The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 May 2016, 08:17 AM   #61
MTROIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eacast View Post
I love so much the look of this watch that bought two of them and they have both been sitting on my safe box from day 1. Every week i open the safe to look at its dial, which inspires my days. The trailer in youtube for this watch makes me feel as part of the Apollo mission and the inspiration they felt that day: Everyone united to reach a goal.

Long live Silver Snoopy, lol..

You don't even wear one of the two? Lol
MTROIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:26 AM   #62
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats! The lume on these is so cool!
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 01:00 AM   #63
GolfGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love so much the look of this watch that bought two of them and they have both been sitting on my safe box from day 1. Every week i open the safe to look at its dial, which inspires my days. The trailer in youtube for this watch makes me feel as part of the Apollo mission and the inspiration they felt that day: Everyone united to reach a goal.

Long live Silver Snoopy, lol..
You don't even wear one?!?!?

How about you sell me one at msrp and i will wear it everyday ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
GolfGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 12:49 PM   #64
Eacast
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Lol... I'm considering on selling one of them to get funds for a AP ROO, and keeping the other one on the safe box, but sure wont be at msrp. My idea from day one on the second Snoopy was for an investment, and should have taken advantage of getting a third one but l let the opportunity passed at that time and later was sold yo someone else.
Eacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 11:19 PM   #65
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Lol... I'm considering on selling one of them to get funds for a AP ROO, and keeping the other one on the safe box, but sure wont be at msrp. My idea from day one on the second Snoopy was for an investment, and should have taken advantage of getting a third one but l let the opportunity passed at that time and later was sold yo someone else.

Seems as if prices are already dropping. Better move it soon or play to hold it another 5-10 years.
Current Collection: Rolex 126619LB, 116710BLNR, and 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster and Planet Ocean 42; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Nomos Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & SuperOcean 44; Doxa 300 Pro Carbon; Stowa Limette; Laco Napa Flieger; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2016, 12:07 PM   #66
MTROIS
Banned

Shame that money can (too) often trump real passion and interest.
Wished Omega would be more diligent at picking the people who have access to limited series... Similar to Ford with selection process for Ford GT model: they are looking for brand ambassadors, not mere investors.
Old 19 May 2016, 02:00 PM   #67
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Wished Omega would be more diligent at picking the people who have access to limited series... Similar to Ford with selection process for Ford GT model: they are looking for brand ambassadors, not mere investors.
This is what they're trying to do with the new CK 2998 with the Boutiques....and am getting blasted for it in other ways. There is no win for them and can't satisfy everyone.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2016, 10:36 PM   #68
GolfGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
X2...

A family friend of ours has been invited by Ford to be one of the 400 people to purchase the new GT to the tune of $400k. I believe he got the invite because he purchased one of the 2005-06 GT when they were released (for the bargain price of $150k)... funny thing is that his 05-06 is just sitting in his car barn, never registered, with 17 miles on it... kind of like keeping the stickers on a watch and letting it sit in a safe I guess... but to each his own..

It's nice to see them reward loyalty, but it also shuts out a lot of enthusiasts (who have that kind of $$$$ to spend on cars)...

Old 20 May 2016, 01:16 AM   #69
MTROIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy View Post
X2...

A family friend of ours has been invited by Ford to be one of the 400 people to purchase the new GT to the tune of $400k. I believe he got the invite because he purchased one of the 2005-06 GT when they were released (for the bargain price of $150k)... funny thing is that his 05-06 is just sitting in his car barn, never registered, with 17 miles on it... kind of like keeping the stickers on a watch and letting it sit in a safe I guess... but to each his own..

It's nice to see them reward loyalty, but it also shuts out a lot of enthusiasts (who have that kind of $$$$ to spend on cars)...

I was actually under the impression that they wanted to avoid this type of "collectors". The whole idea was to sell it to people who would drive the car, attend track events, etc. so that layman like me could see the cars sometimes.

As you said, to each their own. I certainly use my watches and cars for what they were built for...
Old 20 May 2016, 01:32 AM   #70
GolfGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was actually under the impression that they wanted to avoid this type of "collectors". The whole idea was to sell it to people who would drive the car, attend track events, etc. so that layman like me could see the cars sometimes.

As you said, to each their own. I certainly use my watches and cars for what they were built for...
Maybe the found the market for a $400k car was smaller than they thought :)

Old 20 May 2016, 01:46 AM   #71
murcielago_boy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5170j
I. LOVE. THAT. WATCH.
(Trading for wild premiums over list price here in London too).

Congratulations and enjoy!
murcielago_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 10:59 AM   #72
tugboat3321
"TRF" Member

Watch: speedmaster
hi this is my first post on here so I will keep it short has this happened to anyone else I paid the full deposit on the snoopy last may at the omega boutique and was told they had been allocated ten watches and I was no 8 we all know about the delay so two weeks ago they told me I would get it in june they phoned me last Friday to tell me I wouldn't be getting it as they didn't receive their full allocation from omega lots of phone calls and basically they are trying to push the ck2998 on me has this happened to anyone else in the uk thanks any advice would be appreciated as I am a little bit upset about this
tugboat3321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2016, 06:27 PM   #73
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Congratulations.

I really want one of these watches.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote