diameter of that one?

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2012, 03:22 PM   #75
Sponon
"TRF" Member

Hublot
Sponon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2012, 09:13 PM   #76
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Not for me
Old 24 March 2012, 09:14 PM   #77
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
That's the reason I'd never wear a Rolex... I wouldn't want to appear as a douche
Old 24 March 2012, 09:24 PM   #78
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Quote:
That's the reason I'd never wear a Rolex... I wouldn't want to appear as a douche

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2012, 02:13 AM   #79
carsebnic
"TRF" Member

Wow sooo many "nays"...I'm most def. in the "Yay" camp...

The aero bang you speak of is a super cool looking piece in my opinion! I owned that exact piece and thoroughly enjoyed it. The all ceramic case with the contrast of the skeletonized dial along with the gummy gator strap (my current favorite strap) make for a very attractive piece. In fact I only traded out of it to step into a RG Big Bang which was a piece I had my eye on for a while.
As far as some of the criticisms I've heard in the past most are around the movement issue. I find it very interesting that I've had this "movement" discussion with people while they're literally wearing Panerai pieces (127,360 etc...) which command such a high premium for nothing more than an eta movement! Not knocking Panerai as I love that brand too...it just strikes me as funny. I'll tell you that one of my FAVORITE pieces is the old style Hublot Rose Gold Big Bang. I've chosen to keep that in the stable over many other pieces in my collection (AP 15202, Patek Nautilus 5712, countless AP ROO's to name a few). Some might call that sacrilegious but I call that MY opinion. I love and thoroughly enjoy my Hublot. I think it's combination of polished bezel along with the brushed and finished case play very well together and I actually found it to be a better looking execution of the rose gold sport watch than AP's RG ROO (which I happen to really like too) but at a fraction of the cost! Also, another note from a wearability stand point...as much as I love the look of my offshores on the hornback straps I always found the deployant uncomfortable and the taper on the strap a bit absurd for the size and height of the case. What I loved about the Hublot was that lack of taper and better proportions of the case (on my wrist at least) along with the way the strap folds into the deployant making for a clean and comfortable fit. Last but certainly not least is the issue of after sales service and ownership experience for the brand. I can't think of another brand with a CEO (well former CEO) who's so involved he answers questions on the boards, issues extended warranties and does what ever humanly possible to ensure an amazing ownership experience. They have hands down been the best in after sales service of ANY of the brands I've dealt with. That counts for something too. I want to be clear I'm not AP (or any other brand for that matter) bashing as I love AP I'm only saying that in my experience collecting many brands my Hublot(s) have had their place right next to the Pateks, AP's, Rolexes and Panerai. All this is obviously just my opinion of course :) Buy whatever makes you happy!
Carlos
carsebnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2012, 06:50 AM   #80
Aivas47a

Watch: Love them all
Big Nay.
Aivas47a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 10:45 AM   #81
InTime
Banned

nay
InTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 04:10 PM   #82
ghaddar
"TRF" Member

Nay!!
ghaddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 04:28 PM   #83
simonmcc
"TRF" Member

If I see someone wearing a hublot I wonder if they know anything about watches.
simonmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 04:41 PM   #84
Ristretto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmcc View Post

I think of the very same thought.
Old 30 March 2012, 07:15 PM   #85
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
As someone said Hublot sponsor my team Manchester United and i think Sir Alex Furguson wears one and maybe some of the players do too. Even though i support them it wouldn't make me want to buy one,as they are not my cup of tea.Why couldnt United be sponsored by Rolex !
RRGHOST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2012, 05:35 AM   #86
cgjane
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116509 BlackArabic
nay, I see a few of them here in Miami, not my cup of tea.

For the money I would go with an AP, or another AP for that matter.
Old 1 April 2012, 07:15 AM   #87
Luv2watches

Watch: On which day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmcc View Post
Wow. That's totally opposite of my experience. I didn't appreciate the brand until I learned a lot about it and had grown board with other watches. Now my Hublot is one of my favorites in my collection. I doubt anyone goes and buys a Hublot as a first high end watch. In fact, every Hublot owner I've encountered is a well seasoned watch afficianto. With that said, the company HAS matured a LOT in the last decade. Your assessment may be correct depending on what generation of Hublot you are talking about. But the newer pieces are amazing.

Moreover: (I wasn't going to get into the weeds, but here I go) I don't think it's fair to compare Hublot to AP. You can't touch a comparable AP for the price of a Hublot. They are not even in the same league.
Luv2watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2012, 03:10 PM   #88
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2watches View Post
Wow. That's totally opposite of my experience. I didn't appreciate the brand until I learned a lot about it and had grown board with other watches. Now my Hublot is one of my favorites in my collection. I doubt anyone goes and buys a Hublot as a first high end watch. In fact, every Hublot owner I've encountered is a well seasoned watch afficianto. With that said, the company HAS matured a LOT in the last decade. Your assessment may be correct depending on what generation of Hublot you are talking about. But the newer pieces are amazing.

Moreover: (I wasn't going to get into the weeds, but here I go) I don't think it's fair to compare Hublot to AP. You can't touch a comparable AP for the price of a Hublot. They are not even in the same league.
I also agree with you. I have collected and sold watches for 15 plus years. I recently purchased a Hublot and I love it.The watch has 5 different shades and always looks different. I bought the watch becouse I fell in love with it. Pictures do these watches no justice. I must say also, alot of Ap owners own a hublot and vice versa.. I feel this company is moving in the right direction...
Old 1 April 2012, 03:19 PM   #89
Feras
Banned

Watch: Rolex,Tag
Not into Hublots, neither AP neither the PP NAUTILUS. Sorry for disagreeing with most of you AP and Hublots fans :)
Feras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2012, 06:25 AM   #90
herbie911
"TRF" Member

I saw President Obama wore a Hublot a few years back. I wonder whether it got some special self defense device in it cause it was incredibly big!

I do like some of their watches but just like GS, with only middle class income, I can't see myself buying one!
herbie911 is offline   Reply With Quote