The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 November 2008, 01:59 AM   #61
Felly Jr.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona/GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by evy411nia View Post
Now I'm trying to think if I've ever had sex with my Rolex on my wrist ???
Could be a level of euphoria I hadn't considered. I'll report back to TRF with my findings.
Well.........How was it??
Felly Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2008, 06:28 AM   #62
Engi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post

Well, that thread title might sound a wee bit far-fetched; but do you guys ever get that certain feeling of extreme well-being and euphoria with a Rolex strapped around your wrist?

I do.....well, sometimes anyway!!

It feels so nice to find yourself suddenly gazing down intensely at all that noble metal on your wrist, or even gold, steel......whatever. There is something so captivating about a Rolex that mesmerises one into a daze and makes one feel so placid in the knowledge that there is a marvellous time-piece on the wrist.

I do feel euphoric with my Rollies sometimes. Do you?

Hi JJ, same feeling here, I fully agree 100%.

Just Rolex and Tudor (in particular on oyster bracelets) make me such effect.

It's a great satisfaction to look at your wrist when you have one of them strapped ...

Ciao

Engi
Engi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2008, 11:13 PM   #63
Barbara

The sales lady asked me if I was worried about hitting my husband with it if I wasn't going to take it off at night. Really, it never entered my mind.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2008, 02:09 AM   #64
vapalux
"TRF" Member

JJ. I always wanted a Rolex and was scared to open the box when it arrived. So I wouldn't class that as euphoric more like scared that I was going to have one at last.

Now its probably euphoric when I look at it and think. Its mine and I worked my backside off for it . My partner thinks the same as she keeps asking me the time knowing how pleased I am to look at it.

Mind you, its gets a bit tiring after 300 times!

As for an English thing about asking if its real. It must be. I wore a DJ over Christmas and we had the two moms and my partners brother for dinner(a Turkey was too expensive). No one noticed I had it on but when it was politely bought into the conversation the first thing that was said by all 3 was- is it real? - Grrrrrrrr no its a flipping fake, gnash, gnash!!!!!!!

So on that basis. It must be us

Si
vapalux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2008, 02:29 AM   #65
BZA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Not sure about euphoria, but I will say this: When I look at my watch to check the time, I have to look twice, because the first time I just end up admiring the beauty of it and forget to register what the actual time is.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evy411nia View Post
I certainly do feel like a man of discerning taste and refinement when I look upon mine. To me, it's one of life's simple pleasures...sitting on my patio, taking in the abundance of flora I have so lovingly cultivated, sipping a delicious beverage with my beautiful children playing at my feet...and then looking down at that piece of perfection on my wrist. This is the moment when all is right with the world.
That's poetic!

What I also like about Rolex is the fact that these watches are not delicate. You can wear them at a construction site, in the sea, or in a 5* hotel.

That's the magic for me. I like AP & OP, but for me Rolex is number 1.
Previous:[/B] 1: Rolex 16610 Y 2002 2: Rolex Daytona V 2008 3: Rolex 16610LV Z 2007 4: Rolex Milgauss 116400GV V 2008 5: Panerai Luminor Marina PR PAM 93 2005 6: AP ROO Diver H 2013 7: Rolex DJ II Slate w/ Grn Romans Random 2013 8:Panerai Submersible Ti PAM 25 2013
BZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2008, 03:04 AM   #66
smith one
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai, JLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felly Jr. View Post
I totally feel the same way about my Rollies. It doesn't matter which one I'm wearing, I just can't keep my eye's off my wrist when I have one on.

I really have to be careful because as I'm driving down the road I have a tendency to sneak a quick peek at my watch. I've been in the habit of whipping out my phone at stop lights and snapping a pic or two to send to fellow WIS friends.

I think my friends feel I'm a bit insane about my watches, and maybe I am, but I don't care because I derive an immense amount of pleasure from owning and loving my beloved timepieces!

I'm extra excited about the addition of a new Rolex I have coming in the morning!

Felly...I think maybe 16622? Am I close?

smith one
smith one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2008, 05:38 AM   #67
Felly Jr.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona/GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith one View Post
Felly...I think maybe 16622? Am I close?

smith one
It was this:

Felly Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2008, 10:16 AM   #68
smith one
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai, JLC
Nice!! Congrats Felly!!!

smith one
smith one is offline   Reply With Quote