The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 March 2007, 04:11 AM   #61
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Prezzie, Prezzie, Prezzie.....enough of all these antics and Tom foolery!! Why not just come out with the absolute TRUTH!!

Did you or did you not buy a Rolex (new or otherwise - as long as it's genuine). Stop giving members the runaround. Even a joke has its limits....you are bloody CONFUSING to say the least!!!

I for one, like you and find you good sport at times, but even I'm starting to get a wee bit annoyed with this silly therad.

For Heaven's sake, would you please just tell us the damn TRUTH?

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 14 March 2007, 04:14 AM   #62
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Prezzie, Prezzie, Prezzie.....enough of all these antics and Tom foolery!! Why not just come out with the absolute TRUTH!!

Did you or did you not buy a Rolex (new or otherwise - as long as it's genuine). Stop giving members the runaround. Even a joke has its limits....you are bloody CONFUSING to say the least!!!

I for one, like you and find you good sport at times, but even I'm starting to get a wee bit annoyed with this silly therad.

For Heaven's sake, would you please just tell us the damn TRUTH?

Thanks - JJ
The truth is I do not own a Rolex or anything marked as a Rolex.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:14 AM   #63
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
It was Tag's girl related.
Stop dragging poor Ashley into this, Prezzie. Just see my post above and tell us the TRUTH. Is that too much to ask?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 14 March 2007, 04:15 AM   #64
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
The truth is I do not own a Rolex or anything marked as a Rolex.
So what was the big idea of starting up this silly, inane and puerile thread?

Old 14 March 2007, 04:16 AM   #65
President
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
So what was the big idea of starting up this silly, inane and puerile thread?
A joke. You know, haha, and all that.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:17 AM   #66
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
At least that means he does not own a fake. I hope.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:18 AM   #67
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
A joke. You know, haha, and all that.

You idiot....this could well might be a joke that gets your ass banned clean off the forum - PERMANENTLY this time!! Just be careful with your silly humour. Trying to give you some good advice here, pal!! LISTEN!!!

Old 14 March 2007, 04:18 AM   #68
President
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
At least that means he does not own a fake. I hope.
I don't own a fake anything, not even a zircon.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:25 AM   #69
astcell
"TRF" Member

This comes under "crying wolf" I believe. Now if/when you get a Rolex no one will believe you. You already used up your congrats.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:26 AM   #70
Blue Bull
Banned

Much ado about nothing
Old 14 March 2007, 04:27 AM   #71
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
This comes under "crying wolf" I believe. Now if/when you get a Rolex no one will believe you. You already used up your congrats.
Yes...very true!!

Old 14 March 2007, 04:31 AM   #72
President
Banned

Why is everybody so serious about this? Hotrod said he would buy everybody a Rolex because he won the lottery. How is this different? A couple of days ago I said it would be ages before I could even think about it seriously again.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:31 AM   #73
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
I don't own a fake anything, not even a zircon.
Well Prez why post a fake thread about buying a Rolex,when you knew it was was totally fake.Why post a picture of a fake,why post a link to a fake replica site.Why after several PMs advising yourself several times to think before you post.I keep asking myself why,but just cannot find a answer.But I suggest posts like this one, that you said was a joke.Perhaps next time the joke will be on you,and I am not joking.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 14 March 2007, 04:46 AM   #74
ofelas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dinged & Gouged
'Negative attention is better than no attention' syndrome?
Old 14 March 2007, 04:52 AM   #75
astcell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why is everybody so serious about this? Hotrod said he would buy everybody a Rolex because he won the lottery. How is this different? A couple of days ago I said it would be ages before I could even think about it seriously again.

Humor is subjective. Maybe in your country folks find humor in saying they have a fake Rolex. Some get it and some don't. You obvioulsy don't. You may wish to stick to serious posts and forego the home made jokes.
Old 14 March 2007, 05:14 AM   #76
advocatia
Banned

Watch: PAM 422 GMTIIC
I try to give all the benefit of the doubt.

Some people have an odd sense of humor.

This post, however, is just bizarre, a complete waste of time and really child-like. Sorry it is. The negative attention suggestion was spot on.

And... RIP Atomic ???? Give me a break.
Old 14 March 2007, 06:14 AM   #77
Fiwi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ladies SS/Plat YM
. . .Revoking my congratulations.
Old 14 March 2007, 06:19 AM   #78
astcell
"TRF" Member

Hey Melissa I like how you dot your i!
Old 14 March 2007, 06:21 AM   #79
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Seriously, Rodney (Hotrod64) slipped in little innuendo that tipped anyone off that his thread was a joke. Additionally, his insistence that he had won the lottery PRIOR to the announcement of the winners was a no-brainer. And just plain common sense rounds out why Rodney's thread was known as a joke from the start by everyone.

Yours, on the other hand, could very well be true and plausible. Your reluctance, or just plain inability, to phrase it in a way that it could ONLY be a joke is what has everyone upset.

My recommendation: Try not to try so hard. Just post honestly and respond honestly. A joke is OK, if we KNOW it is indeed a joke. You have already been to the "time-out room". I was hoping that lessons had been learned. Prove that I am right!

Last edited by Prince; 14 March 2007 at 08:06 AM..
Old 14 March 2007, 06:23 AM   #80
kakalika
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub-Date
Quote:
Prezzie, this forum is too mature for you.
Old 14 March 2007, 07:07 AM   #81
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
OK, I was not going to give this thread any more attention that it deserves, but I feel like saying my bit.

Homage posts? ... well, OK.
Sexist quips and insulting remarks to well respected forum members thinly disguised as jokes or ?.... most certainly not OK.
This altogether lengthy, unfunny and utterly perplexing post about buying a fake Rolex, which may or may not have been a vain attempt at some sort of humour.... again, not OK.

President, you don't have to own a Rolex here. You clearly like watches... and that's all you need, really. You mentioned that you enjoy the Open Forum, jokes etc... that's OK, we all do too!
Some of us liked to read your posts.

But if you continue to berate other members, make nonsensical posts, encourage the traffic of counterfeits and generally go about things with a cockeyed manner, you will find yourself increasingly alienated and ignored by the members here.

I, for one, am growing rather tired of it, and I hope this is the last I will say about it. Because... if you don't like a thread... don't read it. Simple as that people, simple as that.
Old 14 March 2007, 07:19 AM   #82
President
Banned

What's this about sexist quips?
Old 14 March 2007, 11:16 AM   #83
astcell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What's this about sexist quips?
Stop trying to change the subject and read the other 99% of the post, it makes sense and you need to read it!
Old 14 March 2007, 11:32 AM   #84
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Ok, so I am new around here so I know diddly. I do know this though. I thought you got a Rolex and I was happy for you. I read about it. Hell, I wanted to read about it. You wasted my time. I'll get over it, but I don't see your angle or any humor. I don't care if you own one or not. I was just happy for you.

What's the point? There is no point. I'll pass on reading your threads or posts for the most part.

Last edited by Gaijin; 14 March 2007 at 02:25 PM..
Old 14 March 2007, 12:20 PM   #85
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
What's the point? There is no point. I'll pass on reading your threads or posts for the most part.
I'll pass on reading any of them any more.

I can't be bothered wading through monosylibical nonsense when I log into a Rolex site to discuss horology. I'm not sure what this person is trying to prove, but he should do it on a website where other like-minded juveniles congregate.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Old 14 March 2007, 12:51 PM   #86
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
I thought I would make a comment. When Hotrod mentioned he won the Lottery, I was just happy to hear that he would buy us Rollies. I didn't care if he was telling the truth or not. I was just happy for him. I only share any and all comments with you guys. You guys mean alot to me. Now, Prezzie said he got a Rolex was cool. Now that he put a fake and fake site here is just a slap in the face.
Old 14 March 2007, 01:04 PM   #87
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
ignore list-ed
Old 14 March 2007, 02:09 PM   #88
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Grow up. What are you, 15?

FcB
Old 14 March 2007, 02:21 PM   #89
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Attention grabber??

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
Grow up. What are you, 15?
Old 14 March 2007, 03:01 PM   #90
pcarson

Watch: 16610 Sub Date
I'm new so I won't wade too far into this, but can't someone just lock out this thread, and leave The President to consider his fate?

I was watching last week and I was fascinated to see a chap who called himself C.R.E.A.M. and the mess he got himself into with his attitude. Personally, I didn't understand what he was driving at, but then I'm a long way away from his uber-cash omni-Rolex life. I wasn't sure what to make of him, but I think I would have seemed like an alien to him too. It was certainly hard to warm to him early; he came out blazing, got canned and now he's (apparently) gone. As a newcomer I thought that was a shame. Not to say he didn't deserve something, but I wondered if his withdrawal didn't deprive me of a chance to learn something.

Anyway, here I am, new and all, and President pulls this odd thing. I don't get it, sure can't figure out why or if it's funny or clever and am pretty certain it has nothing to do with watches. The guy's schtick is to be the Andy Kaufman of the forum, and he's done that in spades this time. It will be a test of the forum's collective confidence to see if having a Kaufman is worth the occasional extremely odd piece of behaviour. Do you want a surrealist performance artist with horological interests? If not, then keep biting the guy. If it's worth the indiscretion, then lets all just go away for a bit and see what happens next.

A lot of people think Andy Kaufman is still alive, but that's another thread. What I do know is that an awful lot of people wished he was.
Closed Thread