The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 March 2020, 05:15 AM   #61
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Go for it. Best GMT in the current lineup. This on 6.75 wrist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D5B0091D-09F8-4EAD-B844-FD1D4EC293CE.jpeg (99.5 KB, 333 views)
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 05:30 AM   #62
wuyangkid
"TRF" Member

On the list for one of these at the AD but recently, my head has been turned by the 4500v overseas and now I need to decide which one to get as I can't afford both, especially in these times

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
wuyangkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 05:40 AM   #63
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
On the list for one of these at the AD but recently, my head has been turned by the 4500v overseas and now I need to decide which one to get as I can't afford both, especially in these times

I've also eyed the overseas, it's significantly more expensive is it not?
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 05:41 AM   #64
APPRF
"TRF" Member

The VC overseas is a damn good looking watch too. Thinking of getting the dual time blue.
Old 29 March 2020, 05:47 AM   #65
wuyangkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
I've also eyed the overseas, it's significantly more expensive is it not?
Here, the rootbeer is £11,850 from the AD but I have no idea when I'll get it. Prices from grey arr around £14 - 16k. The overseas is £17k from the AD but i have seen some greys have it for £15k. As it's not one of the most in demand models, i think you might be able to negotiate a further discount on it so the prices aren't worlds apart

Old 29 March 2020, 05:48 AM   #66
wuyangkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
The VC overseas is a damn good looking watch too. Thinking of getting the dual time blue.
Even though I really want a Gmt complication, the dual time is just a bit too busy for me and I much prefer the simplicity of the 3 hand one

Old 29 March 2020, 06:19 AM   #67
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My indices are white. But like any other watch, the colours that surround them can make the brain process it a bit differently, and this probably varies by person.

I've got skinny wrists. Can't tell you the exact measurement because I'm not in a position to measure them, but they are skinny. 42mm is my upper limit, although it does depend on lug bulk and design. I think my TT CHNR wears a bit smaller and more elegantly than my Hulk. And the Hulks suits me very well.

You'd have to try one for yourself. It is a really cool watch. Best appreciated in person. Most photos don't do it justice.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 06:50 AM   #68
Pim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
I had the blue in hand and I really didn't like the colour, it had a plastic'ish' look. I the blue on a Rolex Sky-Dweller is so much better.

I is a very cool watch tough
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 08:19 AM   #69
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

All the 6 digit GMT’s are 40mm.

I have 7.5” wrists and it’s pretty much perfect for me and I can also wear the 42mm Explorer 2 no problems and the DJ2, but the Explorer and DJ2 are my upper size limit.

I would suggest if your wrist is less than 6.5” then the GMT’s could start to look a too large. They would defo look too large on a 6” wrist to my mind.

I have the 126711 and it’s a beautiful watch. Not for everyone maybe, but generally Rolex hit the colour tones perfectly on this reference. I’ve had mine a little over one year, the wait time was an incredibly short 2 days from an AD I had never done business with before so I was lucky. I’ve been on the list for the Pepsi for the last 6 months so still patiently waiting for that.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 11:01 AM   #70
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Just took the last of my stickers off mine over night, figure I may as well enjoy it while I am able to.

The posts above about photos not doing this model justice, are sadly correct. Usually people talk things way up on forums and this watch is one of the rare cases where the it is in fact very under rated.

It is easily the best TT watch I have ever seen let alone owned. The colour match with the rose gold and earthy tones is just so right. Its not blingy although it has bling. Its not understated , yet it is. There is something with the colour pallet that plays a trick on my brain and makes it damn near perfect.

However, please do not buy it because of the hype, only buy it if you love it. It is only a watch and its there to be enjoyed not as a safe queen.

steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 11:29 AM   #71
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
Just took the last of my stickers off mine over night, figure I may as well enjoy it while I am able to.

The posts above about photos not doing this model justice, are sadly correct. Usually people talk things way up on forums and this watch is one of the rare cases where the it is in fact very under rated.

It is easily the best TT watch I have ever seen let alone owned. The colour match with the rose gold and earthy tones is just so right. Its not blingy although it has bling. Its not understated , yet it is. There is something with the colour pallet that plays a trick on my brain and makes it damn near perfect.

However, please do not buy it because of the hype, only buy it if you love it. It is only a watch and its there to be enjoyed not as a safe queen.

It still does look very nice in the pics, and nice Paul Smith wallet by the way! That's what seems to be drawing me in, something with the colour combo is giving off a classy vibe. I'm not into TT or gold watches at all, but for some reason this piece seems to be totally different. Will be checking it out asap once things come back to normal.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 12:15 PM   #72
Heathen23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711
Quote:
That’s awesome man. I’m going to attempt to pick one up once the ADs re-open. My only concern now is that the rose gold will look a little feminine, I haven’t seen the watch in person yet. Can you comment on that? Also size wise, I guess it’s practically identical to the Pepsi on jubilee?
It would definitely be more feminine on jubilee if it’s a concern. The oyster bails it out in this regard so does the somewhat-tobacco and black bezel/dial. I however am not sensitive to this quite possibly because at 40+. You start to care less about what’s masculine and just do you.

What stands out to me with the rose is the bracelet becomes almost subtle while the knurling on the bezel edge is THE shouty bit. Almost like a fluted DJ.
Heathen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 12:27 PM   #73
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlfecc View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this version is available soon with a two tone jubilee bracelet. It would look better, IMHO, too!
Yes, jubilee would look stunning.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 01:02 PM   #74
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

The CHNR is one of those watches which needs to be seen in person. It has the personality which matches its owner and no other watch in the Rolex lineup gives me that.

Once I got the CHNR, I stopped wearing my TT blue dial SubC. First time I ever thought of selling my bluesy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 92112EC3-8BBA-4975-9657-DE2B0B5C7B39.jpeg (218.2 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpeg B4CD88FC-3D53-44A8-9A8A-E70080993A27.jpeg (138.0 KB, 286 views)
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 01:05 PM   #75
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
Yes, jubilee would look stunning.

+1 agree.

The jubilee will enhance what’s already a great looking watch. I’ve been looking to source to replace the oyster with the jubilee, not easy to come by. Maybe Rolex will announce the CHNR on jubilee.

Nothing feminine about a TT watch that size and on a jubilee. Not that it should matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 01:07 PM   #76
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
The CHNR is one of those watches which needs to be seen in person. It has the personality which matches its owner and no other watch in the Rolex lineup gives me that.

Once I got the CHNR, I stopped wearing my TT blue dial SubC. First time I ever thought of selling my bluesy.
That is one nice strap on your CHNR. Mind sharing the brand?
Old 29 March 2020, 02:39 PM   #77
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
I'm also wondering the same thing, but I'm hoping that it wears small since I have small wrists. From what I gather so far is it wears the same as a Batman and Pepsi. Waiting for more input from other owners!

Next to each other, the lume does look more yellow, but I think it is the rose gold indices giving it that illusion.

The CHNR wears the same as the BLNR and the 116710, so you should be fine on the size.

Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 03:34 PM   #78
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post
That is one nice strap on your CHNR. Mind sharing the brand?
Everest, curved end and chestnut color.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 04:11 PM   #79
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
Everest, curved end and chestnut color.
I see. Thanks!
Old 29 March 2020, 08:58 PM   #80
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Quote:
It still does look very nice in the pics, and nice Paul Smith wallet by the way! That's what seems to be drawing me in, something with the colour combo is giving off a classy vibe. I'm not into TT or gold watches at all, but for some reason this piece seems to be totally different. Will be checking it out asap once things come back to normal.
Thank you, it was a present from my ex. Go and try a CHNR on, you will fall for it like the rest of us.

I removed the rest of its stickers last night, might as well wear it in the current climate.

steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 10:45 PM   #81
pedersenkl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, GMT, Sub
In my search for the BLNR, my AD recommended the Rolesor CHNR. While not a two tone person, this watch continues to grow on me and I’m thinking it may be a better option than the BLNR. The rose gold with chocolate/black bezel really do go together well. Very natural colors. Not too flashy like YG, understated but elegant while still sporty.

For those who own, how is the versatility of it? Versatile enough to work with most outfits for a daily wear (in small rotation)?
pedersenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 11:04 PM   #82
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
In my search for the BLNR, my AD recommended the Rolesor CHNR. While not a two tone person, this watch continues to grow on me and I’m thinking it may be a better option than the BLNR. The rose gold with chocolate/black bezel really do go together well. Very natural colors. Not too flashy like YG, understated but elegant while still sporty.

For those who own, how is the versatility of it? Versatile enough to work with most outfits for a daily wear (in small rotation)?
Rootbeer is my favourite watch from the gmt collection with the batgirl my least favourite.

It is a very versatile watch and I wear it often!
gold&black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:08 AM   #83
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Is it like an obvious two-tone watch or more subtle? I've never been in to two-tone at all but the cappuccino colours on the bezel are really attracting me.

The rose gold is more subtle than YG, and the combination with the bezel is sublime. I never like a single TT watch before myself, but this one knocks it out of the park. I even like the TT version better than the full gold in this particular case.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:54 AM   #84
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
The rose gold is more subtle than YG, and the combination with the bezel is sublime. I never like a single TT watch before myself, but this one knocks it out of the park. I even like the TT version better than the full gold in this particular case.

Exactly, you took the words from my mouth. Also the Rolex steel goes so well with the Rolex rose gold. I can’t describe it.
Old 27 April 2020, 12:58 AM   #85
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold&black View Post
Rootbeer is my favourite watch from the gmt collection with the batgirl my least favourite.

It is a very versatile watch and I wear it often!
Same here
Old 27 April 2020, 01:03 AM   #86
Event Horizon
Banned

Watch: BLRO
Tried one of these on in Cancun last year.
The minute I got into the airport to fly out, I regretted not picking it up.
It's very beautiful in person and I was getting a small discount along with vat refund.
Event Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 01:18 AM   #87
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post

It’s been my daily since some time now. With suits, jackets, jeans and shorts. Versatile enough. Gets more compliments than any other watch I have or owned before.

Old 27 April 2020, 01:47 AM   #88
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
The TT CHNR is the 'only' Rolex in my collection that I can safely say will stay with me till the end.

Old 27 April 2020, 02:30 AM   #89
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post

I’ve actually had this hypothetical debate in my head. If given the opportunity, I’m not sure I would replace my TT CHNR with the full rose one at this stage of my life.

The TT really seems to be getting noticed and popping up a lot more lately on watch forums.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 11:05 AM   #90
pedersenkl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, GMT, Sub
The opportunity to purchase the CHNR may be in front of me via an AD I know at MSRP. I have not been following CHNR, but it appears also to be a difficult allocation piece for ADs? Maybe not as high demand as BLNR, but still a difficult piece to obtain. Is this still the case?

The more I view photos/videos, research and gain input on the CHNR, the more I like it as a better alternative to the BLNR. Just costs 50% more for the Rolesor. I have all steel watches, black or white faces. No GMT, color, or two tone. So this would provide a very well rounded option I think. Subtle, classy, and not as flashy as WG. But still sporty and versatile enough give the chocolate/black natural color scheme.

I’m debating on whether paying MSRP now or whether the AD might accommodate a slight discount if paying cash? Just not sure whether that is too much to ask given the allocation, demand, and current industry position? This is my next watch for probably another 5 to 10 years, so don’t want to miss the opportunity.
pedersenkl is offline   Reply With Quote