The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2017, 01:26 AM   #61
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
Watches can be an investment, but I don't think a Sub should be bought for that reason. It should be bought as a timepiece which you love everything about and if coincidentally it makes some money, that's fine. Would you buy and wear a watch primarily because you thought it might make money, or would you buy and wear a watch which you love first and foremost?

A price hike is very likely to hit the US in the "foreseeable" future. I can do nothing to stop it unfortunately. But it's the price hikes over the years that have made some older Rolex models grow in value due to their robust and timeless appeal against their newer, more expensive, counterparts.
I totally agree tie you that watches should not be bought as an investment. It is nice asset to enjoy, but there are much better investments. (Like momentum stocks in the US right now, as it looks like the bulls may keep running to 2019. Or catching European stocks mid-business cycle where the bull looks to have even longer legs. :-))

However, why do you think there will be a US pice hike in the foreseeable future? Won't Rolex let other countries' prices catch up to the US first so that international prices aren't further in disequilibrium?
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2017, 02:00 AM   #62
Why1504
"TRF" Member

New to the Rolex, but “investments” in jewelry, guns, cars... is usually a fools run.

Occasionally you can do well but when you walk into a store and buy a new item you instantly will lose anywhere from 20-50 percent of the purchase price. Over time that number can go up or down depending on demand and condition of that item.

In my research, Rolex does a bit better than most. The prices tend to bottom out a little sooner and depending on the model (and it’s demand), begin to creep back up.
Why1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2017, 02:04 AM   #63
Godfather111
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Step
If my local AD offered me a Submariner Date for $8000, I would buy 2. One to keep, one to sell when there is a Rolex sports watch shortage. (which is ALL THE TIME)

Good price.
Godfather111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2017, 03:29 AM   #64
Royalex
"TRF" Member

Congrats in my country it's almost usd9000 for the grey market since the ADs don't have any stock for this model.
Royalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2017, 03:15 AM   #65
Torque Time
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ 1601
Congrats on first Rolex...welcome to the club! AD are in business to sell watches and make a profit. I think you paid a reasonable price, especially if NIB. Definition of a good deal is, If you like your purchase and are satisfied with the price you paid. Enjoy!
Torque Time is offline   Reply With Quote