The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 November 2015, 03:21 AM   #61
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg wilecoyote.jpeg (13.7 KB, 365 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 04:38 AM   #62
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt32886@gmail.com View Post
Not cool bro.... Not cool at all.
Agreed. x infinity on the douche move.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 07:02 AM   #63
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Costco is great to deal with. I returned a 12 y/o beat to hell kayak there this summer for a full refund. Purchased a new one the same day for $25 more.
How did you figure Costco owed you a refund on a 12 year old worn out kayak? You returning it for a new one is what keeps our costs rising in retail stores like Costco...it's called fraud, plain and simple.
Old 29 November 2015, 09:41 AM   #64
FrankNYC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SubC & Red;JLC RDM
I've seen 100K diamond rings on sale at Costco in Westbury. The sales person told me it's a replica; the real one gets shipped after you pay for it!
I do like Costco and their business model. They pay their employees close to 3x more than Walmart and they have very low attrition.
FrankNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 09:53 AM   #65
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Completely disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Agreed. x infinity on the douche move.
It's NOT a dousche move at all. It's called "taking advantage of the policy as written". If Costco was suffering a lose as a result of people doing this, they would remove it from their policy plain and simple. His returning of the kayak may offend you personally, but since it's not your policy nor do you have to back it, then you are outta bounds for calling him a dousche. If Costco didn't think this brings them extra business or steers customers their direction, they'd retract the policy. Costco doesn't do stupid business and they make their $ on volume spread across a multitude of items. Now, if the policy didn't have the "for any reason" language in it and he drug his 12 year old kayak up to the customer service counter and pitched a fit, then we have douschey behavior. Not until then though.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 06:20 PM   #66
Rolex-fan
"TRF" Member

saw one in Costco on Coleman ave. I asked about return and was told I could return it in one year for full refund.image.jpg
Rolex-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 06:31 PM   #67
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
It's NOT a dousche move at all. It's called "taking advantage of the policy as written". If Costco was suffering a lose as a result of people doing this, they would remove it from their policy plain and simple. His returning of the kayak may offend you personally, but since it's not your policy nor do you have to back it, then you are outta bounds for calling him a dousche. If Costco didn't think this brings them extra business or steers customers their direction, they'd retract the policy. Costco doesn't do stupid business and they make their $ on volume spread across a multitude of items. Now, if the policy didn't have the "for any reason" language in it and he drug his 12 year old kayak up to the customer service counter and pitched a fit, then we have douschey behavior. Not until then though.
Ridiculous...

Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
Old 29 November 2015, 06:41 PM   #68
ICUdR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
What you did isn't illegal nor fraud as you have been called here.

Personally I wouldn't do it plus I couldn't be bothered...

What you do is your business and I think being attacked here for a behaviour that is legal, tho against what many people here would do, is bullying.
ICUdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 06:51 PM   #69
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUdR View Post
What you did isn't illegal nor fraud as you have been called here.

Personally I wouldn't do it plus I couldn't be bothered...

What you do is your business and I think being attacked here for a behaviour that is legal, tho against what many people here would do, is bullying.
I believe it's called criticism. When you post about a "questionable" action publicly, you leave yourself open to it...that's all...
Old 29 November 2015, 06:53 PM   #70
ICUdR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I believe it's called criticism. When you post about a "questionable" action publicly, you leave yourself open to it...that's all...
Yeah fair point mate.

I guess the line between bad criticism and bullying might be very thin and it could be interpreted one way or the other
ICUdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 08:55 PM   #71
firstOwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 20th Moon, ND Sub.
Quote:
Ridiculous...

firstOwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2015, 09:00 PM   #72
firstOwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNYC View Post
I do like Costco and their business model. They pay their employees close to 3x more than Walmart and they have very low attrition.

Old 30 November 2015, 01:42 AM   #73
cruise_bone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Costco is great to deal with. I returned a 12 y/o beat to hell kayak there this summer for a full refund. Purchased a new one the same day for $25 more. They are true to their work when it comes to returns. Just not on electronics; only a three month return policy on those.
I can't believe you would actually do something so embarrassingly amateur and cheap. And then admit it as if you are proud of it!

I wouldn't be able to face my family and friends if I did such a deplorable thing.

You're a great american!
cruise_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 02:04 AM   #74
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
I see both sides of the Moral issue and people for both sides can express opinions or rationale why it's OK or NOT, but bringing the douche word is a personal attack and should be apologized for...

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 02:09 AM   #75
firstOwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
I see both sides of the Moral issue and people for both sides can express opinions or rationale why it's OK or NOT, but bringing the douche word is a personal attach and should be apologized for...

Peace on Earth

Enjoy while we can ( at our own expenses )
Old 30 November 2015, 06:40 AM   #76
Brian HCM#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRolexKingofLV View Post
So your telling me that Costco has a "bring it back whenever you want for a full refund"? What's to keep every person that buys one from them returning scratched, out of date, not to mention every time a person wants to upgrade he can just return it, and trade up!? I don't think Costco will want to sell Rolex for very long if that's how people are thinking of "playing" the return policy. Personally, I'll stick to buying toilet paper at Costco.
We have a good friend that works in returns at Costco, you'd never believe the stuff that gets returned. They did change the return policy for electronics as people were upgrading every few years, worked well for big screen TV's & computers, but that no longer is allowed. Everything else though, kind of a sweet deal if you ask me.
Brian HCM#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 06:49 AM   #77
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
i can't believe you would actually do something so embarrassingly amateur and cheap. And then admit it as if you are proud of it!

I wouldn't be able to face my family and friends if i did such a deplorable thing.

You're a great american!
+1,000,000,000
vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 07:10 AM   #78
RayRay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Costco is great to deal with. I returned a 12 y/o beat to hell kayak there this summer for a full refund. Purchased a new one the same day for $25 more. They are true to their work when it comes to returns. Just not on electronics; only a three month return policy on those.
HogwldFLTR:

That is pathetic. I recommend you refrain from making behaviors like this public knowledge. No bueno dude.
RayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 07:51 AM   #79
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Wow
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 08:10 AM   #80
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
First, to get thread back on track, who cares Costco sells Rolex.
Great warranty.
Great price.
If for you, great.
If not for you, go elsewhere.
Can't understand the dismay over Costco selling genuine watches, not being an authorized dealer, yet in the same breath, argue why a TRF non-authorized dealer is OK.

As far as using something for ever and returning it, has anyone ever, ever stood in line at a Home Depot to return something or passed by and noticed the folks in line? Unreal the stuff you see being returned.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 08:30 AM   #81
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt32886@gmail.com View Post
I don't like it. It hurts the brand being there discounted next to flat screen Vizios and bulk dog food.
it hurts the brand no more than gray/grey whatever sellers
speedmaster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 08:33 AM   #82
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
HogwldFLTR:

That is pathetic. I recommend you refrain from making behaviors like this public knowledge. No bueno dude.
hogwilds no fool..IF costco is dumb enough to have lifetime whatever warrantys and still make $$(they must) than rip them off as they are asking for abuse....

imho costcos warranty is crazy and is asking for abuse.....
Old 30 November 2015, 08:35 AM   #83
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I can't believe you would actually do something so embarrassingly amateur and cheap. And then admit it as if you are proud of it!

I wouldn't be able to face my family and friends if I did such a deplorable thing.

You're a great american!
better american than those taking on mortgages they cant afford or those living off credit.....

hogwilds no fool. costco made the rules not hogwild...
Old 30 November 2015, 08:37 AM   #84
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
The Rolex warranty goes with the watch. Why would it matter that the watch was purchased at Costco?
not all gray dealers give a rolex warranty card with the watch(costco doesent).....many dont....so NO the warranty doesent follow the watch without a warranty card
Old 30 November 2015, 08:52 AM   #85
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
better american than those taking on mortgages they cant afford or those living off credit.....

Are you an American living in Canada ?
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 09:20 AM   #86
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Quote:
Ridiculous...

Hey there pardna, hold up on the aggressiveness and judgement. No where in my reply did I state that he "should". All I said is that he's well within the policy to do so. It's on his conscience whether or not to take advantage of a policy that Costco has clearly given a significant amount of thought to. If this was bad for their business they wouldn't do it. What about this concept is so hard to get your head around? Can you not see that they have studied this 9 ways from Sunday and it provides the general buying public a measure of confidence they don't get elsewhere? It's very basic business and they made this policy for a reason and they fully expect a certain percentage of their customers to take advantage of it with no questions asked and without being hauled out in the traffic and getting called names. I for one appreciate that he was honest with us and shared that he did this. All it does is reaffirm that they are about as easy to do business with as any company out there which is what they want me to think. They ain't doin bad as a company either from my last check of their stock price. I just don't get it when people snipe at others for having the sack to do something (completely within the rules/policy) that you might not. Listening to somebody roll in here and play moral police is not something I come here for.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 09:27 AM   #87
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Would definitely buy from Costco over grey, trusted seller or not. Being offered at a lower price is a no brainer decision. Don't forget your 2% cash back.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 09:41 AM   #88
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I would buy from Costco if the deal was right. Their return policy is amazing and a significant part of their 100% customer satisfaction promise. If they wanted to remove luxury watches and abuse from the policy they easily could, but choose not to.

As for my local Costco in Indy, the best that I have seen there is a PO a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 10:00 AM   #89
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amer View Post
I don't see the big deal in creating a new thread regarding this topic...How many "Is it safe....." topics have we seen among others.

Personally I don't' have an issue where ppl buy their watches as long as they are happy. And I have no issues with the TRF sellers and yes they are awesome but some folks like to see/try the item itself that they may buy....So I get that.

I posted this in case someone local was interested.
Haven't read the whole thread. But have to agree. No harm in starting a thread like this.

Personally, I find it interesting. And however you slice it, or what's important to you, it's disappointing that Rolex allows this. I get that they can't control all gray dealers. And I'm clearly good with most gray dealers operating as they do.

And I'm fine with purchasing thru Costco if the deal is something I'm interested in. But it cheapens the brand. No question about it. You can't put yourself in the top echelon of mass luxury and allow sales to continue at a massive discount retailer like Costco.

Personally, I think they should fight this

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 10:05 AM   #90
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post

This may be off target but I'm sorry but I can't let this one go.

So are you implying that an American living in debt or with a larger mortgage than they can afford is LESS American than someone living in Canada? Not sure about you but I know several people and families that suffered hardship during the economic crisis and are still trying to get themselves out and have not taken advantage of the system like others do. As an American and a proud Patriot your statement was out of bounds and to some perhaps offensive.

Back to topic - I don't think Costco selling a Rolex or any other watch for that matter is such a big deal. No different than any other grey market dealers. And like we have found out, backed by a pretty liberal return policy. It wouldn't stop me if the deal was to good to pass up.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote