The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 April 2019, 05:44 AM   #61
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

No. I really like the Snoopy but I don't think of it as even with the Daytona. Do we know how much Snoopy's actually trade for? Not ask but trade.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 05:53 AM   #62
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPunk View Post
Having snoopy or Micky mouse on a watch is childish in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Skip this Snoopy nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
Trade a Daytona for a Speedmaster with a comic strip character on it? Odds I’d do this, 0%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
I am flabbergasted. An Omega watch with Snoopy on the dial is trading for $25,000?!?!?!
AND you are considering trading a Rolex Daytona for a watch with Snoopy on the dial.
Gents, perhaps check a bit of history and the connection Omega, Snoopy and NASA will make sense after all.

The Omega is a much more rare and interesting watch imho. Very tastefully done and much nicer compared to the original.
Hand wound movement in a chrono is the way to go.

Make that trade and get a much better box as well
Old 11 April 2019, 06:14 AM   #63
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
I'm a massive, massive Snoopy fan. For decades my mother and I have only sent each other Snoopy cards and we've bought countless Snoopy items. For that reason, this is the one watch I would trade a Rolex for (for that sentimental value). I would trade a SS Daytona for it, but I wouldn't trade a full YG Submariner for it. I think to make this trade you have to love Speedies, Snoopy (a lot!), and NASA's space history. For me, Snoopy alone would do it, and the fact that unworn this watch is going to keep climbing in value.

I would not get this watch to wear daily - I consider this one a collector's piece. I would not trade my only daily Rolex for a piece that I won't wear (the Snoopy). I think this has to be a "I have the Rolexes I really like, and I can get the Snoopy I want with this trade" kind of deal. Then, yes.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 06:35 AM   #64
broham84
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Gents, perhaps check a bit of history and the connection Omega, Snoopy and NASA will make sense after all.

The Omega is a much more rare and interesting watch imho. Very tastefully done and much nicer compared to the original.
Hand wound movement in a chrono is the way to go.

Make that trade and get a much better box as well
Yes, hand wound movement is the way to go when it's a fully blown cal. 321, not a watered down version with column wheel taken out.

As far as the connection between snoopy and NASA it is well documented. A re-edition of speedmaster with a snoopy slapped on the dial means very little.
broham84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 06:46 AM   #65
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broham84 View Post
Yes, hand wound movement is the way to go when it's a fully blown cal. 321, not a watered down version with column wheel taken out.

As far as the connection between snoopy and NASA it is well documented. A re-edition of speedmaster with a snoopy slapped on the dial means very little.
Apparently it means approx 3.5x multiple above MSRP on the secondary market. So your interpretation of very little is different than most

Omega knocked it out of the park with this reference and the broader collector market agrees. This is not your run of the mill Speedy LE
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 07:47 AM   #66
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Personally its not a trade I'd even consider.. but of course it comes down to what you will want to put on your wrist. I would try to buy the Snoopy and test drive it first and see where it goes.. you can always sell the daytona after that and still get what you were offered.. if you sell the daytona too early, getting it back is not going to be fun.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:18 AM   #67
thepress83
"TRF" Member

Absolutely no way would I make that trade. I've tried on the snoopy and the Daytona is on another level. The snoopy bubble will burst like every other Omega LE when they re-release it with a minor tweak.
thepress83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:19 AM   #68
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I have both Snoopy and Daytona ceramic. I was able to get snoopy when it was released for retail. Prices are insane right now. Although I do love snoopy I much prefer Daytona.
MichelleP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:30 AM   #69
Ungucpho
Banned

https://youtu.be/B58cntSbk7E

Just saw this watch on watchbox studios. Around the 8:45 mark
Ungucpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:38 AM   #70
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

No way Jose
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:40 AM   #71
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
I assume this is a serious post and OP had done all his home work completely.

These 2 watches are completely different animals, a manual winding movement is always a novelty for me, ie a weekend watch at the barbe.
Old 11 April 2019, 08:44 AM   #72
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
No way I’d consider it. Daytona and speedy not in the same category to me. ESP with a cartoon dog on the dial. Nope nope nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 April 2019, 08:47 AM   #73
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Unless u love all things snoopy-related, I would not pay extra $4k
Even trade at best

Watch to watch, Daytona is a better overall piece imho (and I don’t even like the Daytona. Lol)
But this omega snoopy speedy has a cult-like following that’s hard to compare, even considering the super-popular Daytona.
Hence the value increase.

Do u really like the snoopy watch? Hard to believe that since u didn’t even realize it was a manual. Lol

Sounds to me like u are not happy with black Daytona... and u still want the white dial Daytona.
Go trade ur Daytona for a white one, even if u pay little extra.
Old 11 April 2019, 08:48 AM   #74
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Is this serious? No way!!! Buy a gently used Speedy Pro and keep the Daytona. Lotta hype around the Snoopy. In fact, no one really knows why. But it’s just hype. It’s otherwise no better than the Speedy Pro imo.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:00 AM   #75
F1polesitter
"TRF" Member

So many replies, yet few even know about the significance of the Silver Snoopy.

There's no right answer.
Regret? Why?

If you you've had your fun with the Daytona and like the Snoopy, go for it.
But from a value perspective, I would make the trade straight up with no cash. That would be a fair trade.
F1polesitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:10 AM   #76
EP32k2
"TRF" Member

Get the snoopy. Nothing special about the Daytona. Snoopy speedys are only going up in value.
EP32k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:15 AM   #77
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

There is no significance. It's another LE by Omega. Want significant? Go buy some real speedmasters from the period. I bet it's cheaper than picking up one of the 1000+ unused Snoopies flippers are sitting on for a few years waiting to fleece. These are the 80s emu egg craze. A false market of speculations with no mind for the actual product.

Like i said, you can get a Royal Oak Chrono for this price, let that sink in
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:24 AM   #78
venom79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
I have both Snoopy and Daytona ceramic. I was able to get snoopy when it was released for retail. Prices are insane right now. Although I do love snoopy I much prefer Daytona.

Thanks, your opinion is very valuable for me

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
venom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:49 AM   #79
le.mio
"TRF" Member

I would get the Snoopy, it's hard to find an unworn one and you can pick another Daytona later on.
le.mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:49 AM   #80
broham84
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Apparently it means approx 3.5x multiple above MSRP on the secondary market. So your interpretation of very little is different than most

Omega knocked it out of the park with this reference and the broader collector market agrees. This is not your run of the mill Speedy LE
I wouldn't say most, if that's the case it'd be trading at 100k and none would come up in the secondary market.

Just a slightly over hyped run of the mill speedy LE, and this is coming from someone has extensive experience with them. My good friend has 2 in his safe for investment purposes.
broham84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 09:50 AM   #81
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

No way
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:00 AM   #82
Tulsa_WIS_88
"TRF" Member

I would have a hard time with tying $25k of watch in a Speedy. While it's hard to find..we're still talking about a piece with nearly 2k units. Is it really that limited?

Personally - I would want to feel like I upgraded if I were to flip the Daytona. AP chrono, gold Rolex, etc. would be on my radar.
Tulsa_WIS_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:13 AM   #83
ppalasthira
Banned

Watch: SubC.5711.D500
If you like the Omega, why not?

ppalasthira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:16 AM   #84
moonshine89
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 white
I still don’t get why the snoopy is so popular. It doesn’t look like a the classic speedy at all. The majority of the value from the snoopy is from it being in mint/bnib condition. If you plan on wearing it then you’ll lose a decent amount of the value.

The beauty of the Daytona ceramic beyond its actual physical beauty is the fact that you can also wear it and it won’t lose much value. I wouldn’t trade a Daytona c for a snoopy. Feels like you’re trading down.

Starting to look at APs as well given the Daytona price range...

2014 114060
moonshine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:27 AM   #85
simbal
"TRF" Member

You should always get what you like even though a watch is over valued to others. To most folks the white snoopy is over valued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:28 AM   #86
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Wow, the Silver Snoopy, that's a new one for me! The Speedy is Omega's crown jewel in their professional line and they often seem to have a LE version. IMHO, Snoopy aside, it's not in the same class as the Daytona in terms of case and movement. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Peanuts and Snoopy fan for many years, but it seems out of place on a professional watch. Though in today's market the Silver Snoopy may continue to appreciate. LE's of luxury goods is a great trick to push sales. Good luck in your decision and own what gives you pleasure. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg news-021400c.jpg (25.5 KB, 132 views)
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:31 AM   #87
StoryTime
"TRF" Member

Please don’t, keep the Daytona and buy the snoopy separately if you have to!
StoryTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:32 AM   #88
nick c
Banned

Please don’t do it.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 10:34 AM   #89
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
i wouldnt do it as it is only a matter of time before Omega releases another one. anything LE from Omega is only limited in so far as not enough time has passed to fleece the market for another one. look at what theyve just done with Gemini IV LE release from 2005. they released a LE for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics that is nearly the exact same watch.
Typical Omega, with all of their "limited editions". I understand the history of the moonwatch, but I just cannot get behind the brand and their blah-like watches.

Just my opinion, so don't kill me.
Old 11 April 2019, 10:43 AM   #90
1Daytona
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deep Sea Blue
I wouldn't do it. Not worth it even though Snoopy is limited. Rolex Daytona ceramic much more valuable and will appreciate more due to limited availability. You will always get your money back on your Daytona and you won't ever have trouble selling the Daytona in the future if you had to. Selling the Snoopy down the road would be more difficult IMO. You can get the same basic Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch chrono for around $5000 new with a white or a black dial. Omega has many variations, check them out.

I had an Omega Apollo 11 35th Anniversary Moonwatch with Panda dial. Went up in value. After a while, the novelty wore off and I felt the watch was "gimmicky" and it was just another Omega Moonwatch with a different dial, nothing that special. Sold it and never looked back. I believe Rolex makes a better watch due to their movements and 904L stainless steel.

As we all know, watch purchases are very subjective-what might attract you may not be anything special for someone else. The bottom line is that if you really like it better than the Rolex, get it...although be prepared to miss your ceramic Daytona when you see it on someone else's wrist. Seller's remorse is not fun, been there, done that :)

Last edited by 1Daytona; 11 April 2019 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: typo
1Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote