The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 December 2009, 03:19 AM   #61
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWdrummer View Post
Some of these stories really make me feel good, better perhaps about things. I realize I am not alone. It's not just ME, who has things come up and getting in the way. Sometimes the fight is better than the prize itself.

To see so many people come from impoverished or meager beginnings, and rise about it and persevere is truly inspirational.
In my family my mother had to raise four kids almost completely alone. We lived in some very bad places because of it. My mother is the reason Im not dead or in prison today. The temptations, the desperation and hopelessness of the situation at hand was crushing at times. There was very easy money to be made in certain ways. My mother taught me that there is no easy money. She kept me away from all of that. I didn't ever want to hurt her. That is what kept me out of major trouble.

I see Im not the only one. Most of the people I grew up with were dead or in prison by the time we were all 20 or so. My mother could read the writing on the wall, she moved us all to Florida to start a new life, away from all of that filth and all of those bad and negative people.

I had to grow up very fast too. I hope that if anything, people can take from this thread a sense of hope. That is you do keep your eye on the prize, set goals, work hard and wait, then you will get where you are going.
To those who came from more stable or better backgrounds, never stop thanking your parents for making the sacrifices to give you a better life.

My mother on her death bed, she apologized to me. I stopped her, I told her "Mom, you have nothing to apologize for, NOTHING at all. You were an wonderful mother, the best mother anyone could have. All of my lowlife friends all adored you, and if they had mothers like you, they might be alive today, or walking free instead of doing life without parole. I wouldnt trade one day of my life, including any of the hardships because I got to spend them all with YOU mom. I love you more than you know, more than life."

That was one of the last things I ever said to my mother. She passed away in her sleep the next afternoon after a brave and long four year battle with cancer. She was the toughest, bravest and strongest person I ever knew. Her doctors were stunned she made it as long as she did. The could not explain it medically. Such was her will and spirit. She told me two days before she died "Im not afraid to die, I have had my life, a mostly good life, and you kids made it worth living, I love you all and I just dont want to leave you." Even at the end she was thinking of others. That is where I got it from.

If I never see a Rolex in my life. I will die happy, knowing I gave everything I could and that I had to help my mother, in some small part to try to pay her back for a lifetime of service to us kids.

Sorry for the long post guys.
Touching story and inspirational!
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2009, 03:19 AM   #62
Dr.B
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS White Daytona
Gaby, good choice....Family always first....everything else is expendable.
Your SD will be waiting for you in the future.
Dr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2009, 03:25 AM   #63
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.B View Post
Gaby, good choice....Family always first....everything else is expendable.
Your SD will be waiting for you in the future.
Thanks Fernando!
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2009, 04:01 AM   #64
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Gaby, you are so right family first! Wish there were more folks out there like you and that are on this forum.

You will get your SD soon, good things always happen to good people. Good luck,just wait.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2009, 04:07 AM   #65
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
Gaby, you are so right family first! Wish there were more folks out there like you and that are on this forum.

You will get your SD soon, good things always happen to good people. Good luck,just wait.
Thanks, Mark
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote